Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/10/11 21:07

Samer
Website

Particles Questions

I need a tutorial or some tips on how to change position, timing, color and damage of particles, example :

1-the hammer character will slam his fist (hammer)  to the ground (using tanker's punch low TRAM) i want an earthquake to emit from that at the right time, how can i do that ?  is the particle somehow attached to barabas's foot or is it determined how to emit in the TRAM, or is it in the particle file itslef  ? what controls its timing and position and damage ? ... (it doesn't emit before barabas hits the ground and it's positioned at the center below him, for the hammer the timing would be different)

2- another thing i want to put the jet pack particle on the hydra's feet when she jumps or at all times, like EdT did with the sentry droid and like the Barabas jetpack mod.

3- and while i'm at it .. can i change the earthquaker, or muro's electricity color ? i changed daodon and contrail color before is it the same ?

4- and how to change size ? i want to make the earthquaker radius smaller. like EdT did with shinitama's explosion.

5- how to add particles to a weapon ? i want to add a glow to hayate's sword and then make that particle impact the enemy.

i didn't find much on wiki except hexadecimal stuff :\

Last edited by Samer (07/10/11 21:07)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 07/10/11 23:07

EdT
Website

Re: Particles Questions

Sorry, it has been such a long time, I don't remember what I did with the jetpack particle or explosion.

#3 07/11/11 00:07

Mukade

I'll try my best to help without actually consulting any files.

1- You need to find which particle it is. Then go to the ONCC I believe, add the particle to the ONCC, just copy a particle that's already there, and use that, replace what you need. Then go to the desired animation, and make the particle emit from the desired bodypart at the desired frame. Extract barabas's earthquaker move so you have an example.

2- Same thing as 1 pretty much. Find the particle, add it to the ONCC and the desired animation, on the desired bodypart and frame.

3- You'd have to find the particle file, extract it, and play with the settings (RGB I believe) although I've never got color to work for me...

4 - Same thing, find the particle, and tamper with it, look at the tags. I can't guarantee it's possible though.

5 - Go in the ONWP of the weapon you want, and also open up the ONWP of the VDG pistol or plasma cannon. Both of those have a particle that emits from the weapons. You can use those as an example, and try to replicate it with the sword. You'd also have to go into the particle itself, and edit it so that on contact with someone, it will effect them.

That's all I can do for now, if you can't figure it out, I'll give you more specific instructions tomorrow, when I can get stuff open and look at it myself.

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#4 07/11/11 08:07

Samer
Website

thanks mukade i'll try them when i get to the hammer smile if i have more questions i'll ask hopefully u or paradox and Gumby can give me some pointers too.

and thanks anyway EdT ^_^ there's a lot of stuff i forget :\ everytime i have to make new hit impacts, daodon glow or sounds i have to review how :\ . we gotta write more tutorials.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

Board footer