Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 06/13/11 16:06

3D-Map-Universe

Re: ***Welcome Back And Project***

exemple http://www.codercorner.com/Oni44.jpg  the texture look like very horrible and it's very not good  modeled omg thats look like duke nukem 3D lol

#27 06/13/11 16:06

Dirk Gently
Website

the model is not that bad, the shader looks bad though.

#28 06/13/11 16:06

3D-Map-Universe

yes light too

#29 06/13/11 16:06

Lithium

Would you mind getting an avatar? It really helps to see who posted >.<

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#30 06/13/11 17:06

Iritscen

Welcome, 3D-Map.  That Barabas model was rendered in Flexine, not Oni, so it's not the best screenshot to analyze.  For one thing, Pierre seems to have jacked up the reflectivity.

Well, it sounds like you have a lot of ideas.  It's true that we don't have any active modelers at the moment, but we did have Leucha improve Konoko's model a few months ago.  I don't think we'll be assembling a team to improve all of Oni any time soon, but you could certainly pick an area of Oni to improve, and just take one thing at a time.  I'll let Gumby respond to the idea of adding new physics to Oni, but don't get your hopes up smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#31 06/13/11 18:06

3D-Map-Universe

yep, avatar update, happy ^^ ?

#32 06/13/11 18:06

Lithium

Yes..yes i am

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#33 06/13/11 18:06

3D-Map-Universe

i start remake all of the gun and after it's completed i remake all level texture (object and model are not the priority ) and i have think modeled a plasmatic weapon for barabus like doom xD with a good particle animation and a good rail lol (another bullet particle) and for muro (mutant) ive think a new move, (if he jump and performe a shock wave) its little same but if he jump and touch the floor (barabus shock wave) he perform an earthquake with flame,rock,sand, i have a lot of idea,for mukade,he throw his opponent too far he teleport behind his opponent grab his feet and explode his opponent on the floor lol ? what you think of that ?

#34 06/13/11 19:06

Samer
Website

i'm not sure u are fully aware of how much time it takes ... ok rephrase I AM SURE u don't know how much time it takes :\
have u attempted any of these plans u speak of before ? do u know how to make new animations ? or improve models or textures or particles ? FOR ONI... like really in practice ?.. if so could we see a sample of ur work ?
it took us a long time to semi-master these, and a long time to execute them.
I don't want to burst ur bubble but u saying u can do all this, is very ... ambitious and unrealistic, and u have to realize that as a community we all contribute when we can, we're not just sitting there to mod Oni all the time, u asked where's the "modeler", there's no specific modeler, Leucha, EdT and myself have all worked on models before.

ideas are great we all have a load of that, the important thing is that they be applicable and that u have the skills and knowledge to execute them.

I also advise u to take a look at what has been done already, and improve on that if u can. No need to make new face textures for example when Severed and I have attempted that, no need to make new konoko model when Leucha already have, same for level textures several modders are already working on that .
but then again and i quote "with great lightning and texture not the fucking redeimensioned texture i've seen in the forum" obviously u didn't like the f**ing textures already made :\ i look forward to see ur f**ing textures smile

I could be completely off track here as I don't know how good u are as a professional animator - 3D modeler maybe it takes u minutes to make what takes us days or u have a chrysalis or something, don't know, would help if we see a sample. Darklitria for example amazes us by how fast she can draw maybe u'd be a pleasant surprise as well.

have to say I admire ur enthusiasm though smile

EDIT : BTW u could direct ur skills and enthusiasm towards a specific area where ur contribution would be most valuable, animations for example we're a bit lacking in that, for example i've made several characters who could really use several new move animations if u're good with that, and interested let me know.

Last edited by Samer (06/13/11 19:06)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#35 06/13/11 19:06

Gumby

Um, have fun? I have other things to do. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#36 06/13/11 19:06

Dirk Gently
Website

haha

#37 06/14/11 01:06

Stevinlewis

Maybe whatever hes trying to say got lost in translation? O_o

#38 06/14/11 06:06

Pierre

I rarely visit the forums but since I noticed this...

That Barabas picture is *very* old and not representative of anything. It was just a silly test years ago.

Current graphics look like this:
http://www.codercorner.com/blog/?p=438

Still nowhere near AAA titles, granted.

FWIW I would happily use whatever material you can produce, if it's good. Just show us what you can do.

#39 06/14/11 07:06

TOCS

Ahh, just the person we need! smile Pierre is a great example on how a one-man project could look like. It takes forever to start from scratch, doesn't it? I reckon reading on your website, that I'd take ages to have some finished product. tongue

#40 06/14/11 11:06

3D-Map-Universe

hi,good new i have receved  my keyboard lol 70$ Starcraft 2 limited edition xD,fuck,i have buy a new computer on C Discount and i always not receved it -_- do not say it's impossible to create new animation,it's too long,work in team and all other commetnt,i know,it's just a question of time. i receved my computer tommorow (i think) and i immedietly start the project, i stay with my computer 16 hours by day ^^ 16 hours by day it's enought fast i think but i'm only one who can help me with is skilled talent in 3D or a great drawer to make me some great texture i renderer it in 3ds max with a good bumb-mapping and shadow,lighting (like doom 3) or if there are a great drawer in the forum just make me a test character sheet. new character are welcome,not existed character like Halo in AE of oni that's lame this model and skin exist it's not a creation of this Forum ,do you understant what i say ? (sorry for the bad english i'm FRENCH)

#41 06/14/11 11:06

3D-Map-Universe

and for info pierre it's noob just look the SKYBOX and all other 3D object is a psx game...... it's not RAGE ^^ i don't know if gumby can use an assembler and extract the source of the games,rewrite the engine for the grapichals effect and recompile it (hard) but if it's possible GREAT ! reflective light;shadow,physx,Antialliasing,Ambient occlusion,and post-treatment. what do you think ?? yeah i know it's long or impossible *_*

#42 06/14/11 11:06

3D-Map-Universe

question for a story what you think can i make ?? or i make new level with story (14 new level) and after i start to remake the 3D model ?? muro with konoko like child or a story dedicated for mukade (explain who is mukade,who is his family,and why he have become a cyber-ninja (i think make mukade-male-civilan-model) and a cinematics to the transformation like in the xenolabs with all other mech and enginering object a little same cyrax and sektor of mortal kombat

#43 06/14/11 11:06

Samer
Website

again smile take a look at what the forum already created.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_nVIR … 40/Oni.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2765/404 … 489f_o.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_nVIR … 092620.png
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_nVIR … -69_cr.png
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/4480/comparisons.png
http://mods.oni2.net/node/92

http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1355

gumby doesn't seem to have the time to do what u require (understandably), therefore it's best to do something that would be applicable in the game as it is now smile don't waste ur time on something that isn't going to work, as we all said start small.

there are great textures and artists on the forum, viscious reilly, severed and others who have already produced amazing work with the game as is, but as I said before we're not all sitting around just to mod oni and we all have different visions that might not work with what u have in mind, so a big project like urs may be too overreaching with what we have ...

so just start small and adopt a project that u could do by urself ... example improving the 3D models of characters and weapons, that would be great and no one is working on that currently.

the lights and all that would be nice yes but it's not currently applicable so do something else, animations we really need a bunch of those, browse the forum again to see what characters i was talking about .. see what the AE team needs help with on the wiki.

and mm maybe write in french .. and we'll translate it ? cz i'm not getting half of what u're saying. (eventhough i don't know french)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#44 06/14/11 11:06

Iritscen

3D-Map, it's hard to know how to respond to all these ideas you're throwing out there.  You're asking us what story you can make, or how many levels you should make, but we don't know what you're capable of or how serious you are about this.  At this point, honestly, I cannot even tell if we're being trolled.

I would suggest just picking something to work on, anything, instead of flooding the forum with a multitude of ideas.  Once we've seen some of your work, if it is sufficiently inspiring, I'm sure that an artist will show up who is willing to help out.  Basically, what I'm saying is that you have to start by posting some content, even if it's a rough draft, before you can expect people to be supportive and commit to a project.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#45 06/14/11 11:06

3D-Map-Universe

ok, thanks for the info, i begin easy  improving the 3D models of weapons (same as old weapons but remaked with a great graphics) and some changes like reload,and the gun design.

#46 06/14/11 11:06

Chamyky
Website

3D-Map, I'd be interested in seeing something you created. Can you show us any of your previous works?

#47 06/14/11 11:06

3D-Map-Universe

yes,but i can't i'm on my ps3,i do not have computer i but a new on cdiscount i have it tommorow and i need to reinstall all application -_- oni + oni AE + 3ds max + 3d maya + 3ds backburner FX,smoke,fire it take a fucking lot of time omg -_- i've forget and all oni tool for extract data and 3ds max XSI -_-

#48 06/14/11 11:06

3D-Map-Universe

my old computer is dead i've killed my processor with 3ds max lol every day with V-ray renderer and lightning + antialiasing x16

#49 06/14/11 12:06

Yoriko

It would be interesting to see what you can do once you're all set. smile

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#50 06/14/11 12:06

3D-Map-Universe

yes, a great model can take me 1 week at 15 hours by day long and hard (no texture)

Board footer