You are not logged in.

#226 02/22/12 18:02

Valkyrur

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

Striker wrote:
Certified wrote:
Striker wrote:
kyletm57 wrote:

Question: I know how our characters aren't supposed to have any secret powers or anything, but would the effects of Chrysalis be included in this? I've written a post explaining a unique and rather destructive effect the chrysalis takes on Jin, but i wanted to make sure it was ok before i post. It won't affect his actual abilities, but instead will give him a 'double personality', his Chrysalis induced personality being much different in both his moral standing and in his actions.

Chrysalis cannot change the symbiote's personality, even the Imago stage is the person's true nature. Personality disorders cannot be caused by the chrysalis itself.

PTSD can though wink

Yes, but the way kyletm57 mentioned it, he meant that the chrysalis itself has changed his character's personality.

Let's just assume he misdiagnosed then.

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#227 02/22/12 18:02

Striker

Certified wrote:

Let's just assume he misdiagnosed then.

As long as kyletm57 knows and agrees with this, I'm fine.

kyletm57 wrote:

The security officer's face was a pale white. "I......I'm sorry sir, but our security here is the finest money can buy. We can't be held accountable if he slipped by security like this....."

I assumed that the apartment complex was a lower-middle class apartment building (it's somewhat implied by the 'apartment' part). Please clarify this next time, because usually apartments don't have amazing security.
You should also either heavily edit or remove the whole "My Chrysalis reacts to the emotion of anger, so when i get extremely upset or mad i change into an entirely different man" part. Chrysalis does not change anyone's personality.

Last edited by Striker (02/22/12 19:02)

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#228 02/22/12 20:02

Mukade

Certified wrote:

meanwhile below, Diamond and Perez look down the pipe as the acid rolls past from their position at a maintenance outlet and turn their radios to a low frequency to avoid detection

You're giving me mixed signals here Certified. Is the acid being drained or is it not. I don't want Micah to come late to the party.

Also, lol @ Troll Extraordinaire

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#229 02/22/12 20:02

kyletm57

our security here is the finest money can buy

The reason it has high security is because it is located just a block away from the TCTF HQ, I'll edit something in about TCTF funding the security

banner2440.jpg

#230 02/22/12 22:02

Striker

PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE TO DO THE SCIENCE PRISON RAID WITHOUT MY POST
Feel free to do some 'in the meantime' roleplaying but wait for my post tomorrow, since that is when the raid will begin. Please provide me with the in-game time of the raid so I can plan my post accordingly. Thank you.

Last edited by Striker (02/22/12 23:02)

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#231 02/22/12 23:02

Valkyrur

I'd say anytime in-between 10PM and 12AM

#232 02/23/12 08:02

Striker

Certified wrote:

I'd say anytime in-between 10PM and 12AM

11 PM it is, then.

#233 02/23/12 18:02

Mukade

Certified wrote:

"You wanted to call? Too bad, you ran out of minutes."

lawl, cheesy joke ftw!

Anyways, my time is a bit behind you guys, so for the sake of not double posting, I'm probably going to have to end up posting parallel to two or three posts in one of my posts. Although my intent is not to be seen at first anyways, so I shouldn't have any interaction other than observation with your characters. But don't get too far ahead of me! Micah should be trailing Jan when he gets there, so it would be nice if our posts were in the same time period to allow for any direct or indirect interaction between our characters that we might have.

Just nod if this is making any sense to you -_-

Last edited by Mukade (02/23/12 18:02)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#234 02/23/12 18:02

Valkyrur

Mukade wrote:
Certified wrote:

"You wanted to call? Too bad, you ran out of minutes."

lawl, cheesy joke ftw!

Anyways, my time is a bit behind you guys, so for the sake of not double posting, I'm probably going to have to end up posting parallel to two or three posts in one of my posts. Although my intent is not to be seen at first anyways, so I shouldn't have any interaction other than observation with your characters. But don't get too far ahead of me! Micah should be trailing Jan when he gets there, so it would be nice if our posts were in the same time period to allow for any direct or indirect interaction between our characters that we might have.

Just nod if this is making any sense to you -_-

I'll make a quick post, and then you can make a post of you arriving.

#235 02/23/12 18:02

Mukade

Perfect. I already have an idea of what to write, but I didn't want to do too much in one post, and wasn't quite sure I had time to finish it. I'll be back on in a couple hours, and I can probably write it then.

#236 02/23/12 19:02

Striker

kyletm57 wrote:

[10:33 PM; Cell M14]"We've spotted a convoy of speeding trucks headed eastbound, coordinates are B21. We believe them to be of Syndicate or other criminal involvement, as they are heavily armored and moving fast. The trucks are also completely windowless, so we don't know what may be inside. We are not, repeat not, in pursuit, the convoy is much too large for us to take on alone."

To kyletm57:I know this isn't really much, but make sure that you know that they are vans (the same grey vans seen in the game), not trucks. One of them is heavily armoured, so act accordingly.

#237 02/23/12 20:02

kyletm57

@Striker:

Got it, post is now fixed

banner2440.jpg

#238 02/23/12 21:02

Striker

kyletm57 wrote:

@Striker:
Got it, post is now fixed

Also, another thing: take note that the TCTF were dispatched at 11:07 PM, and will most likely not arrive at the TCTF Science Prison on time.

#239 02/23/12 21:02

kyletm57

Striker wrote:

will most likely not arrive at the TCTF Science Prison on time.

I am aware of this. Considering their distance from the location and the time the trucks arrive, they are most likely to arrive either in the nick of time or after the raid is finished. I'm perfectly OK with this and will adapt my next post accordingly

banner2440.jpg

#240 02/23/12 21:02

Mukade

I'd say, look at the map, count the squares and maybe budget ~3-5 minutes or so to travel from square to square from the HQ to the Science Prison, and calculate your arrival time accordingly.

#241 02/23/12 21:02

kyletm57

@Mukade:

I did do so, but it seems I made a mistake. I went directly up from HQ until i reached B and then proceeded directly right, however since the means of transportation is a helicopter diagonal movement should be allowed for. The final time, after a subtracted 4 minutes for moving hastily toward the destination, is 13 minutes. I'll edit my post to include the new time

banner2440.jpg

#242 02/23/12 22:02

Mukade

@kyl, roger that smile

@Certified - Damn you and your quick posting, I thought I had caught up with you, but you post again before mine went up ^_^
Gonna add on to my previous post to compensate for most recent post, a couple paragraphs maybe.

Last edited by Mukade (02/23/12 22:02)

#243 02/23/12 22:02

Valkyrur

Alright then, I was about to suggest that. I'll make sure Striker knows I Ok'd it when he inevitably -snip-

#244 02/23/12 22:02

Mukade

Okay, I've added on to my post to match up with yours. I think we're pretty much caught up. Looks like things are going to get interesting smile

#245 02/23/12 22:02

Valkyrur

Also note, that you are only following THREE of them now.

#246 02/23/12 22:02

Mukade

Ohh, so the ones you sent off down the halls didn't return?

#247 02/23/12 22:02

Valkyrur

Mukade wrote:

Ohh, so the ones you sent off down the halls didn't return?

Yeah, Diamond disappeared off after checking the rooms for god knows what reason (*cough*eatingfoodinthecantina*cough*).

I might make use of him later as we are exiting the SP.

#248 02/24/12 00:02

Mukade

In that case, Micah wishes he was right there with him sad
Better watch out though. If Micah decides he's hungry enough to make a detour, I might just deprive you of a squad mate.

Last edited by Mukade (02/24/12 00:02)

#249 02/24/12 16:02

Valkyrur

Mukade wrote:

In that case, Micah wishes he was right there with him sad
Better watch out though. If Micah decides he's hungry enough to make a detour, I might just deprive you of a squad mate.

Former TCTF Black Ops trooper with the best of the best training Vs. Rookie assassin

Dis gun be gud.

#250 02/24/12 18:02

Striker

Certified wrote:

Former TCTF Black Ops trooper with the best of the best training Vs. Rookie assassin with the element of surprise

Fixed that for you smile

Last edited by Striker (02/24/12 18:02)

Board footer