It's in the readme for AE...
Didnt see it at all in the readme
What did you find lacking in the read-me, so we can improve it for the next release?
byproducts are fine, but where's the beef?
a simpler version:
1. Install .NET if you haven't yet: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d … laylang=en
2. Make sure your "Oni" folder isn't "read only" (right-click the folder and open "Properties")
- Windows refuses to accept to disabling it?
- This happens often under X:\Program Files
- Make a new folder on your desktop, let's say "games" and move your "Oni" folder into it
- disable the "read only" attribute of the "Oni" folder (and its subfolders)
3. Make sure you downloaded AE from Oni Mod Depot
- What was the link again ? http://mods.oni2.net/system/files/Editi … 010-05.zip
4. Unzip the archive and place the "Edition" folder into your "Oni" folder.
5. Goto Oni\Edition\install and run AEInstaller.exe
6. Close all related Oni windows but not the installer
7. Proceed the installation: click "yes" to globalize. This can take awhile, get a coffee or something. Start the game from inside the "Edition" folder. (run_win or run_full)
I tried following this but I can't instal .NET because I have a 64 bit operating system..
Maybe try this: http://alexborisov.org/?p=69
A guy there says it works on his Windows 7 64-bit, but Oni runs on my 32-bit without problems...
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours
Gumby: When I click that, the download button isn't clickable.. and If I get it to work, where do I put .NET? in the oni folder?
Unclickable? It works for me... Can you, dunno, take a screenshot or something? Not a very good idea to download it from another site, as this is the official one.
Better yet, try this: Download NET 64-bit
Also, you don't have to choose where to install .NET, it is kind of global, and things will work no matter where you install it.
Last edited by Lukas Kreator (9/6/11 18:21)
Okay thanks, now that .NET is in the process of downloading, I am still having MAJOR issues. Mostly addressed in my other topic. http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1913
Last edited by niftymuffins (9/6/11 18:36)