Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/25/11 17:04

Yoriko

Flatline installation

I'm not sure where to post this but I'd like to know what Flatline Alpha is and how do I make it work?

Is it internet multiplayer or is it lan? If it is internet how far away can the computers be located from each other without causing everything to lag rendering the game unplayable?

How far have you gotten with this project and how far from an official release are you?
(Maybe I should send this in a pm to a moderator but whatever)

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#2 04/25/11 18:04

TOCS

Re: Flatline installation

Flatline is a fan-based multiplayer adaption developed by Gumby. The project is still in alpha, and has a lot of bugs but it's still very playable. It's currently features both LAN and WAN game sessions, while LAN being the most efficient.

Lag issues would be caused by how many gateways/access points there's between the host and the client. Sometimes you can be lucky there's barely none, while other times you can be screwed. smile  i.e. I live in Denmark, and if I want to play with somebody, I'll probably have the best experience playing someone inside of Europe. It's possible with longer distances, but chances that it'll turn out good, is obviously lower.

You probably gotta ask Gumby that last question. He's the one to ask. smile

Last edited by TOCS (04/25/11 18:04)

#3 04/25/11 18:04

Yoriko

Well TOCS, do you live in Denmark or have you moved to another country, cause if you live in Denmark we can play toghether with (hopefully) small lag issues to think about smile I live in Sweden btw.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#4 04/25/11 18:04

TOCS

Yes, I do still live in Denmark. But I'm rather busy with my studies and work. Maybe we can catch up by the weekends or in a holiday to test it out. wink  I don't believe I'm the only European around here, though. smile

#5 04/25/11 18:04

Yoriko

Allright, so step by step how would I make this work?

#6 04/25/11 18:04

TOCS

You really like in-depth instructions, don't ya? tongue Anyways, I believe this is as detailed as it gets: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1782

Ergo, just replace your Daodan library with the one from the archive. It's really that simple. Everything else beyond that step; you'll need someone to test with.  I'm way too tired to do anything about it now. It's getting pretty late. Good luck. wink

#7 04/25/11 18:04

Samer
Website

i want to play someday too sad all my oni time is for modding .. i still haven't tried flatline hmm

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#8 04/26/11 01:04

Gumby

I've gotten something playable working, but it's nowhere near polished. Large portions still need rewritten. To be honest, it may never come to fruition. I've been working on something else recently, only tangentally related to Oni, which I'll make a post about sometime or another.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#9 05/01/11 11:05

Yoriko

Daodan library? I'm confused already. hmm

Last edited by Yoriko (05/01/11 11:05)

#10 05/01/11 11:05

Iritscen

The binkw32.dll file that comes with the Edition is the Daodan.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#11 05/06/11 13:05

Yoriko

How do you add npcs to the game when you've hosted? Are they stabil?

#12 05/06/11 13:05

Gumby

addbot *bot name here*

They are mostly stable, if I recall correctly.

#13 05/06/11 14:05

Yoriko

What are the bots names then? Say if I want to spawn a grunt striker do I just type addbot striker_easy?

#14 05/06/11 14:05

Yoriko

Do you have a list of console commands that I can look at?
I'd like to know how to unlock all doors in the level for instance.

#15 05/06/11 15:05

TOCS

Just take a look in the original BSL files. There should be some useful information.

#16 05/06/11 16:05

Iritscen

There's a list of console commands linked to from the wiki's BSL page (see link in the forum header).

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#17 05/06/11 16:05

Gumby

Yoriko wrote:

What are the bots names then? Say if I want to spawn a grunt striker do I just type addbot striker_easy?

No, it always spawns Konoko. tongue

#18 05/06/11 17:05

Yoriko

So I cant spawn any other character than Konoko when hosting?

#19 05/07/11 01:05

Gumby

Indeed. Sorry.

Board footer