Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/09/07 21:09

Gumby

3 things...

First, is it possible to use Barabas's stronger and stronger move?

Second, shouldnt the mercury bow have a poisoning effect?

Here's an idea for you scripters out there...make a health drain! big_smile You could make the initial attack 50% of the current damage and the poison the other half...then when you shoot someone they have a few seconds to get "revenge" before sudddenly collapsing...Myabe have it so that a quick hypo could cancel this effect...kinda like how taking damage cancels a normal hypo effect...

Last...has anyone ever seen one of the civilians pick up a black adder and shoot a striker? It happened to me when I was fooling around with respawning the enemies to save (and then kill) the same civilian on the warehouse over and over again...and then suddenly hes got a gun! I have a screenshot of the afterwards where he is holding the gun...but no picture of the actual act sad

Oops, one last thing...is there any way to respawn enemies in a level without deleting the current ones?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#2 09/09/07 23:09

Loser

Re: 3 things...

Hi Gumby,

You cannot use Barabas's regeneration move. Of course you can taunt and it looks similar, but that way you are using "taunt" animation, which has only the same visual apperance as the regeneration.
Barabas's regen is engine-only move (engine triggers the "powerup" animation for AI characters, which is real regeneration). And as far as I know, you cannot "emulate" regeneration via scripts.

Have you read Mercury bow weapon page in Konoko's datapad ??? It has poisoning effect, that is why it drains so much health and not only 10-20 Hp from impact of the ball of frozen mercury. Poison effect is instant due to the fact that whole load of mercury is forcefully plunged into the  victim.
About the poison effect vs scripters - interesting idea. Some parts are IMO impossible, but some are already achieved.

Last one- no I haven't but I know it is possible due to the fact that civmales have 40% "go for gun chance" (it is in Oni galore wiki website, ONCC files). So there is possibility that they will see the striker and manage to get the gun before striker is too close (when some enemy is too close to an unarmed civilian, that civilian starts panicking). With loaded gun in his hand, civilian is driven by some other part of the AI system (not panic part but weapon part) that overrides panicking. So it is possible, altough very rare.

One last - if you know the name of your selected enemy ( "ai2_shownames=1" ), then you can use "ai2_spawn enemy name force" command.

Loser

Last edited by Loser (09/09/07 23:09)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#3 09/10/07 17:09

Gumby

Yes, the gun was loaded...thanks for the reply

I did read the description...I just thought that there wasn't much poison effect...just an idea ^_^

---

Hey, I was gonna stick a demo on a flash drive...but what happens if the demo crashes? I can't uise the patched exe or the vtune dll...what can i do? (yes i extracted it)

Last edited by Gumby (09/10/07 17:09)

#4 09/10/07 17:09

geyser
Website

MB poisoning can only be handled at the engine level (DLL), or in some very specific, arranged situations.
The problem is to be able to recognize that at time T character X has just been shot with a Mercury Bow...
If the BSL interface offered that kind of infomation, we'd have much more elaborate death messages in OTA smile

I have DemOni on a USB stick. Nothing bad happens if Oni Blams... except for the obvious I mean smile
There's a DLL available for the demo as well, see here: http://wiki.oni2.net/index.php/Daodan_DLL

Last edited by geyser (09/10/07 17:09)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#5 09/12/07 01:09

Gumby

oh, thanks...it turned out on the computer i wanted to use it on, it worked jsut fine, with a few issues with the textures having problems...the dll may solve that...

Too bad about the mercury bow...

Board footer