Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/10/07 18:09

Sheika23

does any one know the combos for other characters

ya well earlyer i was playing oni as usual and i was playing as some of the other characters.   i was wondering if there was some sort of chart to all of the keystrokes needed to use other characters combos like in konokos journal.

THe 0rijin4L SHEIKA-23

#2 09/10/07 18:09

geyser
Website

Re: does any one know the combos for other characters

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#3 09/10/07 19:09

Sheika23

ok ill try to make sense of that thanks

THe 0rijin4L SHEIKA-23

#4 09/19/07 19:09

Ultimatum479

Yeah, every character's combos become pretty much intuitive once you've played as Konoko. Anyone wanna venture a guess at the single BEST combo in the game before I say it? Although Geyser might know it...

Work in progress...

#5 09/19/07 22:09

Loser

Ultimatum479, almost everybody here knows about endless-looping lightning-fast Scorp kick combo. But if you had figured it out before you read it somewhere, then you are good.
                                                                                                                    Loser

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#6 09/20/07 17:09

Ultimatum479

"Scorp" kick? Is that what ya call the PPKKK-PPKKK-PPKKK Ninja combo? If so...d'oh. ^_^

But yeah, I figured that out immediately after I beat Oni the first time, cuz I saw the ninjas with that ridiculous combo and I instantly saw it could be an infinite. I play Street Fighter 'n' the like, so I have an eye for infinite combos. tongue

Work in progress...

#7 11/10/07 20:11

geyser
Website

Sorry to disappoint both of you, but PPKKKK is not the Scorp Kick, although I've thought so too for a while.
The Scorp Kick is the CROUCH+KICK combo. The striking foot comes from above like a scorpion's sting.
The PPKKKK has no name, but if you can call it Mukade Kick considering he's the only AI who'll do it.
Come to think of it, "thousand feet" is a nice name for a lightning-fast and super-deadly kick combo.

Last edited by geyser (11/10/07 20:11)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#8 11/10/07 21:11

Ultimatum479

Yeah, I figured the combo didn't have an official name. I've heard fans dub it the Woodpecker, though. ^_^

Work in progress...

#9 11/11/07 00:11

Your_Mom
Website

Some people call it the "6-hit woodpecker combo", but really, its like... infinity hits if done "right"

droid803sig.jpg

#10 11/11/07 01:11

Ultimatum479

...That's what Loser and I were saying up there.

Oh, and Geyser, whaddaya mean Mukade's the only AI who will do it? Red Ninja use PP-KKKK all the time.

Work in progress...

#11 11/11/07 09:11

azewrath

I guess that the red ninja does it less often than Mukade.... wink

But here's a question that i' wanted 2 ask aeons ago but was 2 lazy : Why is it that the TCTF Elite guy's back throw does NO damage at all? sad
It just makes him stinks even more, since his punches r crap as well

RESERVOIRDOGS - Trust no one... for real

#12 11/11/07 09:11

geyser
Website

"Infinity hits" - well, that gives even more weight to that "centipede" denomination smile
Red Ninja are not supposed to do it at all unless they have Mukade's melee profile (28).
If you have examples of Red Ninja who do it, I'll gladly check what's wrong with them.

The SWAT's back throw only deals damage to the surrounding characters (splash).
It is probable that they overlooked this move, as there are quite a few flawed ones.
However, I'd appreciate if you people came up with a systematic wishlist of fixes wink

EDIT: Confirmed. The only melee profile with the PPKKKK is Mukade's: number 28.
And the only AI using that melee profile are the boss Mukade and one in Chapter 9.

Last edited by geyser (11/11/07 09:11)

#13 11/11/07 10:11

Ultimatum479

Err...Weird, cuz I've seen the first Red Ninja on the Rooftops level (just before the sniper) do it to me (or try), and I'm sure I've seen a few ninja in the Regional State Building do it too. I think one of 'em might even be a blue one. Oh, and the Red Ninja who falls out of the sky just after the last Rooftops savepoint (after you take the zipline) used it on me once. I'll play through later and try to find the exact ninja who do it.

Work in progress...

#14 11/11/07 10:11

geyser
Website

There are only Drab Ninja in Chapter 9, and the one before the first sniper in Rooftops is actually a Blue one smile
I've stood for them a bit, and my impression so far is that they use only PPP and KKK, but with some glitches.
Occasionally the PPP and KKK will interrupt each other and you'll get something that goes PPKPP or PPKKKK.
But whatever happens, their kicks are slow and have nothing to do with the animations for Mukade's combo...

EDIT: Update. Actually, all the Ninja have a technique that makes use of the first kick from Mukade's combo.
It goes like P,PP,PPK,KF. After the first kick of what would have been Mukade's combo, there's a front kick.
That one, and the fact that techniques may interrupt each other, explains the reports of Mukade's combo smile

Last edited by geyser (11/11/07 11:11)

#15 11/11/07 16:11

Ultimatum479

Apparently, there are more differences between the Mac and Windows version than previously thought. The Ninja before the sniper on the Rooftops level is _definitely_ a Red Ninja unless I'm colorblind (just went back and checked it again, so it's not my memory), there are definitely two blue ninja in the Regional State Building, and the Red Ninja before the Sniper did indeed do a full PPKKKK (which I dodged with a roll before breaking his back).

At least, I'm assuming it's a Mac-Windows thing, unless you're just plain wrong. ^_^

Work in progress...

#16 11/11/07 18:11

Fluffy

It's just the difficulty you play at, for the pre-sniper ninja at least - blue at normal and red at hard. I don't remember seeing blue ninja in the State Building, but I haven't played it through in a long time.

#17 11/11/07 19:11

geyser
Website

@U479:
There are no content differences between PC and Mac smile

The pre-sniper Ninja is Blue. He only appears as Red on Hard.
(this is irrelevant anyway because the combos are the same)
(I mean, the only extra for the Red ones is the running throw)

There are no Blue Ninja at the Regional State Building at all.
(I mean, the corresponding character classes are missing)

As for the PPKKKK, I know what you mean, but you're wrong.
(I mean, the final kicks are not the super-deadly finishers)
It's most probably a PPKKF interrupted (or followed) by a KKK.

This would all be a lot simpler if you could take videos, eh? wink
BTW, for the record, I am a real, true colorblind guy smile

#18 11/11/07 23:11

Ultimatum479

Of course I'm talking about Hard mode. Why the hell would you play on any other difficulty? Like it's not easy enough on Hard mode... v_V And there are definitely blue ninja at the Regional State Building cuz I can shapeshift into 'em.

I've done the PPKKKK combo enough times as a shapeshifted Ninja to recognize it when I see it. I'm telling you, the ninja right before the sniper is doing it. Almost every time I run past him, disarm the sniper, and fight them both at once, he uses it on me.

And yes, it would be a lot simpler if I could take videos. Last resort: video camera. Parents have it right now, but I can use it hopefully within a couple weeks.

Work in progress...

#19 11/12/07 05:11

geyser
Website

"This is getting out of control..." Videos and/or screenshots please. Unbelievably tough luck with that video camera wink

If you can really shapeshift to blue ninja in RSB, that would be the most sensational discovery in years. You'll have to confirm.
Note that even if Blue Ninja ONCC are present on the Mac for some reason, it doesn't mean the game will actually spawn any.
The character list (which I again do not expect to be any different on the Mac) only specifies easy, non-upgradeable ninja.
That means that every Ninja you get to face is Drab and Oni does not even attempt to upgrade them to Blue on Hard.

Same thing for the PPKKKK. I'm not calling you a liar, but you know, a screenshot would be enough to prove your point wink
Just fight that pre-sniper ninja with chr_debug_characters=1 and chr_debug_target=2 and take a screenie after the combo.

#20 11/13/07 09:11

Ultimatum479

Do those commands work on the Mac? What are they supposed to do? I don't see 'em in the script_commands text file and the command auto-complete doesn't show up for them when I start typing 'em in. I entered them and nothing noticeably changed.

Work in progress...

#21 11/13/07 10:11

geyser
Website

Er. Yeah. Oops. PC- and Mac-beta-only. You may consider "getting" the Mac beta... somewhere roll
You may try Ctrl+Shift+B in the Mac retail version, and take a screenshot during the final kicks.
And of course nothing keeps you from taking a screenie of a Blue Ninja at the State Building wink

Last edited by geyser (11/13/07 10:11)

Board footer