Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 06/27/11 11:06

kyletm57

Weapons on the Oni cover

I feel really stupid asking this, but does anyone know if someone has made models for the guns konoko is carrying on the cover of Oni, and where to find them? I was super depressed when i got the game and these weapons weren't included (especially the revolver) and recently I've been looking to see if anyone has made them for the game. I'd be thankful for any help on this.

banner2440.jpg

#2 06/27/11 11:06

TOCS

Re: Weapons on the Oni cover

There're a few extra guns included in the AE. I don't believe they were actually ever made, to be honest.

#3 06/27/11 13:06

kyletm57

The guns included in the AE package were a nice addition, but it's a real shame no one has made the cover weapons. I would do it maself if i could, but i have no modeling skill whatsoever, i plan to get into it soon though.

banner2440.jpg

#4 06/27/11 15:06

Iritscen

Nope, nobody has made those weapons.  Kind of hard to see the one on her back, isn't it?  I'm also not sure that we saw something that these weapons would offer that would be worth the work, as opposed to the weapons in the game.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 06/27/11 15:06

kyletm57

Yea the weapons wouldnt really be contributing anything new or useful, but i just thought it would be cool to have them.

banner2440.jpg

#6 06/27/11 16:06

Iritscen

But I know some players were disappointed that Konoko could not carry three weapons at once, since that would have made a difference in the gameplay and just generally have looked cool.

#7 06/27/11 17:06

kyletm57

At first i was a little upset that she couldn't carry more than one weapon, but i later realized it was for the best. Since she can only carry one weapon at a time, there is more of a challenge and it forces you to make careful decisions when choosing the weapon to keep with you. For example, when you are faced to chose between a plasma rifle and a mercury bow, you must take into consideration that the mercury bow is more powerful, but uses up much more ammo and is very slow, and the plasma rifle has more ammo, but does less damage and has less range.

banner2440.jpg

#8 06/27/11 17:06

Yoriko

I agree, I think the game has covered all different kinds of weapons for such a game. An idea for the revolver would be that it would have six bullets that has significant stopping power and really good damage, drawback being it's lack of accuracy over longer ranges.

Does anyone else have any ideas for new weapons that contribute to the game and has it's good side and drawbacks?
I dont have any ideas for new weapons but I do however have some ideas for alternative firing modes for the weapons already in the game.

Last edited by Yoriko (06/27/11 17:06)

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#9 06/27/11 18:06

Samer
Website

we all have a lot of ideas what we need is modders

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#10 06/27/11 18:06

Iritscen

In my experience, one's ideas never get worked on unless you work on them yourself smile

#11 06/27/11 20:06

Samer
Website

that's what i mean ^_^ ... we have a lot of members here and a lot of ideas but still only few do actively mod ... modding is really not that hard .. if u get and idea, work on it and execute it it will be satisfactory to see ur idea come to life by ur own effort  ... and of course we'll help.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#12 06/27/11 20:06

Iritscen

Ah, I didn't parse your post properly.  Yep, basically, if people feel strongly enough about their ideas, they should learn to mod so they can bring them to life.

#13 06/27/11 21:06

kyletm57

I have a lot of ideas i'd like to put into action, but sadly i don't know how to do much yet. I'm going 2 try to learn over the course of the summer though.

banner2440.jpg

#14 06/27/11 21:06

Lithium

Man I am such a waste to this community ._.

That's it! I shall do something lulzy to a level or two

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#15 06/29/11 17:06

Yoriko

Stuff wont get done unless you do it yerself aye?...........Very well, I shall try and learn some modding then.
First off I need to know where to start, then there's the problem with adding the stuff I want that can prove to be frustrating.
Should I post a list of the secondary firing modes I was thinking about doing so you can tell me if they are plausable to do or not?
Should I post it here or will you kill me for going off-topic? Whom of you has been improving and working with the weapons in Oni?

Last edited by Yoriko (06/29/11 17:06)

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#16 06/29/11 19:06

Iritscen

I would make a new thread.  Gumby knows a fair bit about modding weapons, but if you make a public thread, then anyone who knows something about the subject can give advice.

#17 06/29/11 20:06

Lukas Kreator

I've worked a bit with weapons, but Gumby has probabily done the most impressive stuff with them. I believe there are some videos in youtube, btw.

#18 07/04/11 12:07

Mukade

Anyone ever tried making it so the gun was actually visible on the body when they're holstered?

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#19 07/04/11 14:07

Iritscen

Not as such, but geyser did successfully attach 3D objects to characters with his Silly World experiment.

#20 07/04/11 18:07

Mukade

That's one thing I'd love to see. Especially if we were to somehow work AI holstering into the mix, you'd at least be able to tell what weapon they had before you charged them tongue

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#21 07/04/11 19:07

Yoriko

If so maybe it would be possible to pick up their weapon if they lie down on the ground long enough for you to complete the "pick up" animation. smile
There should also be a longer animation for unholstering rifles (which will be on your back)

#22 07/04/11 19:07

Mukade

What you ask for I believe is possible. Ground throws have already been proven to work, and a ground disarm wouldn't be much different. So it's a small variation, the weapon would have to be IN their hand, not holstered, but you could theoretically grab a gun from a down opponent without first knocking it out of his hand

#23 07/04/11 19:07

Yoriko

Bloody hell there's really a whole lot you can do with this game isnt there. (things that should've been there in the first place maybe but still)
I suppose the main problem is man power to work on these things hmmm. hmm

Side question: What has happened to that 3D map french guy that was supposed to do a buck load of things? (according to himself)
If he's not lying about his expertise he'd be bloody useful.

#24 07/04/11 21:07

Mukade

He maybe has the expertise, but he has no particular direction... if he were to concentrate on one thing at a time he'd be useful, but as it is.... He'll prolly bite off more than he can chew, and then give up...

And yes, it is mostly the lack of manpower, as well as the incredible amounts of techincal issues we run into sometimes

#25 07/04/11 22:07

EdT
Website

Yoriko: Most of us are not expert 3D modelers, graphic artists or programmers.  But if you have the desire to mod, the willingness to learn new things, and the ability to solve problems on your own, you can contribute to Oni.

Board footer