You are not logged in.

#76 06/20/11 17:06

Samer
Website

Re: NEW CHARACTER: ** Hayate ** Version 3.5 updated on 01/07/2022

Beta Version released Check 1st post

Last edited by Samer (06/25/11 20:06)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#77 06/20/11 18:06

Lithium

Oh boy a beta big_smile

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#78 06/20/11 19:06

Lukas Kreator

I just tested him in the arena, because you know, I love new characters, and I have to say that you have done a great work!

I had no major problems aside from minimal FPS loss rarely. I hope you can add sword attacks big_smile

I liked the character (the hair is interesting, I had no idea that it could actually be done in Oni), the moves are great, and I also liked the voices smile

#79 06/20/11 19:06

Lithium

WHOA WHOA VOICES?

I have to play this now

#80 06/20/11 21:06

EdT
Website

Samer:  I have a fun idea for OTA in the junkyard... Samer's characters verses mine... big_smile 
So pick which characters (casey_d, hayate_b, etc) you want in it.

Though, I already know that with all your characters' powerful moves, you have an advantage...

#81 06/21/11 05:06

Samer
Website

glad to hear that lukas smile 
btw i forgot to mention the taunts in my earlier post .. he has 3 taunts ... i am going to change the taunt animation though to something like a kong fu salute don't know what to call it ... put hands together and bend head to greet opponent tongue

Edt, I like the idea smile I wouldn't be so sure about that advantage though tongue motoko is pretty tough, and i've never managed to beat the guard dogs or sentry droid before taking some serious damage.

If I had to pick just 1 character i'd go with casey_e ( lion jacket seems more junkyard appropriate tongue) cz i consider casey the most complete character i've made so far although not the most powerful.

if 2 characters then hayate_b and casey_e .. ( hayate_a is not mac ready yet)

if 3 characters then add shinatamabot to the mix ... ( but maybe we should get rid of the explosion temporarily to even the odds) or maybe kojiro.

bgi agents are low on the list for me cz i'm not satisfied with their moves currently.

and I think Jubei and Akane should be on ur team.

Last edited by Samer (06/21/11 18:06)

#82 06/21/11 05:06

Unit 2

I just tried Hayate out, he's definitely very interesting, and I'll have to learn how to use him properly. The running kick throw is definitely my favourite, and the voices are good too.

I'm looking forward to whatever comes next.

#83 06/21/11 14:06

Yoriko

Grrrrrr, with all the new characters installed I get crashes when using moves that has particle trails, which kind of new characters do I need to remove in order ot be able to play with Hayate? Those that use custom particle trails? I've removed all the weapons affecting particles btw.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#84 06/21/11 15:06

Samer
Website

i'm not sure sad try different ones (trail and error) .. the weapons should've fixed it. :\

if u're eager to test him try installing him as the only pack.

#85 06/21/11 15:06

Lithium

Mine kept crashing because of weapon packages I had :<

#86 06/21/11 16:06

Samer
Website

and after u uninstalled them, he worked ^_^ ?

#87 06/21/11 17:06

Lithium

Hell yea mang!

Anyway about Jester...I got some funny sounds from Mugen characters if you need some :X

#88 06/21/11 17:06

Yoriko

I've tried Hayate now, he's nice big_smile I especially like his forward and backward dodges, however the ninja running punch throw doesnt fit him IMO. (In My Opinion) I think he would look better with Konokos running kick throw or Muros running throw (running neck snap). Voices for the super moves sounds a bit more like an announcer than it comming from the character but that's just me having luxury problems. His attacks flow toghether really well.

Last edited by Yoriko (06/21/11 17:06)

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#89 06/21/11 18:06

Samer
Website

yoriko i intentionally detailed which moves are definitely staying and which are subject to change, and as u can see the running punch throw is among those i plan to change smile as i said i'm hoping for custom throws smile

and mm abt the sounds, once u get used to them u'll feel they're coming from the character himself, i didn't feel they're that different from konoko saying devil spin kick or striker saying striker's slash or whatever he says ... either way i think thecreature did a great job with them .. unless we have a professional actor and like a voice coach i think that's the best we can get, that's why the sounds are on the list of things that are staying as is.

and thanks for the feedback big_smile and i'm glad he worked for you .. hopefully later version will include more improvements.

oxe sorry i haven't replied before, it's cz i don't know what Mugen characters are :\ could u maybe post a sample ?

thecreature made some funny sounds but i still need some hurt sounds for him, heavy hurt sound, medium hurt sound, and for example him saying "that hurt didn't it big_smile" or some sort of taunts.
post what u think would fit him oxe.

Last edited by Samer (06/22/11 06:06)

#90 06/21/11 19:06

Lithium

It's a fighting game engine. The characters have their own voice files so I can get some from ones that have humorous sounds.

#91 06/21/11 19:06

Iritscen

Are we allowed to use those, legally?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#92 06/21/11 20:06

Lithium

Mugen is freeware so yes we are. Also I'm not using Crapcom sounds, mainly original ones for the joke character :B

#93 06/22/11 06:06

Yoriko

About the third outfit you're making Samer, could you upload a picture of which outfit the prince uses that you have in mind? Why not make prince of persia right away? (with face)

#94 06/22/11 06:06

Samer
Website

i will try to make something similar to this : prince-boxart.jpgPrince_Of_Persia_Forgotten_Sands_Box_Artwork.jpg key words are : try and similar tongue
the face being part of the outfit.

the outfits from sands of time and two thrones are a bit more complicated for me to make and both are white. He already has a white outfit, that's why i'm going with warrior within\ forgotten sands outfit.

#95 06/22/11 12:06

Lukas Kreator

I hope you can make it, because it would look great. Actually, by what I know about you, you will probabily do it smile

Oh, and will he have white eyes too? XD

#96 06/22/11 16:06

Yoriko

Yes, make sure you put some detailed work into the amulet on his chest. (it's got a lot of value in the story) I think the hair might be hard to fix but it's important!
You can hardly see his legs on the pictures but his pants are very wide and puffy alowing him to use his acrobatics skills to the fullest. I think his moveset should be very much like the ninja ones but with some elite striker brutality.

#97 06/22/11 19:06

Samer
Website

:\ ... i have played all the prince of persia games, starting back when it was a MS-DOS side scrolling game, finding all secrets and all that, I'm a big fan of the game. I know the value of the amulet and the dagger and razzi and kaylena and farah and the vizir and the dahaka and malek ... shall i go on tongue ? i'll put as much work on the amulet as time allows, there are a lot of other stuff to do.

about the moves. it's a third outfit for Hayate, so he is going to have hayate's moves smile .. the hair actually is going to be relatively easy, it's the arms that will be a pain. and yeah i know abt the pants ...

if u are expecting him to be like a perfect model of the prince of persia with all his moves then u're going to be disappointed.  "try" and "similar" are key words again.

and now that outfit isn't on the top of the list as i'm working on jester hammer and hydra.

@ Lukas thanks smile and no the eyes are going to be colored blue or brown i guess. even in the game the prince's eyes aren't white.

Last edited by Samer (06/22/11 19:06)

#98 06/23/11 15:06

EdT
Website

Samer: Can you please post Hayate's sounds as mp3 file, then I can convert them to Mac SNDD files.  Thanks

#99 06/23/11 19:06

Samer
Website

Here EdT .. thanks, if u also fix the textures then we'll have a mac compatible version, which is what i think u're already doing ^_^

http://www.mediafire.com/?a6mk3z18m5bongl

#100 06/23/11 19:06

Dirk Gently
Website

fix for mac? doesn't the mac intel support the same texture formats as pc?

Board footer