Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 06/03/12 16:06

lemoncookies

Oni questions

Hey, I was wondering about these questions and I'd be happy if anyone could answer them for me smile

1. Who was flying the heli at the beginning of Chapter 14?
2. Why was Muro shocked that Shinatama could feel pain when the Tankers feel pain too?
3. Why did they program Shinatama to go against orders?

#2 06/03/12 16:06

Valkyrur

Re: Oni questions

1. Huh?

2. Tankers are supposed to be wrestling simulators

3. They didn't.

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#3 06/03/12 17:06

Malsah

1. Stephen Hawking. Obviously...
2. Because the didn't need to program pain.  It was nothing but a disadvantage, so why would they?
3. yeah, they didn't.

#4 06/03/12 17:06

lemoncookies

The first question was about the helicopter Konoko jumps out of in the last level and in the 13th level Shinatama approaches Griffin even though he ordered her not to. Shinatama also told Konoko info that she wasn't supposed to tell her (Chapter 1 & 8)

#5 06/03/12 20:06

Iritscen

lemoncookies wrote:

Hey, I was wondering about these questions and I'd be happy if anyone could answer them for me smile

Oh hey, welcome.  Boy, we don't get that many questions about story from new members these days.  Let's see...

1. Who was flying the heli at the beginning of Chapter 14?

As Oni's animator Steve Abeyta says here, it was a plane, and presumably Konoko was flying it herself, until she jumped out of the thing.  Yeah, hopefully the original owner had insurance....

2. Why was Muro shocked that Shinatama could feel pain when the Tankers feel pain too?

Actually, Tankers don't feel pain, they have simulated responses to pain to make the fight more entertaining.  That's because they started out as pro wrestler bots (source: lead designer Hardy LeBel).

3. Why did they program Shinatama to go against orders?

I suggest you read these two consoles.  Shinatama's closeness to Konoko over the course of a dozen years or more, perhaps a somewhat unprecedented situation for an SLD, seems to have given her a measure of free will.  At the end of the Omega Vault fight, Konoko's "conflicting input" to the slaver nodes controlling the SLD allows Shinatama to break free and advance on Griffin.  But even before that, she was falsifying data about Konoko to protect her from Griffin, so clearly this ability to resist following orders developed over a long period of time.  Perhaps the TCTF should have had someone watching the watcher....

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 06/05/12 18:06

lemoncookies

Awww I appreciate the welcoming ^_^

As Oni's animator Steve Abeyta says it was a plane, and presumably Konoko was flying it herself, until she jumped out of the thing.  Yeah, hopefully the original owner had insurance....?

Thank you so much. I always thought it was the TCTF and wondered why they didn't send help then and there instead of waiting until the last battle.

I suggest you read consoles.  Shinatama's closeness to Konoko over the course of a dozen years or more, perhaps a somewhat unprecedented situation for an SLD, seems to have given her a measure of free will.  At the end of the Omega Vault fight, Konoko's "conflicting input" to the slaver nodes controlling the SLD allows Shinatama to break free and advance on Griffin.  But even before that, she was falsifying data about Konoko to protect her from Griffin, so clearly this ability to resist following orders developed over a long period of time.  Perhaps the TCTF should have had someone watching the watcher

Yeah, it just doesn't make sense to me how they would create a disadvantage to themselves. I think it's common sense that Shinatama would probably be more on Konoko's side than Griffin's.

#7 06/06/12 08:06

Iritscen

Hmm, it's strange that your quote of my post left out the parts that had embedded links.  As long as you saw the links when you read my post, it's not important, just a little weird.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer