Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#151 02/11/12 12:02

Striker

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

Certified wrote:

Relax, there's a quite different reason for her mood swings that I'll explain later.

Last edited by Striker (02/11/12 12:02)

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#152 02/11/12 12:02

Valkyrur

Striker wrote:
Certified wrote:

Relax, there's a quite different reason for her mood swings that I'll explain later.

Are you trying to suggest Jan is a female?

Or are you talking about Yukie's reaction to killing two people after being backed into a corner?

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#153 02/11/12 12:02

Mukade

To be fair, Jan can actually be a girl's name. When I first started catching up on the story, I pictured it as a girl, forgetting what it said on the character screen, until it started saying "him"

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#154 02/11/12 12:02

Valkyrur

Mukade wrote:

Jan can actually be a girl's name.

Every time I've heard the name it's been a man.

#155 02/11/12 12:02

Mukade

The only time I've heard it before, it was a girl's :-/
But oh well, I have no issue with it, it was just a bit confusing during your first post.

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#156 02/11/12 12:02

Valkyrur

Mukade wrote:

The only time I've heard it before, it was a girl's :-/
But oh well, I have no issue with it, it was just a bit confusing during your first post.

Depends on the pronunciations

Based off of American literal pronunciation this is how it would sound 

Male: Yahn (As in, Yeah-un)

Female: Jahn (As in, Janice or Janet)

#157 02/11/12 13:02

Mukade

Ohhhh, okay, I've been pronouncing it wrong then xD

#158 02/11/12 13:02

Striker

Mukade wrote:

That's why you read the character thread first.

Certified wrote:

Or are you talking about Yukie's reaction to killing two people after being backed into a corner?

This is what I meant.

Certified wrote:

Depends on the pronunciations

Based off of American literal pronunciation this is how it would sound 

Male: Yahn (As in, Yeah-un)

Female: Jahn (As in, Janice or Janet)

I will still keep pronouncing Jan's name like 'Jahn', I think it sounds more awesome and bad-ass than 'Yahn'.

Last edited by Striker (02/11/12 13:02)

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#159 02/11/12 14:02

Striker

Sorry for the double post, but I need to bump this so Certified is sure to see.

To Certified: Please cut down on the flashbacks a little bit, it's getting a little difficult to follow. You can have flashbacks, just don't make too many. You also should keep in mind that each post should take up at least 1 AP, otherwise it isn't really worth a post (if you intended to use the AP but forgot to write it, please do so). I know this doesn't sound like much, but please fix the time in your post (you wrote 12:00 AM when it's supposed to be 12:00 PM). If you wish to stop your electronics from occasionally sending signals (revealing your location), you can turn them off.

I apologize that I sound like a butthole, I am just trying my best to keep the roleplay consistent (so that it makes sense and doesn't confuse people).

#160 02/11/12 15:02

Mukade

Striker wrote:

If you wish to stop your electronics from occasionally sending signals (revealing your location), you can turn them off.

It's too late >:)

#161 02/11/12 16:02

Valkyrur

Mukade wrote:
Striker wrote:

If you wish to stop your electronics from occasionally sending signals (revealing your location), you can turn them off.

It's too late >:)

Not only is it too late, but even IRL it wouldn't work.

Cell phone GPS transmitters don't work like that.

#162 02/11/12 16:02

Striker

Certified wrote:

They can be tracked when they're off?

#163 02/11/12 16:02

Valkyrur

Striker wrote:
Certified wrote:

They can be tracked when they're off?

Yep. Very little batter power is needed for it to transmit, so little that you barely notice that it drains. And so even when your cell phone is "Off" it still transmits.

Now of course, if you were to remove the battery...

#164 02/11/12 17:02

Striker

Certified wrote:

Yep. Very little batter power is needed for it to transmit, so little that you barely notice that it drains. And so even when your cell phone is "Off" it still transmits.

Now of course, if you were to remove the battery...

Ok. Well, you can remove the cellphone battery to prevent further tracking.

#165 02/11/12 18:02

Striker

Bump again, need kyletm57 to see this.

To Kyletm57: I don't know whether I'm not fully understanding your posts, but it seems to me like you said that your character will first go to "take a closer look at the location Jan sent" you (which is J31 by my understanding, the 'West Syndicate Warehouse'), then in the next post your character is going to 'Karachi Motel and Breakfast', where Jan sent a call (when? to whom?) and then you mention that your character maybe find out "the Syndicate was doing there" (since when is the Syndicate at that location, and where is that location?). Please clarify this, I am very confused. Thanks.

#166 02/11/12 22:02

kyletm57

@Striker:

Jin and Vince are headed to the location where Jan fought the Syndicate troops (including Lucifer, while Jan was there he requested backup. There was a TCTF unit sent to that location after backup was requested, however none of them are investigators so they are simply guarding the area until Jin and Vince arrive. 'Karachi Motel and Breakfast' is where Jan is currently located, and they were able to pick up Jan's phone call when Jan contacted Perez (if you read through Certified's last post he states that the line may have been tapped). Jin and Vince aren't headed there, however Vince helped organize a team to be dispatched to that location. I'll edit my post and try to clean it up. Hope this helped.

Last edited by kyletm57 (02/11/12 22:02)

banner2440.jpg

#167 02/12/12 01:02

Mukade

kyletm57 wrote:

however Vince helped organize a team to be dispatched to that location.

Ohh good, some potential victims >:)

#168 02/12/12 11:02

Striker

kyletm57 wrote:

@Striker:

Jin and Vince are headed to the location where Jan fought the Syndicate troops (including Lucifer, while Jan was there he requested backup. There was a TCTF unit sent to that location after backup was requested, however none of them are investigators so they are simply guarding the area until Jin and Vince arrive. 'Karachi Motel and Breakfast' is where Jan is currently located, and they were able to pick up Jan's phone call when Jan contacted Perez (if you read through Certified's last post he states that the line may have been tapped). Jin and Vince aren't headed there, however Vince helped organize a team to be dispatched to that location. I'll edit my post and try to clean it up. Hope this helped.

Thanks a ton, it makes sense to me now. smile

#169 02/13/12 00:02

Mukade

lol, thanks for throwing me a bone there Certified xD My trail would have gone completely cold otherwise.

Last edited by Mukade (02/13/12 00:02)

#170 02/13/12 15:02

Striker

To kyletm57: I see that you have rolled the dice and got a higher number than Creature did, so why didn't you write the outcome? The dice roll was supposed to decide whether you succeeded in your goal or not. You got the choice of picking where you wanted to go - the helicopter or the warehouse. You picked the helicopter and won the dice roll, so please provide with the details of what happened after. Thanks.

#171 02/13/12 16:02

kyletm57

@Striker

Lol, I thought TheCreature won, I'll fix it ASAP (might be a little, I'm quite busy right now)

banner2440.jpg

#172 02/13/12 17:02

Mukade

Hey, I rolled a combat, could a GM roll against me? I saw Striker online earlier, but he didn't roll against me tongue
(Did you mistake my post for TCs because of the roll at the end? idk tongue )

#173 02/13/12 17:02

Valkyrur

Mukade wrote:

Hey, I rolled a combat, could a GM roll against me? I saw Striker online earlier, but he didn't roll against me tongue
(Did you mistake my post for TCs because of the roll at the end? idk tongue )

I talked to him a few minutes ago

He said he had to go very soon and was merely skimming the forums, and that he has had too good of luck when doing rolls

#174 02/13/12 17:02

Mukade

Oh lol xD
well I'll get TC to roll another one of those 9s that he rolled against kyl tongue

#175 02/13/12 17:02

Valkyrur

Btw, you do know what the dossier actually contains right?

Board footer