Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/20/10 09:12

Acelain

a Request for a mod.

You know when konoko falls from great height she loses health? or if high enough even dies?
Im asking for a mod that replaces lost of health with a short period of immobility and vulnerability - to an extent.
it would require an extra animation, but this is how im hoping it would work:

10~12 feet drop - is immobile/vulnerable for .8 second.
13~ 17 feet drop - is immobile/vulnerable for 1.3 seconds
and so forth UNTIL  lets say 30 feet ( i say this because if during a mission and there is no way back up to where you fell - you are stuck, and the death would be a lot easier than making some sort of pathway back)

after all she is special and should have some more perks

Last edited by Acelain (12/20/10 09:12)

#2 12/20/10 17:12

TheCreature

Re: a Request for a mod.

Umm... I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but I'm not sure how much point there is to this mod.  My reasoning is this:

If you fall far enough to die, you're already past that 30 foot mark.  And for below that, I've voluntarily jumped at least 30 feet off a building so that I could get at some strikers, and I survived  with enough health to fight.

Also:  If you fall far enough to take damage, I believe you get knocked down anyways, leaving you immobile for a second. 

So, you see why I would leave it be.  Although, I could see us using something like this for a Parkour based level, with extreme jump distances.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#3 12/20/10 18:12

Iritscen

Yeah, TheCreature has a good point.  I didn't respond right away because I was trying to figure out how to even do this as a mod.  I believe that the current physics are hard-coded into Oni, not part of the game data.  But currently, when Konoko falls far enough to be damaged, she has a crouch animation that she goes into.  This takes a bit to recover from, similar to your suggestion.  You can also over-heal Konoko in order to survive some long falls without even going below 100% health.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 12/21/10 00:12

Gumby

Physics aren't hardcoded into the game, you can alter them through the ONCC.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#5 12/21/10 11:12

Stevinlewis

I know im stating the obvious but....  20/12/10 23:01 omg!!!! 2012!!! And back to topic: how big is a "feet"? How do you measure it? ._.

#6 12/21/10 11:12

Iritscen

Well, Google has a handy conversion tool.  Just go there and type in "10 feet" as if you're searching, and it will show you how many meters that is.  But roughly speaking, a foot is a third of a meter.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#7 12/23/10 00:12

Stevinlewis

No but how do you calculate it ingame? smile

#8 12/23/10 11:12

TheCreature

Usually it's relative to the characters on-screen.  Konoko is about 5' tall.  I just estimate by sight.

That what you meant?

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#9 12/24/10 08:12

Stevinlewis

Haha. Yerp. That was what i meant big_smile. I always wondered how people how measure length in game.

Board footer