Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#226 10/05/12 10:10

ltemplar

Re: BGI Characters and Levels Discussion

Interesting...

1)How She meet with Casey the firs time?
2)BGI attack her to see who she is in the firs encounter...
3)Kidnapping in your version is alternative for player ..or how we create this part?
4)The Chung part is interesting..that can produce interesting possibilities.

But allow me to work on the ROBOT..will ya? tongue kdn.

Last edited by ltemplar (10/05/12 10:10)

#227 10/05/12 10:10

Samer
Website

1- She could have met casey the first time in the training room, my mega pack level will also add him as partner in level 2 and 3 .. we could imply that casey somehow mysteriously disappeared. (in fact the bgi kidnapped him and used him as blackmail to griffin. asking him to kill konoko with shinatama and emprison kerr and all that) or we could have casey been kidnapped long before the first level, and not make an appearance till the bgi hq and muro base.

2- My theory for the attack on her place is cz they have been looking for her along time ago .. kerr and griffin hid her form their eyes, but after her fight with
barabas it caught their attention that no ordinary agent can beat him. they want to kill\catch her cz she's a threat or to study the chrysallis or whatever.
when they failed they had to resort to other indirect measures, the syndicate attack on the tctf hq to wipe their traces, and kidnapping casey let griffin do their dirty work for them.

3- i didn't understand what u mean by alternative to player tongue yes have casey kidnapped instead of konoko, (she's too bad ass to be kidnapped anyway tongue) and she finds him there by accident. ( the guy doesn't always have to rescue the girl tongue and having him there for final confrontation with iron demon would be fun ^_^, he could also later appear in the final battle vs muro .. how else did griffin no to go to her tongue ! casey after being saved went back to griffin and told him how she saved him and that she's going to attack muro's base ^_^ thus they came to help her at the end)

work on the robot big_smile i'm gonna work on the hydra ^_^ and those hammer animations ^_^

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#228 10/05/12 14:10

ltemplar

BGI ROBOT texture finish..this is base. so fill free to comment..

bgirobottexture90fin.jpg

Last edited by ltemplar (10/05/12 14:10)

#229 10/05/12 15:10

Samer
Website

can we have a closer\bigger screenshot ? i can't see anything :s

Last edited by Samer (10/05/12 15:10)

#230 10/05/12 15:10

ltemplar

No problem.

bgirobottexture90fina.jpg

close up

bgirobottexture90finb.jpg

bgirobottexture90finc.jpg

So what do you think about it?

Last edited by ltemplar (10/05/12 15:10)

#231 10/05/12 15:10

Samer
Website

I like it overall smile i like the head most of all.
but i think u can add some more details if u like as it looks a little too clean if u know what i mean.
some suggestions .. u don't have to do them if u don't want to of course :
add something on the back of the chest.
have part of the calf from the front also have some lines and bolts like the wrist . u know like the hammer.
i also suggest that the red parts are colored green and have some more green squares here and there maybe on the shoulders .. and those thin metallic things between the chest and mid color them green or black too. and maybe have the feet black
i think without the unit 01 thing since no other bgi characters are numbered, maybe add the BGi logo instead. http://wiki.oni2.net/w/images/f/f7/BGI_logo.png

Last edited by Samer (10/05/12 15:10)

#232 10/05/12 16:10

ltemplar

What bolts ? this is robot no cyborg..Its clean look shows that too...Adding to many details will make it look to cyborg-ish les robot-ish like.

We can't make every BGI character exactly the same..

As I wrote above this is the "clean version"..ready for combat..green..i can add it but where? Camouflaged , or in another color scheme is for discussion..."part"

Last edited by ltemplar (10/05/12 17:10)

#233 10/05/12 16:10

Samer
Website

Ok then as u like smile can u release those textures  please ?
Green .. Look at the ninjabot .. See how there's some green on the back, of the chest ?  ..  again u don't have to .. But upload the package and i'll modify them for my use .. And geyser can modify them for himself.
but for camoflage i thought we agreed (also geyser agreed) that's not suitable for th BGI except if u want to make him not BGI but WCG or something , maybe later for ur ODF-TC mode... But for this mod it will stand out as the only camoflaged character. In my humble opinion.

Last edited by Samer (10/05/12 16:10)

#234 10/05/12 16:10

ltemplar

Not yet...I have to Export properly the character(modified UVW thing)..Tomorrow maybe..
Camouflaged? No..camouflaged will be For the WGC military .Maybe we can create  TCTF  or Syndicate version too.

Last edited by ltemplar (10/05/12 16:10)

#235 10/05/12 16:10

Samer
Website

That's what i'm saying don't do camoflaged for bgi tongue i don't think it would be a good idea for tctf and syndicate to use same bot model tongue
btw if u fail to export .. I'll export them for u.
thanks for ur work.

#236 10/05/12 18:10

EdT
Website

What a difference the texture makes!   The BGI robot looks awesome!

#237 10/06/12 01:10

Samer
Website

How's the export going :-) ?

#238 10/06/12 01:10

ltemplar

When it will be ready I will post it.... don't worry. Now is the funniest part setting correct centers of rotations....

#239 10/06/12 01:10

Samer
Website

wait they're already set :S ! geyser spent a lot of time setting them to make it look right, don't change them.
or if u have to change them match them to the original robot model not to another oni character

Last edited by Samer (10/06/12 01:10)

#240 10/06/12 01:10

ltemplar

Yes I'm using his model as reference..but because I have to change UVW..(also cut some parts and create new one)..I need to sett them right from the beginning...
It's mostly ..copy old center coordinates(from reference model) to the new one.

Last edited by ltemplar (10/06/12 01:10)

#241 10/06/12 09:10

ltemplar

And again...we have repetition of the same export problem....

It can be :
1)Problem with XSI
2)Problem with Exported DAE
3)Problem with Oni Split
..one of thous

I will provide 3 files

1-XSI direct
2)DAE file
3)Onisplit export..

Please examine them..and tell me on what part of this process this error is produced. Because I'm off ideas now.

From some Unknown reasons..Samer TRAMA file also is not working as it should..

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?t2vj7bp0lywlj49

PS. sorry for double post.

Last edited by ltemplar (10/06/12 09:10)

#242 10/06/12 10:10

EdT
Website

3) problem with OniSplit.  Samer discovered a bug with the latest OniSplit, so for TRBS you need to use an older version such as v58: http://edt.oni2.net/OniSplit/OniSplit58.exe.zip

I imported your dae with .58
bgirobot.jpg

#243 10/06/12 10:10

ltemplar

So this - THAT error was produced ,no by my exporting method.., no by some strange plug-in..but OniSplit...??? Gezz...so much wested time because of this...Guys please give next time the note about problems with OniSplit v 0.6 version This will avoid huge confusion for newer moders...

PS.EdT...TRAM was also correct?

BTW..On screen do I see Musashi inc Manufacture Plant lobby entrance(from the outside) or this is the new level you are now working one?

EDIT1 I used v 58..BUT legs are still have bad translations..i will try with other versions..

Last edited by ltemplar (10/06/12 12:10)

#244 10/06/12 11:10

ltemplar

So any idea whats..going one?

V 54 seams to work similar to v 85..i will try as last resort v 41 ...

Forget it problem solved..

Here is the link to Updated the package

http://www.mediafire.com/?gy908hcl2zloqo2

Again sorry for double post

Last edited by ltemplar (10/06/12 12:10)

#245 10/06/12 13:10

EdT
Website

Itemplar: Samer told me about this problem on Oct 5 using v.70.  Oddly, I am using .70 without any issues...
I'm waiting for a reply from the author on OniSplit for a fix.

Yes it is outside the Man plant

#246 10/06/12 14:10

ltemplar

Now we should discuss about his moves..

I propose adding him the laser attack(we don't have any ranged attack characters here)..And i don't mean weapons..but combat move which he/it can use .
This is robot so something like that will not be "odd" or "not in place".. in comparison to him.

Because now i solve this exporting problem(for good i hope) then will try to do this myself(adding proper animations etc)..

Somebody interested in such character?

#247 10/06/12 14:10

Samer
Website

Mm ok tongue as i said i was hoping that would be for the typhoon which u said u'll improve  sad , and BGI bat (flying female bot with laser shooting, i'm going to make the model)  both of which we discussed earlier.
However i guess we can modify them for both with some slight differences.
for this one i suggest that he's still melee oriented but to have a heavy punch with particle attack like u said. The move i suggest is : he'll emit a green laser beam from his eye ... The move is he'll rotate quickly in his place with his arms extended like the elite's heavy punch, and at same time shooting the laser from his eye .. So as he rotates the laser will cover all dirrections and u have to quickly duck to avoid it.
but really sad the typhoon's eyes look like cyclops and laser eye shooting would be great for him as well.
so just so i know .. Do u still plan to help with the typhoon later on .. Or did u change ur mind ?
p.s i'll be able to test what u uploaded in an hour or 2, but i'll do some texture modification as i said before.

Last edited by Samer (10/06/12 14:10)

#248 10/06/12 15:10

ltemplar

I'm still upgrade typhoon if needed. No worry..(did i say soothing that i abandoned him?? hmm?)

As what is regarding to moves..Check his down wrist texture...Do you see thous red objects there? This could be laser emitter thing..And i think rotation will be perfect for his second move..(ass geyser suggested)..His shooting move will only be used when is out of conventional weapons(as you seed he will be more CQC oriented). Plasma swords..maybe ....

Still don't know.

But ad last I have motivation to add thous special animations for the ninjas..hehe..

What moves you plan for typhoon then?

#249 10/06/12 18:10

Samer
Website

Original in game :
2012-10-07_020544.jpg

my modified version : added/changed some colors and added some shadows
2012-10-07_021303.jpg

i think this goes more with the bgi ninjabot now smile
2012-10-03_213104.jpg

ltemplar i must say editing those textures i could really see the effort u put into them, really nice job smile hope u like my modifications.

for the moves yes i guess those parts on the wrist can shoot lasers i didn't think of it .. So never mind the eye thing tongue shooting from the wrists while rotating will be better because there will be 2 beams big_smile Or the rotation move without lasers as u like smile true it will be a bit overpowered with that move for a common foe that's why this rotating move with laser shooting may be better for typhoon which already has a tornado animation that i sent to u with the model, it needs some fine tuning and we can have the typhoon shoot lasers from his visor smile:) .. The typhoon reminds me of many circular movements such as elite's and strikers and muro's heavy punches.

but 1 request sad let the lasers be green instead of red. big_smile

p.s thanks for not abandoning the typhoon and i'm glad the exporting finally works for you.

Last edited by Samer (10/07/12 14:10)

#250 10/06/12 19:10

ltemplar

Youp .. the uvw was a real..bi#$..to begin with...they are simple..but that was my goal....

You could do a better job in adding thous green parts...but is my opinion..

Green laser..?Maybe..we shell see.

Board footer