Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 06/13/11 12:06

3D-Map-Universe

***Welcome Back And Project***

hi evrybody (gumby) (iritscene) and all other ^^,that's a long time... i don't know if you remember me,i have previously logged at feolthanos or nightshade i forget big_smile. I post this why because i start the project tommorow or in 2 Day,what is the project ? the project is completly remake ONI,i'm a 3D modeler i use 3ds max and maya 3D,what else i'm a proffesionnal mapper,with Unreal Engine,Hammer or 3DS max exemple Galaxy's editor for starcraft 2 and professional map with Unreal engine like mirror's edge and other games support it. so what i start for oni,i create new map with 3ds max remake all character,particle for gun and i create new anim and cinematics,exemple:the mutation of muro with greates particle. new map with new objective level anim etc,and i have an idea IF FLATLINE ARE PLAYEABLE ONLINE I MAKE A SPECIAL COOPERATION MAP. see you !

#2 06/13/11 12:06

Dirk Gently
Website

Re: ***Welcome Back And Project***

make sure it is cross platform neutral

#3 06/13/11 12:06

3D-Map-Universe

?

#4 06/13/11 12:06

Dirk Gently
Website

are you saying to are remaking the game?

#5 06/13/11 13:06

Lithium

Looks like he is trying to remake the game...by himself hmm

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#6 06/13/11 13:06

TOCS

Wow, I once learned not to volunteer to much around here. There's always work to be done. ^_^ You might just wanna start small.

#7 06/13/11 13:06

Lithium

Yeah seems too ambitious to start remaking the game

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#8 06/13/11 13:06

Dirk Gently
Website

if yes, then make it cross-platform.

#9 06/13/11 14:06

3D-Map-Universe

i completly work to remake the (graphics,animation,maps,sounds) but the problems is who can programmed exemple throw the enemy and the enemy hit the wall with my anim,for resume the story i completly remake all Model,Texture,anim,map,sound,speech,cutscene,story réel texture like the floor with great lightning and texture not the fucking redeimensioned texture i've seen in the forum,sound,effect (fire,gun bullet,plasma,plasma shield,muro lightning bolt) and 14 new map for a new story.

#10 06/13/11 14:06

3D-Map-Universe

if gumby can integrate Physx + Antialiasing or Ambiant Occlusion the game can look beautiful

#11 06/13/11 14:06

Dirk Gently
Website

You are talking about making a new game on an existing engine about IP which is not public domain. I see a flaw in this nice idea. Not to mention I think gumby might have one or two things to say about this tongue

#12 06/13/11 14:06

TOCS

You gotta know more than just 3d modelling to be capable of doing all this. You gotta know pretty much every binary of Oni (TRAC, TRAM, ONCC, TXMP etc.), you need to have a decent amount programming knowledge (C, C++, C# etc.) and you probably wanna spend months searching the sounds of your desire.

There's a reason this is a community; to build the game as a team, not solo. It would take years to fully remake the whole game the way you're visioning it. I'm sorry but you really sound unrealistic to me. tongue You can't "just" integrate physics, anti-aliasing and ambient occlusion to a game that's this old, without having the source code or porting it to another engine.

You make it sound like it's a piece of cake, to be honest. tongue I'd just pick one thing to focus on, and do my best at it. You're really obtaining a task that's impossible. smile

P.S. If you want anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering etc. take a look at your Nvidia Control Panel/Catalyst Control Panel. (This actually made me doubt about your "talents"). <.<

#13 06/13/11 14:06

3D-Map-Universe

no, i just entire remake the Graphics,sounds,map,texture,model,animation,effect,cutscene,speech,story.

#14 06/13/11 14:06

TOCS

Uhhh, what? Read my post again dude. It was a response to your plans.

#15 06/13/11 14:06

3D-Map-Universe

ah,sorry yes i know,i can remake all of the game Graphics,sounds,map,texture,model,animation,effect,cutscene,speech,story. but i'm not a programmer to inject new option to the engine.

#16 06/13/11 14:06

TOCS

If you're really capable of doing all this, how would you manage to do the speech, sounds and story? You would need more than just one to work on that.

I think you just need to settle down, and just take a small bite of it all. You know, back when I joined this community I were pretty much acting like you did. I wanted it all. But sooner or later you'll realize that's it's quite impossible.

#17 06/13/11 15:06

3D-Map-Universe

i add new dialog to the game good idea no ? i have full version of cubase,3ds max 2011 3d maya. and what your project for remake the game ?? i need to understand what do you explain

#18 06/13/11 15:06

TOCS

Okay, let's make this clear: I doubt can do this by yourself.

Really, just pick something like 3d modelling and start of by that.

#19 06/13/11 15:06

3D-Map-Universe

i start tomorrow or in 2 day, i buy a new computer xD

#20 06/13/11 15:06

3D-Map-Universe

if you need to ask me that's my msn deadfeol8@hotmail.fr lol we post like a chat room ^^

#21 06/13/11 15:06

3D-Map-Universe

you can help me if you know how to modelled with 3ds max and 3d maya,because i just one and for completly remake......... it's not enough 1modeler lol can just create new level,for remake the game (graphics)etc... it's very very longggggg

#22 06/13/11 15:06

3D-Map-Universe

lol good idea, i import kerrigan model (from starcraft 2) and i export it to oni like the female muro mutation lol,but i don't know if it's authorised, i think it's  no ?

#23 06/13/11 15:06

EdT
Website

Welcome back, I look forward to your ambitious work on improving Oni.

I suggest you wait on the level maps, since we are not able to import any maps with pathfinding grids, so the AI's won't know how to move around.

But new or upgraded character and weapon models will be great.

#24 06/13/11 15:06

3D-Map-Universe

Ah,good to see you xD ok i let's start to remake all gun and effect gun, after, i create 3 or 4 gun xD

#25 06/13/11 15:06

3D-Map-Universe

EdT, just a question, there are no modeler here ? it's good to have a programmer but where the modeler ?? oni can become a great game if he are remaked but i just one, this is slow and long, i cant work in 3 file in same time, remake 3D gun,remake texture and lightning effect,and remake sound, i can remake all 3D model texture etc,and after all its done if gumby can inject physx engine like KONOKO PAYNE oni become a great old remaked games. EdT who can help me!

Board footer