Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 01/27/11 19:01

Dirk Gently
Website

Re: Name my Editor

it is either a mod or a program. and it is a different person, no confusion there.

#52 01/27/11 19:01

Samer
Website

dirk i didn't understand ur comment. what do u mean a different person.
if u read this sentence : New version of Kojiro released what will it mean to u.
or for example downloading Kojiro from the depot.
I just personally like the word editor in the name or something that implies its function.
but it's Lukas's decision after all smile

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#53 01/27/11 19:01

Dirk Gently
Website

Context, you are looking at this without context.

So it is cool that I can eat chips, but I cannot call the RAM-things that go into my computer chips as well because I lack a sense of context? It is not like the same person is making both, stop being an ass.

#54 01/27/11 19:01

Gumby

Samer, the character Kojiro isn't even yours to begin with.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#55 01/27/11 19:01

Lithium

Guess he doesn't want someone to steal his thunder tongue

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#56 01/27/11 19:01

Samer
Website

I didn't say it is ! Gumby ... I just executed it. I didn't even know there was a kojiro till i saw earlier models by you guys and read about it in th wiki! :\
so what is ur problem ? what did I do that upset u now ?
all i said was I personally prefer another name and gave a reason for my opinion.
you all said ur opinion and ur name preferences and so did I and as I said it's Leuk's decision. that makes me an ass ? thanks Dirk. What exactly did I say that was "assy" ?
I really can't win this discussion. so I'm gonna shut up. sorry for I don't know what exactly but sorry. tc

#57 01/27/11 19:01

Samer
Website

oh ok ... i see how this is going to go smile dirk calls me an ass .. the moderator backs him up ... oxe makes a typical lame joke ... ok have fun.

#58 01/27/11 19:01

Gumby

I already chastised Dirk over IM for calling you an ass. Flaming is not allowed in these forums. Nobody is upset at you, this is just a case of misunderstanding.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#59 01/27/11 20:01

Dirk Gently
Website

samer, it came off as you were just trying to restate your post without consider what I said. While yes, they are both the same name it is a completely different context for that each. I called you an ass because it seemed that you being flippant with me over what I said by ignoring me and acting like I am a moron rather than reading my post. Apologies.

also he does not lie...

* Gumby hits dirk with a large trout

Last edited by Dirk Gently (01/27/11 20:01)

#60 01/27/11 20:01

Samer
Website

no i wasn't acting like u're a moron :S i really didn't understand what u meant by a different person .. i thought u were talking about another kojiro or something (english isn't my first language) .. i didn't understand that u meant the modders. yes u are right i forgot that one will also see the name of the modder. i was just visualizing it as a file named Kojiro on the depot and i thought that would be confusing. but i guess that's why there are categories in the depot one would be under character packages & one would be under mod tools .. I have been away for a long time so i kinda forgot the organization ..
it was a misunderstanding. no harm done. tc .. looking forward to ur editor Leukas.

#61 01/27/11 20:01

Lithium

Samer wrote:

oh ok ... i see how this is going to go smile dirk calls me an ass .. the moderator backs him up ... oxe makes another lame joke...

I love you too...but i have changed, seriously, i would have -5 Karma by now

So Tomorrow's the day...Kojiro it is then ^_^?
Wow 10 years of Oni

Edit: How about we add something to an update, such as "Kojiro Pad" or "Kojiro XML" Update when we want to be specific on who it is

Last edited by Lithium (01/27/11 20:01)

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#62 01/28/11 01:01

Lukas Kreator

About the discussion, well, when we have no context we could say Kojiro Editor for the editor. Kojiro is just the nickname when we are already talking about it, I guess... And yeah, the release is tomorrow... But keep in mind that this release will be the beggining, more like a public Beta to test what I can do and what won't work.

About the character Kojiro: you are right, I really liked him, he's one of my favorite characters smile

Also, glad to meet you, Samer, I like your Kojiro model, coloring and moves (pardon me if any of these is not actually yours). I tought you had left the forum, so I didn't post anything like a feedback...

UPDATE: The editor will be released at 29th January, but unforseen facts force me to release it at noon, later than expected. Sorry.

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (01/28/11 16:01)

Board footer