Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#201 02/19/12 18:02

Striker

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

I apologize for not being able to post recently; I have caught the cold/flu. I will come back with a post once I am feeling better. For now I would like to ask that the TCTF Science Prison raid be postponed until I come back. Thank you.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#202 02/19/12 23:02

Mukade

I was visiting family elsewhere so I wasn't able to come on and post. I'll write a brief post now to synch my time up with everyone elses. We should wait until everyone is on track in the same time, and maybe even do some sort of summary of the story, and what each character's goal/current situation is at that point, so everyone is clear. Things are starting to get a bit tangled tongue

Hehehe, nice spin Kyl. I hadn't thought my stabbing a TCTF officer would have that additional effect, very perceptive of you.

Also, I'd urge people to keep in mind that this IS happening over a very small period of time. So some things to keep in mind are hypos for instance. You can only have so many before you OD on them, and I know that with all this writing it seems like it's spaced out, but really, it isn't that much. I'd say starting at midnight of the next night, we should implement a limit on hypos you can use in one day, and every hypo after that should cost 1 AP point. For instance, limit of 6 hypos per day, and any hypos you use after that take 1 AP each for physical toll. Also, just stuff like physical activity, for instance my guy as walked across half the city, woke up relatively early and had one very small and uncomfortable nap. While you should need to post your physical condition at the top of your post, you should always keep it in mind when fighting and travelling and such.

Last edited by Mukade (02/19/12 23:02)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#203 02/19/12 23:02

Valkyrur

Mukade wrote:

I was visiting family elsewhere so I wasn't able to come on and post. I'll write a brief post now to synch my time up with everyone elses. We should wait until everyone is on track in the same time, and maybe even do some sort of summary of the story, and what each character's goal/current situation is at that point, so everyone is clear. Things are starting to get a bit tangled tongue

Hehehe, nice spin Kyl. I hadn't thought my stabbing a TCTF officer would have that additional effect, very perceptive of you.

Also, I'd urge people to keep in mind that this IS happening over a very small period of time. So some things to keep in mind are hypos for instance. You can only have so many before you OD on them, and I know that with all this writing it seems like it's spaced out, but really, it isn't that much. I'd say starting at midnight of the next night, we should implement a limit on hypos you can use in one day, and every hypo after that should cost 1 AP point. For instance, limit of 6 hypos per day, and any hypos you use after that take 1 AP each for physical toll. Also, just stuff like physical activity, for instance my guy as walked across half the city, woke up relatively early and had one very small and uncomfortable nap. While you should need to post your physical condition at the top of your post, you should always keep it in mind when fighting and travelling and such.

Jan DID OD on Hypos today, just so you know.

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#204 02/20/12 00:02

Mukade

Yes, I do remember you saying something about that big_smile I forgot to mention that. I'm just making sure everyone knows that, and suggesting a system to keep that in check.

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#205 02/20/12 00:02

TheCreature

I like that idea.  I think a limit of 7 hypos a day, and then the OD does -1AP each is good number-wise.

And yeah, I'll try to summarize what's happened in the gap.

To Striker:  I'd like to run the Science Prison bit, actually.  I'd like to step back into the GMing role.

Last edited by TheCreature (02/20/12 00:02)

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#206 02/20/12 15:02

Mukade

i don't just mean summarize the gap, the overall story thus far.

#207 02/20/12 15:02

TheCreature

Okie-Dokie.  I'll get on that... Right after I take over the world.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#208 02/20/12 21:02

kyletm57

So should we all refrain from posting until The Creature is done?

banner2440.jpg

#209 02/20/12 21:02

Valkyrur

kyletm57 wrote:

So should we all refrain from posting until The Creature is done?

I dunno

But Jin needs to finish that smoke before he suffocates from oxygen deprivation.

#210 02/20/12 22:02

Mukade

I don't think so, but it would be nice to have a summary in the near future just to keep things straight. Also, for any new members that want to join, so they don't have to browse through 5+ pages of posts just to get caught up. 3 was bad enough tongue

#211 02/20/12 22:02

Valkyrur

Mukade wrote:

I don't think so, but it would be nice to have a summary in the near future just to keep things straight. Also, for any new members that want to join, so they don't have to browse through 5+ pages of posts just to get caught up. 3 was bad enough tongue

I don't know, the 5+ pages that have to be read through serve as a great idiot deterrent.

#212 02/20/12 23:02

Mukade

True enough. But we don't have that many ppl to begin with, and beggars can't be choosers smile

#213 02/21/12 14:02

Mukade

Just a couple clarifications on the summary, my character's goal isn't necessarily to kill Jan, but retrieve the information he's carrying. Obviously, it's implied that he will most likely not give it up willingly, and I will take it from his cold, dead corpse, but that's not my ultimate goal :3

Also, what do you mean when you say Micah is my "Private name" ?

#214 02/21/12 16:02

TheCreature

Edited.  And I fixed the private name thing.

So then, everything's set up:  Let's do this thing.

For Certified:  As GMing will be my main concern during the Science Prison raid, I won't be able to play my character.  Please feel free to RP for Malcolm.  Just remember to have him swear in Mandarin Chinese occasionally.

#215 02/21/12 19:02

Striker

To TheCreature:I have fixed some incorrect parts and added a bit more detail (links to characters for new players) to the story so far. Please edit and insert this into the appropriate post.

A midnight syndicate raid on a medical supply warehouse went bad, leaving all the syndicate troopers dead or captured except for one striker named Jeff, who managed to escape. Jeff then went inside the now abandoned Musashi Manufacturing Concern, hiding out until he could be rescued by his fellow Syndicate supporters. He was then taken back to their hidden base (the Syndicate headquarters), where he was debriefed and told to rest before being sent out on another mission.

Meanwhile, Jin, a young TCTF investigator, Jan, a mercenary sniper (former TCTF officer), and a TCTF Black Ops agent named Vince (who encountered and had his knee broken Jeff as Jeff was fleeing the warehouse) were called in for a meeting with the TCTF's commander (Mai Hasegawa). Once there, they were informed of a series of highly dangerous secret experiments performed by the Syndicate leaders, and are sent to investigate as a team. They found strong leads, but were opposed by the Syndicate forces at every turn. Soon separated, Jin and Vince were called back to TCTF headquarters to be reassigned. Jan (wounded and carrying vital stolen data), however, got stranded in Syndicate territory, where he faced Lucifer, the leader of the Syndicate brute forces. Desperate, Jan sought out the help of Malcolm, a Chrysalis Dealer. In exchange for providing high-quality chrysalis, Jan was implanted with a chrysalis, which saved his life, and allowed him to gain superhuman powers. He has also called together his old gang, preparing for a raid on the TCTF Science Prison, to rescue his lover and fellow Daodan host.

However, there is also an assassin on his trail, determined to steal the secret information from Jan. The assassin, who goes by the name of Micah, has obtained the plans for Jan's attack on the Science Prison, and lies in wait for the raid, so he can intercept Jan. The Syndicate are also planning to gain entrance to the facility, but for an unrelated reason.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#216 02/21/12 23:02

Valkyrur

Weapons list updated to include the LIAR, as a faction neutral weapon.

#217 02/22/12 14:02

Mukade

Certified wrote:

"Whoa-Whoa, whoa, your crazy man! Biomatter acid is a wall of death! We'll never make it through!"

"Most of the time you are right, but every so often they need to flush the whole damn thing out due to the acid weakening and then replace it. Midnight today is that time. It's simple, we camp out in the sewers an hour before, and after they get flushed we walk in casually through the now-open backdoor and climb our way up to the normal catwalks. From there we either gun down security or sneak our way in. I prefer the latter."

That being said, why is the acid being drained at 7:00 PM? I thought Micah would have more time to sleep wink

#218 02/22/12 15:02

TheCreature

IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!  I think...

Jan said that the two figures started cleaning the vats, in reaction to me posting about mist.  I was just posting that there was purple mist rising as the temp cools.

#219 02/22/12 16:02

kyletm57

Question: I know how our characters aren't supposed to have any secret powers or anything, but would the effects of Chrysalis be included in this? I've written a post explaining a unique and rather destructive effect the chrysalis takes on Jin, but i wanted to make sure it was ok before i post. It won't affect his actual abilities, but instead will give him a 'double personality', his Chrysalis induced personality being much different in both his moral standing and in his actions.

banner2440.jpg

#220 02/22/12 17:02

Valkyrur

kyletm57 wrote:

Question: I know how our characters aren't supposed to have any secret powers or anything, but would the effects of Chrysalis be included in this? I've written a post explaining a unique and rather destructive effect the chrysalis takes on Jin, but i wanted to make sure it was ok before i post. It won't affect his actual abilities, but instead will give him a 'double personality', his Chrysalis induced personality being much different in both his moral standing and in his actions.

Wait, since when did Jin have Chrysalis?

#221 02/22/12 17:02

kyletm57

Well i never explained it, but i thought people would assume he did (note that he never wears a gas mask, EX: when he smokes he simply steps outside and does so)

banner2440.jpg

#222 02/22/12 17:02

Valkyrur

Yeah, whatever, just post it, if somethings wrong with it then Striker will ask you to retcon sometime later.

EDIT

Jan Walker: Troll Extraordinaire

Last edited by Valkyrur (02/22/12 17:02)

#223 02/22/12 18:02

Striker

kyletm57 wrote:

Chrysalis cannot change the symbiote's personality, even the Imago stage is the person's true nature. Personality disorders cannot be caused by the chrysalis itself.
You must mention that Jin has chrysalis in the character creation thread (edit your post and add that in there).

Last edited by Striker (02/22/12 18:02)

#224 02/22/12 18:02

Valkyrur

Striker wrote:
kyletm57 wrote:

Chrysalis cannot change the symbiote's personality, even the Imago stage is the person's true nature. Personality disorders cannot be caused by the chrysalis itself.

PTSD can though wink

Last edited by Valkyrur (02/22/12 18:02)

#225 02/22/12 18:02

Striker

Certified wrote:
Striker wrote:
kyletm57 wrote:

PTSD can though wink

Yes, but the way kyletm57 mentioned it, he meant that the chrysalis itself has changed his character's personality.

Board footer