Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/07/11 18:02

EdT
Website

BGI Troopers

geyser has the idea for BGI troopers

"These are the guys supposed to deal not only with Muro's Strikers, but ultimately with (Mutant) Muro himself. Not bound by the WCG's regulations, they are physically enhanced by cyborgization and/or doping and thus can carry a full body armor similar to Barabas's or Mukade's. Or maybe they're just robots. "

This is the model he selected, it needs proper textures, probably custom moves and so on.

bgi_robot.jpg
Note: I just used a dark metallic texture as a sample.

Anyone wants to mod this trooper, it comes with 2 weapons.

#2 02/07/11 18:02

Lithium

Re: BGI Troopers

They look scary

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#3 02/07/11 23:02

Samer
Website

Edt this is the same as the alien model u sent me right ? does it have UV maps ?

btw cool looking weapon o_O

Last edited by Samer (02/07/11 23:02)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#4 02/07/11 23:02

EdT
Website

Samer: In this version, geyser did a much better job of aligning the body parts than me. 

It has UV maps, but I need to fix some of them, there are overlapping parts.  Also, the UV mapping is not at the same ratio.  When I use a checkerboard texture, the squares are not the same size on the model.  Some are large, others small, some are distorted. I don't know how well I can fix those issues.  Obviously, the trooper can't have highly detailed textures.

bgi_robot2.jpg

Last edited by EdT (02/08/11 00:02)

#5 02/08/11 17:02

Samer
Website

Edt .. for the checkboard thing u can simply decrease the size of the checkboard instead of changing the uvs. ( i think)
for example when i was making casey's jacket the shoulders showed larger patterns like the knees and chest in ur character .. so for example on the shoulders i used particles with spacing = 50 while on the rest of the torso i used spacing = 100.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

Board footer