Moving this from ltemplar's thread
I believe that we should make first, the list of all BGI characters, and then categorize them. BOSS, MINI BOSS, RARE, COMMON, security .. guardians,etc.
Then where it will be presented
Then the look.
Then wrote armament for itch class.
here's my list following chain of commands :
1. BGI executives : non combatant older guys in suits .. they're the head of the BGI .. appearance : end of level category : rare
2. Sarai : second in command .. special abilities : high agility and melee .. appearance : konoko apartment, wearing the green scout uniform or something similar .. End of bgi level : wearing the black suit outfit she has currently.
weapons : small energy weapon that shoots high damaging rays category : boss
3. BGI agents : Sarai's henchmen and her eyes and ears on the field .. special abilities : shadow dash .. weapon and technology experts .. weapons a variety of weapons .. appearance : with sarai in apartment attack and throughout the bgi level especially when close to sarai .. category : common
moves needed for now : a throw where agent hold target with 1 arm and punches quickly and repeatedly with the other, target falls in place
4. BGI assassins : Jubei and Akane : ninaj twins (male and female) abilities : stealth, invisibility, can throw metallic ninja stars ..look : stealth black leathery outfit with technological accessories and green buttons .. and very light or non white\black armor pieces .. i will make the heads and most of the moves for them will need ur help with the outfits a female and male version . appearance : can appear on 1 of the floors after konoko makes her way up from the underground facility. category : mini Bosses
5. BGI troopers : category : common Armored agents .. abilities : weapon and strike experts .. moves include a charge move i have prepared (used it on the golden tctf) .. and heavy throws : carries taregt to above head and then forcefully bash enemy to the ground. weapons : heavy weapons, wide ballistic and energy weapons ur choice. appearance throughout the level with agents and guards and robots
6. BGI Hammer : category : miniboss .. ability : discussed before .. (immune to bullets and can not be knocked down or thrown, highly powerful punches, earthquakes, and shockwaves ) weapons : none .. relies on his sheer physical strenght .. appearance :shortly after konoko reaches underground facility
7. BGI Shocker: category : miniboss .. ability : generates stunning electric bolts from fists and can discharge a lot of electricity from his chest (like mutant's muro attack) appearance : humane head with visor and ear pieces with antenna .. and spiky hair .. body : white armor , energy source on back, 1 fist of the armor shaped like a vdg .. and there's a central circular green plate on his chest which discharges electricity (can make it animated) I will make this character model and moves .. might need ur help with the shooting bolts. appearance : 1 of the rooms of the underground .. where there are a lot of equipment and wires.
8. BGI Hydra : category : rare ( initially wanted her a miniboss but we i'll make her 2 more varients and it can appear several times in the underground cyborg facility .. abilities discussed before .. weapons : also none relies on her extreme speed and leg attacks and jumps ... moves needed : a hrow .. holds enemy ( as if she's hugging him) jumps up and then lets go of the enemy forcefully into the ground .. another throw : she jumps up and lands and then jumps several times on enemy's shoulders .. a super kick : she jumps high and then lands forcefully on ground then jumps again and repeats for few times : a quick circular area attack .. and another super move i will make
9.BGI Typhoon : category : rare or miniboss .. can appear with other bots as leader .. abilities : (rotates around himself and in a circular area) generating a tornado like attack, shares some throws and moves with the trooper .. can have him shoot green energy blasts out of his eyes or fists if possible. may need ur help wih improving the model and particle attack and tuning animations .. this is it: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22609960/22024BGI_Typhoon.zip if u want to improve the model, there's also the tornado animation included to see it use command : chr_animate 0 TYPCOMpunch_heavy the move needs some tuning, u can convert it to dae and improve it if u want
10. BGI robots : 2 types category common : appearance with other characters throughout the level as support and appear heavily in the cyborg lab can be leaded by th typhoon
BGI ninjabot from the link i posted : high agility, lower health , i'll make this one
BGI trooper bot (or let's simply call him BGI robot) : the one i'll send u to texture : low agility, more brutal attacks and health
just need ur help with texturing the second one ( i'll upload it soon) I'll set the moves. this is it : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22609960/22026BGI_Robot.zip
11. BGI Bats : category : common .. female bgi cyborgs with closed helmet .. ability fly and shoot lasers appear throughout higher security areas or big open spaces .. will need ur help with the helmet, the flying and the particles, I'll make the body .. flying i was thinking like Edt's droid glids horizontally .. like superman don't land except when killed
12. BGI guards : category common, appear in the business part of the level and throughout .. light armor and weapons .. nothing special
13. BGI receptionist\secretary : category : minor character 1 time appearance .. non combatant or can have her carry a weapon that she suddenly gets out ..
what i was thinking is : konoko makes her way thru the building fighting the light security or sneaking makes her way to the upper offices via elevator and tries to enter the executive's office .. before she enters the receptionist triggers a trap door ,, or teleporter beam that sends konoko to a prison cell under the building, but konoko breaks out (maybe daodon activates) and she begins exploring the underground area and finds cyborg lab and various rooms .. where she fights hammer and the other cyborgs (hydras and shocker and typhoon) .. and agents and guards and troopers trying to recapture her .. then maybe face off vs iron demon before she's able to go to a higher level.. and makes her way from the underground facility to higher floors with security fighting the bgi bats and robots and also guards, agents and troopers .. till at 1 floor she fights the assassins akane and jubei who were sent as last resort.. then makes her way to higher levels fighting various enemies as the building is in high alert state now .. reaches the upper level she was on .. there are few agents but no receptionist this time, and then Sarai appears for a showdown fight .. then she burges into the office and confronts executives .. (either kill them or have them escape .. or can have them launch iron demon here and she blows up the building or something as she escapes)
p.s we can start a new thread to discuss this .
.. I will start making textures for robot, bgi trooper..few helmets..and start finishing the apartment area.
And start filing witch furnitures BGI tower.. for first encounter and start making the area around bgi tower.( the roof of the second building- a start point)
In the second approach(when she found out about, hidden facility) she will get there form sewer..(then i need to create this area too)
so ltemplar let's use this thread to discuss them
I checked the models you give me...
From how many models the Typhoon consist?.. Because it's a huge mess there.
For the Typhoon model you only want the head to be improved, or other parts ass well(shoulders, calf)?
Now I start checking the BGI robot(trooper) model.Only texturing or other improvements to?
Last edited by ltemplar (13/9/12 7:30)
What do u mean a huge mess ? In xsi the body parts or u mean the files ? it's 1 model
U can improve them the way u like, improve model and textures if u want of both .. but keep their main features and shape and Current color scheme of white, green and little black.
and also looking forward to ur trooper version.
Last edited by Samer (13/9/12 7:37)
I mean UVW...for body parts.
Some parts are big some are small.
It's look like he was made from different parts from other games , and then joined together.
I will definitely improve the head part.(its the most poor looking head in entire Oni - taken from resident evil 1,2?)
The typhoon's uv map are ok as i recall .. No he was made by a modeler not from any game .. Then imported by Edt ..
the robot however i personally found his uv maps a mess some are flipped, and stretched or too small.
Maybe then this is my bad export ?I must confirm this.
Last edited by ltemplar (13/9/12 7:53)
Mm for the typhoon the textures are fitted to the uv maps .. So u don't need to change them .. Whether they're messed up or not as long as the textures fit them, why bother ? Or else u'll have to change the textures too ..
did u convert the oncc or the trbs to dae ?
If u want to improve the textures change each txmp to tga individually and edit them
Last edited by Samer (13/9/12 8:10)
"If u want to improve the textures change each txmp to tga individually and edit them"
But guide lines from UVW map will be more helpful.
Oh man so flat textures....but I understand that you want the overall texture details stay as there are and want me to add only shades to them,or make complete new one?
Last edited by ltemplar (13/9/12 8:46)
Ok when u load the dae and select the object and import the clip .. And see the uv maps don't they match the textures ?
For the robot make new ones .. I started with them but they're not good.
And then if u're in the mood to improve the typhoon textures improve them as u see fit, simple shades might be enough .. but don't spend too much time on him .. u don't have to make new ones for him ..
The new trooper and Robot and hammer have more priority
and thank you
Last edited by Samer (13/9/12 9:53)
Ok I agree they match.
But when i look into model itself...
-Head to small.
-His neck to big for this head(almost allays going trough it).
-Shoulders are so blocky...
-Foot look terrible, (about the hands i will not even speak)
-Details in the parts where are almost invisible.
In one word. lots of improvement should be done for this character.Not only textures.In my opinion.
Buts your call.
Improve it as much as u feel like it .. I just didn't want to trouble u with it .. But keep it for later .. Finish the robot textures, hammer body and new trooper first then come back to it. Since they have nothing but at least the typhoon has a body whether it's good or not .. Trooper and hammer have nothing yet
I started working on hammer body(It's almost finish(model)- still need to create the helmet..(3 variants)
Samer .. thous big wrist things, are may interpretation of the Hammer "hammers".
Take a look, and then decide(btw I don't even reached 2000 tris yet-1900 for now)
Possible attack.. energy discharged.. then smash wit one of this thing on the ground. This will create the blast..of pure energy., that will pull off everybody around.(higher version of this attack can even create small earthquake)
Last edited by ltemplar (13/9/12 13:29)
mm interesting, similar to the typhoon outfit in some aspects .. but i think he's too thin, the calfs and thighs and mid in particular are too thin, and the chest as well .. the concept of the hammer is he's a heavy slow but powerful attacker .. that armor seems more suitable for an agile quick character which could be the typhoon .. think barabas like
the armor u drew here suited him more : ..
can u make him bulkier\ heavier ? like the elite ? maybe scale up the chest and mid and pelvis and thighs to become wider .. and heavier calfs and feet (the calfs should be wider than the thighs) .. the wrist things could work but as i said make the biceps and writs also wider and heavier ..
and of course thank u for the effort u're putting into this, I appreciate it.
Last edited by Samer (13/9/12 14:59)
Typhoon is fast attack cyborg?
Wow.. he doesn't even look like one...
Heh when you send me tee typhoon.. I was thinking that you want something similar..for hammer... but making him bulkier is not a problem.
Update on Hmmer
More bulkier, heavy appearance.. i also modeled head witch could be used to improve typhoon to. Still try to get helmet looking right
"thanks .. but also keep the thin outfit it may be useful later for shocker or jubei .."
Now he tell me...
Last edited by ltemplar (13/9/12 16:25)
To be honest :$ i don't see much difference.. what changed exactly ? Only the mid looks slightly bigger, the calfs thighs and biceps and wrists are still too thin for him for the heavy character he's meant to be .. His armor is supposed to be very thick making him immune to bullets, and too heavy to be thrown or knocked down .. If u don't feel u could make it heavier, keep it and i'll try to tune and scale it later.
i was hoping for an armor like this for him :
http://api.ning.com/files/LQlughJPdFnJV … /index.jpg notice the calf thickness (more than the thigh) and the wrist and shoulders .
disregard the face
Last edited by Samer (13/9/12 16:50)
Hmmm.. If i make the calf and tights more bigger.. he will become disproportional. If thats your aim then fine .. i can make it like this..But what about animations...and fitting him to any existing skeleton..then?
Last edited by ltemplar (13/9/12 16:54)
Not disproprtional, but look at barabas and the image i posted, seems like all the parts need to be stretched wider and thicker.
The elite or barabas or swat can be used for the skeleton.
Or also look at the golden tctf, see how the calfs and thighs and wrists look more armored and heavier ? They're barabas's ..if u want to make it easier for u, import barabas's model and compare the proportions to him, make his proportions like barabas.
Last edited by Samer (13/9/12 16:57)
Something like that,or heavier?
Last edited by ltemplar (13/9/12 17:02)
But you should wrote earlier, that you want him in exo-skeleton(not armor)
Last edited by ltemplar (13/9/12 17:13)
Ok final(i hope so) update on Hammer.
Tell me what you think
quite nice ! it's turning out great I like the first model the most ^_^
if u can make the horn a bit longer and put some spikes on the shoulder. but it looks very good now
off topic question : can u convert a max file to dae ? xsi doesn't convert it .. do u have a program that does ?
Last edited by Samer (14/9/12 6:37)