You are not logged in.

#1 07/15/12 15:07

s10k
Website

Vago GUI

Edit:
Latest version (1.3) download:

Windows:
http://mods.oni2.net/node/247 or via AEI2 tools browser.

Intel Mac OS X x64:
http://mods.oni2.net/node/277 or via AEI2 tools browser.

----------------------------------
Change Log:
1.3, 09-12-2016
- Changed Sound Wizard default settings to create files that are playable as music ingame
- Now wizards have no longer modal windows. You can minimize and open multiple at the same time
- Added some tooltips to XmlTools interface
- Added wizard to create ingame pages like weapon / item pages or text for consoles
- Added drag and drop support to Extract TRAM with TRBS/ONCC
- Changed the layout of about dialog

Vagocontextmenu.png

-----------------

[The post below is meant only for archive]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, how I've written I would begin working in a successor to Oni Split GUI since it development was stopped.

The application that I'm working on is made in c++/qt and should be able to handle the new OniSplit functions.

I've already made an alpha which I will left here so you can give some feedback. As alpha it contains bugs and some functions are not working (e.g. AE packages). Please report any bugs and suggestions.

Here's a screenshot:

qttemphp3188.png

Download alpha version:
(deleted download at first line)

It have drag 'n drop support.

Converted files go by default to vago workspace folder, in case you are looking. Tested in Windows 2000 with success.

btw since this is using qt library a port for linux or mac should be kinda easy, this if needed. I'll release the source once I get this stable.target directory

Last edited by s10k (12/09/16 16:12)

#2 07/15/12 15:07

EdT
Website

Re: Vago GUI

Looks good, though, anytime I tried to convert a file I get this message:
Vagoerror.jpg

Using Windows XP

#3 07/15/12 15:07

s10k
Website

Hi, EdT thanks for testing can you post the content of your logVago.txt file? (after the error)

Edit\

Found the error, windows have trouble with directories with spaces in the name. I need to add " " to the directories when calling oni split. Try for example in c:\ and should work fine, I will fix it asap.

Last edited by s10k (07/15/12 16:07)

#4 07/15/12 17:07

EdT
Website

Yup, that's where it was Program Files\Oni

#5 07/15/12 18:07

s10k
Website

Hi, I've uploaded a new version which should fix the spaces error. You should now be able to convert files from anywhere. wink

#6 07/15/12 21:07

EdT
Website

Working well.  BTW, for the command to extract AKEV to dae add a search to the end of the code:
-extract:dae  <target directory> <source>  -search ../GameDataFolder/level0_Final

At times a texture is missing from the level's folder, so this command will get the texture from the level0_Final folder.

Regarding textures in the Mac version, jpgs can be converted to .oni files.  It may also be possible in Windows.

There is also a command to extract an ONCC with another character's TRAM
-extract:xml  <target directory> -anim-body: ONCCsource  TRAMsource

For example, I could extract Motoko's ONCC with Muro's TRAM, then I can modify the TRAM in ModTools

#7 07/16/12 04:07

s10k
Website

Ok, I will add this as well for sure.

#8 07/19/12 15:07

s10k
Website

Hey guys,

New version (link at first post):

------------------------
Change Log:
------------------------
0.2, 19-07-2012
-It now checks for OniSplit at each run and exits if it's not found
-Option to check onisplit version from gui
-Optimized the code and made it more modular
-Added -search ../GameDataFolder/level0_Final to AKEV (ONI) > DAE
-Added JPG support for textures
-Added -extract:xml  <target directory> -anim-body: ONCCsource  TRAMsource
(extract an ONCC with another character's TRAM)
-Fixed a bug in ONI->DAT conversion (command bad built)
-Added folder drag n' drop and checks if the current operation only work
with files or folders
-Added items loaded at status bar

Should be more stable and ready for use.
@EdT I've include all your suggestions from above (jpg also worked in windows!).
There's yet a lot to do although.

#9 07/22/12 13:07

s10k
Website

------------------------
Change Log:
------------------------
0.3, 22-07-2012
-Implemented Packages tab functionality
-Implemented check for Vago updates functionality
-Fixed a bug in "extract an ONCC with another character's TRAM"
(command bad built)
-Fixed an index out range bug when multiple selections in tables (when removing)

Last edited by s10k (07/22/12 13:07)

#10 07/23/12 17:07

demos_kratos

Story seems to be repeating itself. When I first released that abomination of a GUI, Gumby said that I stole his idea and a language he was going to implement his idea in. When I deserted the AU3 GUI I thought that maybe I should try to rewrite it in a decent language, like C++. And the choice was pretty obvious - Qt. And here you are.
I have few tabs working aaand that's all. I couldn't figure out how to make things Drag'n'Droppable and I couldn't make a self-sufficient win32 binary so no-one would have to install Qt Framework beforehand. The point I'm trying to make is: if you shall by any chance need any help or advice or even company feel free to get me out of sea of boringness via Skype (demos_kratos1, online:24/7, available:not so much). I'll be happy to help.

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#11 07/23/12 18:07

s10k
Website

Hey demos,

I'm sorry to hear that, I really thought that you had stopped developed the gui, since paradox mentioned it in OniSplitGui thread:
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 793#p35793

I've also asked there if you had really stopped it and I got a positive response:
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 647#p40647

I tought from here you had really stopped it since you never posted in the topic again for like one year.

However I couldn't work at it at that time so I mentioned if someone would begin to work in this, should be ok just notice me in the topic:
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 649#p40649

I notice now that I didn't make the best choice since I should talked with you directly. That way this could be avoided. Lesson learned I will make sure this never happen again.

I would love to add you, but right now I'm using only yahoo since seems that's the more popular im here. I may email you or if you decide create a yahoo account too I will add it.

Thanks for your support and sorry again for this misunderstanding.

Last edited by s10k (07/23/12 18:07)

#12 07/24/12 01:07

demos_kratos

It seems I didn't express myself quite right. I mean feel free to make the Vago GUI a better GUI. I simply offered my help. It's not like Qt GUI had any progress in like 7 or 8 months.

P. S. I do in fact have a YIM account. demos.kratos@ymail.com

Last edited by demos_kratos (07/24/12 01:07)

Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?

#13 07/24/12 04:07

s10k
Website

Ok, I'm giving my best. And of course I accept your help, I've added you at yahoo.

#14 07/25/12 05:07

s10k
Website

------------------------
Change Log:
------------------------
0.4, 25-07-2012
-Fixed a typo in Packages creating making scripts installation fail
-Added option to create AKEV from env.dae and bnv.dae, plus others resources
plus the ability to generate the path finding grids for AKEVs automatically
-Added manual oni split commands input

#15 07/26/12 13:07

s10k
Website

------------------------
Change Log:
------------------------
0.5, 26-07-2012
-Now every result of a conversion or package is separated in folders
in the workspace by default. This can be disabled in preferences
-Added an icon
-Changed About dialog
-It now checks if every entry of ini exists at the begin
-Added option to clear everything in packages
-Added option to change output folder at anytime, this allows for example
output a level directly to it's correct folder for easy testing. It is
also simple to change between the workspace and another output folder
-Fixed bug when selecting multiple dirs and the user cancelled which
still resulted in returning the files selected

#16 07/28/12 08:07

s10k
Website

Added a new fixed version:

------------------------
Change Log:
------------------------
0.5b, 28-07-2012
-Fixed another small typo in the from/to description
------------------------
0.5a, 28-07-2012
-Fixed two typos. EnvMap at Textures and at Texture Models were asking
for a .oni absolute file when it only needs the filename without the .oni
extension

Last edited by s10k (07/28/12 12:07)

#17 08/03/12 08:08

Iritscen

Script, did you mean to keep all the old versions of the GUI up on the Depot, or can I remove the ones before 0.5b?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#18 08/04/12 04:08

s10k
Website

I don't see any problem removing old versions. wink

#19 08/16/12 22:08

Samer
Website

I must admit I was hesitant to use this as I'm used to demos's Gui, but this is pretty good .. smile
but as a modder I do have some suggestions .. exporting to a workspace folder is a good idea, but I'd still like to have an option to export at will to different locations for different conversions (right now u can set a default folder to all conversions) for example while editing textures i'm used to having the textures in 1 folder and exporting them directly to say the textures folder inside a certain package, while exporting animations to different folder .. in demos's u can drag and drop or paste the location of the export folder, I hope u add that functionality as I really depend on it a lot, makes working faster. 

and is it able to convert sounds to oni ? i didn't find that option.

I really like how u can launch Oni and AE installer form it btw smile and love the icon, and great idea of checking the available package number ! very good work.

a little grammar mistake :$ everything went well* not good :$

Last edited by Samer (08/16/12 23:08)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#20 08/16/12 23:08

Gumby

demos_kratos wrote:

When I first released that abomination of a GUI, Gumby said that I stole his idea and a language he was going to implement his idea in.

Untrue.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#21 08/17/12 04:08

s10k
Website

Thanks Samer. smile

Samer wrote:

exporting to a workspace folder is a good idea, but I'd still like to have an option to export at will to different locations for different conversions (right now u can set a default folder to all conversions) for example while editing textures i'm used to having the textures in 1 folder and exporting them directly to say the textures folder inside a certain package, while exporting animations to different folder .. in demos's u can drag and drop or paste the location of the export folder, I hope u add that functionality as I really depend on it a lot, makes working faster.

You can do that already I believe, I also use it. Go to Options->Output directly to: -> Other... -> choose the desired folder.
Once you drag 'n drop something it will have as destination the new folder and not the workspace, even if you change the folder once again, but you didn't removed the previous item/command you can have multiple items outputting for different locations.

and is it able to convert sounds to oni ? i didn't find that option.

Wav -> Oni for example? Sorry that isn't included yet. I know about it a bit late, but it's pretty easy to add new commands so I will include it in the new version which I'm working. (plus I would love to include a function like paradox did here for sound for levels:
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn20 … istant.png

*DAT/ONI -> Wav is already included at Misc tab.

a little grammar mistake :$ everything went well* not good :$

I appreciate any report of language errors! My English is far away from perfect so feel free to report them, or otherwise they will remain there forever. I will make sure it's fixed in next release too. smile

#22 08/17/12 06:08

Samer
Website

Script_10k wrote:

You can do that already I believe, I also use it. Go to Options->Output directly to: -> Other... -> choose the desired folder.
Once you drag 'n drop something it will have as destination the new folder and not the workspace, even if you change the folder once again, but you didn't removed the previous item/command you can have multiple items outputting for different locations.

Yes I noticed that, but here's what i mean exactly : using demos's gui
Let's say I'm working on TGA files in photoshop want to convert them to TXMP and put them in level0_Textures in casey package and at same time working on xml and want to convert it to oni and put it in Folder level0_Characters in Hayate package ..

when i set the output folder as level0_Textures casey it will become default for all outputs ..  then when i edit the xml i'll have to set the output to level0_characters hayate .. say i want to continue converting the textures, I'll then again have to set the output folder to textures instead of characters .. which is time consuming to continuously change the output folder ...

While in demos's u can have different output folders for each tab
SNAG-0194.jpg
SNAG-0193.jpg
notice that the textures tab has a different output than the xml .. so at the same time i can just switch the tab and it will convert the textures to the level0_textures and the oni to xml in another folder, without having to reset the output folder each time i switch ...

you can also drag and drop the "folder" into the output field, or paste the address or browse, in urs u can only browse .. that's what i think your gui needs to be 100% complete, a field for output folder for each tab that remains once u switch to a different tab, and is shown : show the address u're exporting to, like in the screenshot i put (the highlighted blue ) so u don't forget to which folder u're exporting.

Hope i was able to explain what i meant.

Last edited by Samer (08/17/12 06:08)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#23 08/17/12 08:08

s10k
Website

Let's see if I understand your example. You want do this:

1) TGA > TXMP (casey,level0_Textures)

2) XML > ONI (hayate,level0_Characters)

3) TGA > TXMP (casey,level0_Textures)

Where 1) and 2) have different folders. And 1) and 3) is the same folder.

You don't need to continuous change the output folder. Just change the first time (1) to (casey,level0_Textures), then drag n' drop your TGA files in Vago, so all this files will be set to output for (casey,level0_Textures).

For the second time (2) change again the output folder for (hayate,level0_Characters), then drag n' drop all your xml files in Vago, so all this files get exported to (hayate,level0_Characters).

The (3) time you don't need to do anything. Just go to textures tab and click convert they will be outputted again for (casey,level0_Textures).

When you do the second action (2) the TGA files in the first action (1) will still be outputted to (casey,level0_Textures), even after you changed the output folder. The thing here is, only the files added after the output folder change will be outputting for the new output folder, the files added before the change will still be outputting for the old folder. This never changes.

----

Seems you are using Windows 7/Vista, in Windows XP seems this trick doesn't work, but for the first instead of browser the entire folders you can just past the output folder in the explorer bar (much faster):
semttulogjx.th.jpg
In the highlight blue you can just past the folder output and hit enter.

For check where each file is outputting you can click in the command of the file (click ctrl+c) and past it anywhere, you will see the full command and where it's outputting. If you have high resolution you can all expand the window to see the full command. This is not very user friendly I know, I will probably just add the folder where it's outputting was a tool-tip. (when you pass the mouse hover)

For check the current folder where all the new files will be outputting you can put the mouse hover the workspace folder button.

Last edited by s10k (08/17/12 08:08)

#24 08/19/12 12:08

demos_kratos

I wonder if there is going to be source code available any time soon. I just want to try and make this thing run on Mac since my PC is far far away right now.

Gumby wrote:
demos_kratos wrote:

When I first released that abomination of a GUI, Gumby said that I stole his idea and a language he was going to implement his idea in.

Untrue.

Not completely.
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 9326#p9326

Last edited by demos_kratos (08/19/12 12:08)

#25 08/19/12 14:08

s10k
Website

I will release the source in the next version I'm working on.

Board footer