Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 01/25/12 10:01

Lukas Kreator

Re: Parkour Challenge 2

Let me see if I understand: you want to have a parkour challenge for each level, right?
So I should make something similar to these levels, but for parkour?

#27 01/25/12 11:01

EdT
Website

Yes, if you noticed in the parkour level, I have areas that represent a level in Oni, Warehouse with crates and thugs, a few squares for Manplant (receptionist and chair), Lab with Barabas, Airport with the benches and so on.

So for the missing levels an area in the parkour level that represents it.  It could be something as simple as using the textures from that level or an element from the level, like the ramps from TCTF.  The area would be designed for parkour fun smile

I really hope you can help.

#28 01/25/12 12:01

Samer
Website

sure Edt I can work on the sounds big_smile i'm also working on another character right now.
regarding the IDs vulnerabilty, is there a way using the particles in the ONCC to make it for example only vulnerable from the back, or only on that red circle eye thingy big_smile .. I know there was some mod that discussed having more damage when a hit connects with the head, cant we make it such that all the other body parts except the head receive no damage, so by the time u aim at the head or the back let's say, it has time to back up and shoot u. Or is there a way to give it an invisible boss shield, that only covers part of it. ... I also think it needs another vulnerabilty for example every few minutes it stops shooting and recharges or something or shoots barabas grenades which are easier to dodge.

Last edited by Samer (01/25/12 12:01)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#29 01/25/12 12:01

Lukas Kreator

Hmm, I can try, but I don't know how to import models from Oni, so I'll be very limited.

#30 01/25/12 13:01

EdT
Website

Samer: I don't know...  lol  Well, besides the sound if you can find a way to improve the ID, please do so.

Lukas: I made the entire level in Sketchup, the ramps, buildings, ground and so on.  I imported textures from Oni into Sketchup and applied them to the Sketchup models.

What I was hoping you can do is make some structure/area in Sketchup that I can add to the Parkour level.

There is no need to import models from Oni and you don't have worry about using Oni textures, just use the standard Sketchup ones, I can replace them with Oni textures.

I can add the objects from Oni (crates, chairs, etc) to your area afterwards.

#31 01/25/12 13:01

Lukas Kreator

Sorry, I meant 'objects' when I said 'models'.

I'll choose one of those levels, play it some times until I can find a cool concept to use, and then I'll make the 'level part' and upload it.
Hope you don't mind if I use real-world measures...

EDIT: EdT, would you be able to make lightning fall from the ceilling like in ACC Interior?

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (01/25/12 13:01)

#32 01/25/12 14:01

EdT
Website

Lukas:  Yes, use real-world measurements for your design.
If I can identify the particle, I can place it in the level, just like the power tube particles.

Looking forward to your help.

#33 01/25/12 16:01

kyletm57

Tried this out, was a blast. I kept failing to get on top of the first box though sad

banner2440.jpg

#34 01/28/12 03:01

Samer
Website

Edt the level is beautiful, I love how u put elements from all levels into it, and it's lots of fun, it brought back the excitement of Oni ... but this is too hard EdT :\ !

the phase rifle is even more difficult then the mercury bow, once he aims at u he will keep shooting and shooting even when u're just activating the console, I found it impossible to activate the console of the electric beam without cheating , and the iron demon is great but it doesn't really fit in a Parkour level, it showered me with bullets before I reached the final platform.

In ur next update I'd suggest removing the sniper or changing the weapon to something slow and avoidable, the scram canon, the phase stream projector, the screaming canon even or removing the snipers all together.
and maybe add some platform that makes the confrontation with the iron demon optional, or give konoko a force field before she drops to face it. while i was trying to hide form the iron demon bullets behind the footballs, the sniper was shooting me from the back, and the iron demon from the front ... at least with the mercury bow there was some pause between shots. sad

I think the iron demon should get his own level, Coyote's suggestion sounds awesome, an area with a lot of pillars and the iron demon following u, and u have a plasma rifle to shoot it.  Add unlimited spawnable droids that attack u to the mix, to put some melee into it, and make the droids drop energy cells. That would be epic !

#35 01/28/12 03:01

TheCreature

Well, as to this level, it wouldn't be too hard to fix the Sniper problem.  Just limit the amount of ammo he has.  If he's only got 1 or 2 clips, you'll be able to ignore him after a little while.

As for the Iron Demon...  I just hid behind a football and then just kinda 'kicked' the ball around as I hid behind it.  Pretty simple to keep it between you and the demon.  Doing it in a timely fashion, however, is a little harder.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#36 01/28/12 07:01

s10k
Website

I would remove all characters from this parkour levels. I think its better without them, since them also add some randomness to the levels, which is not good for who is playing competitively.

#37 01/28/12 18:01

tokenoftime92
Website

Script_10k wrote:

I would remove all characters from this parkour levels. I think its better without them, since them also add some randomness to the levels, which is not good for who is playing competitively.

Agreed on the competitive playing experience.

Oni Flatline is the sh@t.

#38 01/28/12 18:01

Samer
Website

EdT wrote:

Maybe I should edit the bsl so that the first run has no AI, then once you complete the course savepoint 1 adds the AI; savepoint 2 first person view, no AI; savepoint 3 FP and AI...

this is the best idea

#39 01/29/12 05:01

Gumby

I might be able to do some scripting. Along with touching up the ID. Might have to do a bit of particle work. big_smile I have some ideas on how to make the iron demon fight properly work, though they might not fit well in a parkour level.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#40 01/29/12 05:01

Samer
Website

Edt these are the ID sounds and the oncc http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22609960/Iron%2 … %20EdT.zip

#41 01/29/12 10:01

Lukas Kreator

EdT: I made something for ACC Interior but it looks quite crappy tongue, would you need it now or can I try another idea?
Also, I might start making scripts for SketchUp to make our work easier...

#42 01/29/12 11:01

EdT
Website

TheCreature:  Your technique in fighting the Iron Demon was the reason I added the soccerballs smile  Something to push around and hide behind.

Gumby: I would appreciate your help with the Iron Demon.  Once it can fight properly, I can release it as a separate package.  In the meantime, the parkour level can be the testing grounds.

Samer: Thank you for the sounds.  I modified the bsl so savepoint 0 has no enemies and savepoint 1 has the enemies.  I'll probably drop the first person view, since no one is interested in it.  Will release the bsl after I make a few more tweaks to it.

Lukas: Take your time on the areas.   What plans do you have for the script?

#43 01/29/12 11:01

Lukas Kreator

Well, I can automate about any task, so I was thinking on maybe subdividing large polygons or un-merging stuff...

#44 01/29/12 11:01

Delano762
Website

EdT wrote:

I'll probably drop the first person view, since no one is interested in it.

I am interested in it.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#45 01/29/12 11:01

Yoriko

Delano762 wrote:
EdT wrote:

I'll probably drop the first person view, since no one is interested in it.

I am interested in it.

Me 2

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#46 01/29/12 12:01

EdT
Website

Delano and Yoriko:  Have you tried playing the parkour level in first person view?  Currently it uses savepoint 1.

#47 02/03/12 10:02

EdT
Website

Updated BSL: http://edt.oni2.net/files/parkour.bsl  Feb 3 2012
Changes:
Timer starts automatically, currently, both timer up and down are on display.
Savepoint 0 No enemies
Savepoint 1 enemies
1st person mode removed.

#48 02/05/12 19:02

Tracker

@EdT
I played your Parkour Challenge 2 (no enemies) in 78 sec and uploaded it to YouTube:
url=http://youtu.be/3Tezpmk1PuM
Poor Mai died about a few thousand times because of my bad gameplay.^^
This time the timer works perfectly (in the last version it appeared only from time to time).
Many thanks for this fantastic mod! smile

Best regards
Tracker

ONI is the best game in the universe!

#49 02/06/12 22:02

EdT
Website

Tracker: Congratulations!  You officially have the fastest time for the no enemies challenge.

#50 02/11/12 19:02

NMS
Website

Very cool map. I'm a little sad that you nerfed the Iron Demon though. I got 99 seconds on the old version after I commented out the sniper rifle. So I reenabled it.

I noticed that you didn't change all the methods of dying when you switched to restarting the level, so I cleaned it up for you. Now it restarts (and the timer works correctly) if you die to falling, damage, acid, or the timer running out. I also prettied it up a bit with fade out and cm_detach where appropriate.

http://www.filedropper.com/parkour_1

Board footer