Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 06/13/11 21:06

Lukas Kreator

Re: XMLEquality - Open Beta

Please, tell me the Mac Creator, Mac Type, etc. of the XML file extension so I can try to fix that.

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (06/14/11 14:06)

#27 06/13/11 21:06

Dirk Gently
Website

OSX does not use those attributes anymore. OS9 did, but not OSX.

#28 06/14/11 13:06

Lukas Kreator

Both links updated. Try that, please.

And thanks for the tip, Dirk.

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (06/14/11 14:06)

#29 06/14/11 17:06

EdT
Website

Its working on the Mac:

XMLEquality.jpg

Though many of the sections do not show any info when selected, such as basically from Offset_0098 to HoveringHeight

Also, with Add Multiple Files you cannot select multiple files and selecting one does not load.
I used Add Single file and couple of times to get the 3 entries

It's a good start.

#30 06/14/11 18:06

Lukas Kreator

Thanks.

Something makes Macs not able to load multiple files at once here... I have no idea what. All I can do is add an "add folder" button. Tell me if you'd like it...
Well, these sections are just identation or stuff you don't want to see anyway smile I may be able, however, to show values of single item tags, like "MaxShots".

#31 06/14/11 18:06

EdT
Website

Well, these info could be useful: smile
        <RecoilAnimationType>AutopistolRecoil</RecoilAnimationType>
        <ReloadAnimationType>ReloadPistol</ReloadAnimationType>
        <PauseAfterReload>25</PauseAfterReload>
        <MaxShots>10</MaxShots>
        <ParticleCount>6</ParticleCount>
        <FiringModeCount>1</FiringModeCount>
        <PauseBeforeReload>10</PauseBeforeReload>
        <ReleaseDelay>4</ReleaseDelay>
        <EmptyWeaponSound>weapon_empty</EmptyWeaponSound>
        <Glow>TXMPw1_glow</Glow>
        <GlowAmmo>TXMPw1_glow_ammo</GlowAmmo>
        <GlowTextureScale>1 1</GlowTextureScale>
        <PickupHandleOffset>1.83903384 0.08266561 0.145393461</PickupHandleOffset>
        <HoveringHeight>0</HoveringHeight>

#32 06/14/11 18:06

Iritscen

I actually wanted an Open Folder button from the beginning, myself smile  (Not that I ever said this out loud, but that was my preference.)  The trick is how the program will handle a folder with multiple file types.  Just go with the type that it encounters first alphabetically?  You have to figure that out.  Also, this is where it comes in handy if you put a field in the upper-left (or wherever) that says "ONWC", so the user knows that the program has decided to look only at that file type.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#33 06/14/11 18:06

Dirk Gently
Website

Fun fact: open document display dialog should be able to natively open multiple documents unless to tell it to disallow this behavior specifically.

#34 06/14/11 18:06

Lukas Kreator

Fun Fact: RealBasic does not support this feature cross-platform, and I just discovered it. However, I will make the Open Folder button right now. Also added some of EdT's suggestions.

EDIT: Updated.

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (06/14/11 18:06)

#35 06/14/11 20:06

EdT
Website

Looking good!

XMLEquallity3.jpg

The search for prefix works great!

#36 06/14/11 20:06

Iritscen

Looking great here too:

XML%20Equality%202.jpeg

Now I'm getting excited!  Nice work!  Do you mind if I give you some small suggestions for the UI design, or do you still plan to change some things yourself?

#37 06/14/11 20:06

Lukas Kreator

Thanks a lot! Finally something I made wich works to a completely usable extent big_smile
Feel free to suggest anything. Also, I already noticed the "Prefix to search" text is a bit cutted... I'll fix that tomorrow. Seems that the lists are also at weird positions... I'll have to download a Virtual Box this way :S

#38 06/14/11 21:06

Iritscen

Okay, since you asked for it, here's my list smile You already caught the "Prefix to search" field issue, so I took that out.

- The OCF button at the bottom pulsates at all times, because it's the default button in the window and that's what OS X does with default buttons.  While this looks cool at first, it quickly grows distracting :0)

- Interface elements (menus and dialogs) are in Portuguese :-3

- The Single File, Multiple Files, and Folder buttons are not self-explanatory because that control style is normally used for changing views (they're tabs).  You might want to put the word "Add" back in there somehow so the user knows what action they're performing when they click.  Maybe "Add: [ Single File | Mult. Files | Folder ]"?

- Change "Clear" to "Clear All" or "Remove All Files".

- The only larger recommendation I can make at this point is to group the data types on the lefthand side in an intelligent way so that you don't get a main view with just a single column when you choose something on the left.  Most data fields can be grouped with similar fields, for instance Glow, GlowAmmo, and GlowTexture can be grouped under the name of your choosing.  This will also reduce the length of the lefthand list, making it easier to peruse a file.

This will take some time, of course, because it's going beyond what's written in the XML file.  But don't be afraid to move around the data fields in a way that's logical, just because they're not consecutive in the actual XML file.  Perhaps we can offer suggestions on groupings that you could make for each file type, if it saves you some time.

#39 06/15/11 11:06

Lukas Kreator

- Oh, I didn't know that.

- And yes, I must learn how to fix that...

- I was planning to make three different buttons, but they would take too much space. I'll try something...

- Oh, you are right, "Clear" is a bit unclear smile

- I know what to do about that. When I'm done, I'll present my idea.

#40 06/15/11 16:06

Iritscen

Lukas Kreator wrote:

- I was planning to make three different buttons, but they would take too much space. I'll try something...

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that it's unacceptable to use tabs there instead of buttons, to save space, but there is a need to convey what action is being performed, like adding "Add:" to the left of the buttons.

#41 06/15/11 17:06

Lukas Kreator

I know, but I just don't like the fact that, natively, these buttons would be used for tabs. I don't want anyone to have problems using it. Anyway, I'm kind of "remaking" this part of the interface...

Board footer