Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/08/11 08:07

EdT
Website

HD Characters Models - Hopefully

EDIT: I will attempt to make HD version of some of Oni characters and will post them in this thread.

[Split from Screenshots thread after this post. --Iritscen]

First attempt at making Muro HD

MuroHD.jpg

Yes I agree with everyone's comments about how bad Muro's head texture looks, that's the one currently in game.  So don't blame me smile

DarkLitria: Are you willing to make a HD head texture for Muro?

#2 07/08/11 08:07

DarkLitria
Website

Re: HD Characters Models - Hopefully

wat do u mean? ^^ like the one i done for Sam female BGI model on her chest?

No BLOOD no foul.

#3 07/08/11 08:07

EdT
Website

DarkLitria: Yes that is what I meant, fix and improve the texture, if you want to smile

Here is the texture scaled up to 512x512:

TXMPmuro_head.png

#4 07/08/11 08:07

DarkLitria
Website

cool i'll give it a try XD not sure about the hair thou so i'll focus on the face ^^

lol sorry he looks f*cked there X'D

No BLOOD no foul.

#5 07/08/11 10:07

Lithium

Make him sexy or dai D<

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#6 07/08/11 10:07

Iritscen

I think it's worth interjecting here to point to the 1999 Oni trailer.  If you go to the 30 second mark, you'll see what Muro used to look like before someone at Bungie hit him with the ugly stick.  I know it's hard to make out the details, but I wanted to make the point that Muro doesn't have to look just like he does in 2001 Oni.  Perhaps a touch of 1999 Oni would be an improvement.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#7 07/08/11 10:07

Samer
Website

mm isn't it better if she uses severed's textures to start with ? http://www.filefactory.com/file/cc4b058 … ead_01.png

EdT i also found out that manually adding edges to certain polygons, seems to give better results (in terms of preserving the U.V map, texture coordination.) although much more time consuming.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#8 07/08/11 11:07

DarkLitria
Website

that be helpful X_x but sam can u upload muro face texture it on here? that website wont let me download it.

No BLOOD no foul.

#9 07/08/11 11:07

Delano762
Website

That thing he's wearing is reminding of USAF jackets. And yeah, how bout starting a project to make stuff look pre beta?

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#10 07/08/11 11:07

Samer
Website

TXMPIteration001%25252FREV_MO_head_01.png

Last edited by Samer (07/08/11 11:07)

#11 07/08/11 12:07

EdT
Website

Opps, the original screenshot was using severed textures. ok, blame me smile

Samer: You're right, it will be better if someone makes the HD head models by hand, I was using the 3D program's subdivide method.  But with Griffin's model it came out fairly good.

#12 07/08/11 20:07

EdT
Website

HD Barabus:

BarabusHD.jpg

For comparison, original model:

BarabusnonHD.jpg

#13 07/09/11 04:07

Yoriko

The veins looks much better and I like the darkness around his eyes, what bugs me is the armour he's wearing, when are you gonna work on the characters clothes?

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#14 07/09/11 04:07

DarkLitria
Website

hey barabas texture looks awesome EdT big_smile the viens looks really detailed

btw heres the muro texture XP

FluxBB bbcode test

if u see that black thine line at the left side, i dont know how that happened hmm i saved wat sam send me anyway i could but erm its still there XP,
anyways the pic wat he send me ish cool didn't do much except adding details to it and the eyes the most, the hair hmm i blended it to make it more smoother looking also brighten his skin little. XP wat do u think?

No BLOOD no foul.

#15 07/09/11 07:07

Samer
Website

the problem before was that when EdT made the head higher polycount the u.v maps changed position a bit upon the addition of extra edges .. that's why the textures looked of of place, if we use the same texture again same thing will happen. i think the best to do is to move the U.V maps on the dae again try to align them with the texture as they were before, or to work simultaneously on the dae and texture adjusting either u.v map or texture to fit. so darklitria would need the dae ...

@ darklitria both barabas's and muro's texture are by Severed, u two would get along tongue he has some amazing artwork as well. take a look at his character retexturing http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … id=998&p=2 post 13,

btw the thin line is outside the u.v map so it doesn't matter smile

Last edited by Samer (07/09/11 07:07)

#16 07/09/11 10:07

EdT
Website

DarkLitria:  Thank you for the texture, I will work on the model and try to improve the UV map.

#17 07/09/11 21:07

EdT
Website

Double Post!  lol

Here is an updated version of Muro, using Severed latest Muro texture.    Sorry, DarkLitria, I had to use the Master's version smile

It is not in HD but using the original head.  I still have issues with distorted UV maps.  We may need to wait for an expert 3D modeler to get the HD version.

Muro2.jpg

Why did I alter his appearance? I tried to match Iritscen's notes on the subject comparing 1999 Muro and 2001 Muro:

Muro%20Comparison.png

#18 07/09/11 22:07

Iritscen

That picture had my embarrassingly bad handwriting all over it, so I deleted it from my temp directory ^_^  Here's a new set of pictures, followed by a transcription of what I scribbled at the time (this was in 2008), with amendments:
Muro-1999.jpg1999 Muro
- Note the cleft chin (that's a TXMP issue)
- Note the boyish cheekbones [did I really write that?]
- Jaw point is much lower - a handsome trait [making the point that Muro used to actually be good-looking]

Muro-2001.png2001 Muro
- Mouth is too down-turned and not as wide [as 1999 version]
- Narrow chin by 1/3 [to make it more like 1999 Muro]
- Collar looks stupid; why does it have a flat top?!? [It doesn't look so bad in your screenshot, EdT, did you change it?]
- Hair should probably be bangier [it seems to come further down over his forehead in 1999]
- Lower eyebrows [actually, the issue is not that they're lower; it's more that they almost meet in the middle, giving him a Unibrow of Evil]
- Narrow nose [I think I meant that the nose should be narrower to resemble the 1999 version]

Just as back story for those who don't know, there was a "friendly rivalry" between the model artists on Oni, where one would re-do the other's work; I think the difference in Muro reflects a difference in style between the two artists.  In this case, I don't think the remake was an improvement.

#19 07/10/11 03:07

Lithium

I like the Sexy Muro better than the one we got in Oni :<

#20 07/10/11 12:07

Yoriko

Was that guy in the brown jacket supposed to be Muro? yikes
There's another character with the same jacket (I think) in the beggining anime trailer aswell as the first game over screen.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#21 07/10/11 14:07

Iritscen

Yes, the redhead whom we've named Casey.  He's in two of the failure screens and the intro movie, but I think there's enough similarity here that this is definitely supposed to be Muro.

#22 07/10/11 14:07

Mukade

Looks good.... but his forehead is really big >_>

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#23 07/22/11 20:07

EdT
Website

Update on models:

GriffinHD2.jpg

Head modeled by Iritscen, textures by Vicious Reilly.  I just put them together :-)
Once Iritscen is finished, Griffin will be released.

MuroImproved.jpg
Hopefully soon, Muro will get new clothes smile

#24 07/22/11 20:07

Lithium

Haha nice, although I'm more fond of his blocky head ^^

#25 07/23/11 00:07

Lukas Kreator

That is great! Very nice textures and modelling. I'll sure download it when it is ready.

Board footer