Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/20/07 07:08

Pierre

Hiring gameplay programmers

Hi guys,

I'm moving end of september to Barcelona, where I'll work for GRIN as the lead gameplay programmer on a new project (3rd person shooter). I'm looking for gameplay programmers for my team.

I've been constantly impressed by what you guys achieved in ONI, without access to the source code or anything. So I just wonder what some of you could do in normal working conditions.... (Geyser? Loser? I'm talking to you here!)

If you're good, available and interested, please contact me for details. Note that we're looking for people with actual skills: if you only -played- ONI without contributing something back over the last years, it doesn't count smile

- Pierre

#2 08/20/07 09:08

geyser
Website

Re: Hiring gameplay programmers

By 3rd person shooter you mean "another GRAW"? smile
If it's something original/wacky, it may be interesting.

I didn't actually code anything until recently (porting).
If I'm "aware", it's thanks to Neo and SFeLi and Loser.

Gameplay programming... Will look around and see...
Even if I'm anything but available at the moment.

Last edited by geyser (08/20/07 09:08)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#3 08/20/07 10:08

EdT
Website

Pierre: Congrats on the new job! 

Perhaps you can convince your company to buy the rights to a certain game... smile

#4 08/23/07 22:08

itstemo1

empty

Last edited by itstemo1 (09/04/17 20:09)

#5 08/25/07 07:08

Loser

I am sorry, but count me out, Pierre. I am delighted by your offer, really. But....I am not a programmer, I don't know any programming language and, above all, I don't have a clue what those numbers represents. You can ask then: "how comes ??? You discovered lots of things, added this and etc etc."
The truth is that without ssg (overview table, bytes separation), Mirex (Unmass and Biturn programs), Oleg (IRF_Oni program) and Qodama (OLST scripting program) I could do NOTHING.

Take it this way: I am similar to Kevin Mitnick. I can do "wonders"(sorta), but I don't have a clue how. I just know that "when I change this, it will do that". If you want this kind of "programmer", then I will help you as much as I can and with pleasure on my side.
                                                                                                                                  Loser

Last edited by Loser (08/25/07 07:08)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

Board footer