Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#151 08/05/07 16:08

geyser
Website

Re: Movies

@ paradox & Loser:
Be sure to grab the latest stable release of OUP (not an earlier version, and not the WIP thing). There were a few bugs in hex-edit and import, but thanks to Alloc's dedication and feedback by dedicated users wink  they're all gone (apparently) in the latest stable release, which is 0.34b

@ gomenasai:
Followup expected on the nikanabo thread: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 2389#p2389
Let's make that clear: I really expect a followup. Enough gomenasai for you wink

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#152 08/18/07 07:08

paradox-01

I will try the binary mod when I've more time again. But for now I tested Loser's new script.
Because of the inspiration by Naruto I named the vid in same direction.. "Mukade's shadow double"
The double is alive as long as the real Mukade, the clone might have a tenth of health don't know exactly.
Without a bit lariat-ing and a short screamer hit I died in general. The additionally darkness is very challenging .. same for viewing the video wink
PS: somtimes I've the feeling that the second Mukade is camping on the elevator - please, someone else can check this during the play?
PPS: the sound of Mukade's running might help you in the dark (even when Oni is not in stereo).

Last edited by paradox-01 (08/18/07 16:08)

#153 08/18/07 11:08

geyser
Website

Impressive. As I said in my comment on YT:

There are only 2 fight-capable Mukades in the original Rooftops.
One could add many more with the chr_set_class command , though.

Thanks a lot for making "decoys" a reality.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#154 08/25/07 17:08

geyser
Website

Another fan, with an original way to play Oni smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JICOj6_6CyI

Last edited by geyser (09/09/07 09:09)

#155 09/09/07 09:09

geyser
Website

I made paradox's Mukade doppelpwnage into a new Serious Konoko episode.

Serious Konoko Ep. 6 - Fight!
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBDyTBnPwDU
WMV: http://geyser.oni2.net/video/SK06-Fight.wmv (10 MB)
BSL: http://geyser.oni2.net/video/roof_fight.rar

Last edited by geyser (09/09/07 09:09)

#156 09/09/07 12:09

Tyr
Website

Very nice one! big_smile

#157 10/25/07 14:10

Tyr
Website

I made a new movie, in my series of Oni Challenges (No Damage) big_smile,

As I'm (probably some of you as well cool) still doing the final battle (Griffin alive, hard difficulty) in my free time a few times when I feel up to it.
And then I had this idea, do this battle without getting damage (the whole level without damage has a nihil chance of success tongue).

The Final Battle - Oni Challenge (no damage)
The movie can be found here on youtube:  link.
Any comments, questions etc. PM me, post here or at Youtube's comments.

I can understand if you might not like it (you'll need a very distinctive strategy with a lot of running around roll tongue).
Sorry then, but I'll try to make more in the future with other challenging limits/objectives wink.

Greetings smile,

//Tyr

Last edited by Tyr (11/14/07 13:11)

#158 12/01/07 06:12

Loser

Just a quick interesting thing I noticed. VIDEO
Everybody here knows you (without hacks) cannot throw enemy over the fence or rail. But in fact there is one way how to do it WITHOUT HACKS. Watch the video, then try it out yourself, if you want.

1st part
Saw that? Apearently, you CAN throw enemies over the rail, but just in case that you throw them with some high-lifting throw, such us Konoko's running leg throw or her fw_k throw AND you are throwing them on stairs. But we already know that animation is related to the ground. Base of the collision sphere should always stick to the ground even when character is sent flying by some throw (JUMPING is something different, when you jump, collision sphere unsticks).So what's going on??? OK, let's turn collision sphere view on and watch it once again.

2nd part, double slowmo, KONCOMthrow_fw_k_tgt
You can see that base of the sollosion sphere suddenly "jumps" over the rail, so victim is sent flying. But WHY it jumps over ??? Dunno.

3rd part, double slowmo, KONCOMrun_thw_fw_k_tgt
This is interesting. Appearently this works also when you are throwing someone from stairs and there is an obstacle in a way which is NOT part of stairs, but still can be overflownby poor victim. Key is that throw starts on stairs.
This slowmo also shows something else. Base of the collision sphere stays sticked to the ground until it (now stretched because of the animation)  touches the rail. That moment colision box is unsticked, but it looks like animation of the throw is continuing without any problems, no sudden movements up or down. Weird, if you consider hypothesis that "base of the collision sphere acts as the base of the animation height" as true one...

The end is interesting bug which sometimes happens if you toy with this feature, but throw is not so long that victim will reach the rail. But it happens only sometimes. KONCOMthrow_fw_k_tgt used.

Anyway, I have posted it in order to make it a question for all modders: can we discover WHY this happens and use it, so player can finally throw enemies over the rail, fence, table etc...???

So long, Loser

P.S.: Another thingie popped in my mind- I tried to use other animations which elevate character, but surprisingly it seems that only melee animations (TRAM has 02 variant) which elevate character high enough are capable of this. From other (non melee) anims I have tested "KONOKOlev11_jump 150". Base of the collision sphere stayed stick to the stairs, character didn't overflew.

Last edited by Loser (12/01/07 06:12)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#159 12/01/07 09:12

geyser
Website

This is not a "question for all modders". Just for SFeLi, Neo, and myself smile
We might fix that the way we fixed the projectile awareness, who knows?
Thanks for the video, anyway, it offers a very nice overview of the issue.

Sorry I didn't reply to your PM yet, about the Seventh Anniversary and such.
Have a look at the Edition thread and at the globalization test there. Try it out.
We've made all character classes and animations global. That's already cool.
I mean, you can now set up any encounter anywhere in Oni with BINA/CHAR.
Also, it is now very easy for a modder to supply CHAR, TRGV and other BINA.
If you have any time at all to spend on Oni, how about new CMBT and MELE?
Even if you can't afford to author them yourself, let's at least talk about it.

There's more to that Anniversary project (e.g., 100% new content). Later.

#160 12/07/07 16:12

EdT
Website

Just having fun with the Edition version.  I made a new video called Shinatama's Revenge:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dilPHTRBrWA

#161 12/07/07 18:12

Your_Mom
Website

lol nice...but lots of cheating going on there tongue

droid803sig.jpg

#162 12/07/07 22:12

EdT
Website

but lots of cheating going on there

I just used glassworld, liveforever, canttouchthis, shapeshifter, fatloot and Dev Mode smile

#163 12/08/07 10:12

Ultimatum479

Liveforever? I thought I saw the Mercury Bow take out a chunk of her health. Too lazy to go and watch it again, though. My connection's being stupidly slow today.

Work in progress...

#164 12/08/07 12:12

Your_Mom
Website

How did you jump that high then? did you hack for the jetpack thing?

droid803sig.jpg

#165 12/17/07 15:12

Loser

Hello guys,
HERE you can download my newest MELE experiment (Brutal Konoko V2, it is profile number 16). And HERE you can see it in action. It is literary as in the anime NOIR...

Loser
P.S. for big G: This is the best MELE artifical intelligence I can produce in ONI. I simply cannot get more smartness from it even tough I had tried really hard. Simply put, in 1vs1 match EVERY AI can be defeated "fingez'n da nose". I cannot change that no matter how hard I am trying. Damn it, this AI can fight out whole crowd of "normal" AIs and survive (or at least kill 3/4 of those guys), but go into 1vs1 match and you can defeat it in 3 minutes. I am sorry, I really don't know what to do...

P.S.2 for everyone: I have found a rather nasty glitch which allows you (player) to defeat almost every AI quite easily. Question is: how??? Try to post your guesses. And no, I don't mean 10 minutes of constant running and sliding/runthrowing. It is something faster....

Last edited by Loser (12/17/07 15:12)

#166 12/17/07 18:12

geyser
Website

Hm. Will try to include an AI with that profile ASAP. Either sidekick or enemy, she'll rock.
One thing I don't understand though. At what moment are you in control of the "player"?
I mean, are you playing for the central Konoko the whole way through? at the end only?

#167 12/17/07 20:12

Ultimatum479

The whole way through, he was the player and the AI was the sidekick, I think...He was spamming the Devil Spin Kick a lot (-.-) and the sidekick wasn't, so I doubt they were controlled by the same AI.

Work in progress...

#168 12/17/07 23:12

Loser

I am the player (char with camera focused on) from the beginning to the end, AI2 powered konoko takes care of herself. As you can see, she  behaves similar to player - DSK spam ^_^. But seriously, thank you guys for "What is your favourite move ?" thread. It helped me in deciding which moves should have more weight.

And to be not so pessimistic - 1vs1 she is piece of cake, but try 2vs1 (two 16 profile powered enemies) and suddenly it is hard like h##l.

I will focuse on strikers now. But if you want somerhing else, geyser, just say it.
                                                                                                                                             Loser

P.S.: Ultimanium479: Trust me, sidekick DSK-spammed more than me. ^_^

#169 12/18/07 00:12

EdT
Website

Loser: Great work! Here's my fun with it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEK3vbMFqX8

Note: I'm also using your Striker's melee.

#170 12/18/07 00:12

Gumby

Does the glitch involve backbreaking? If so, I know what it is, but don't know how to reliably pull if off...

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#171 12/18/07 04:12

geyser
Website

I will focuse on strikers now. But if you want somerhing else, geyser, just say it.

Well, I'd try to adapt this kick-ass AI to other TRAC.
Threads like "What is your favourite move ?" might help.
However, it's not a good idea to omit "useless" moves smile
For example, what if the AI Konoko never uses Twister Kicks?
What if she rarely uses directional kicks when a little crowded?
She then becomes 1) annoying; 2) predictable.
So, similar to a bad human player somehow smile

#172 12/20/07 00:12

EdT
Website

Sometimes, you just can't win:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTrZsktgYPs

EDIT: Just a little background, Muro, Barabas and NinjaZip were added to level1. Shinatama was given Konoko's TRAC. Shinatama and the bot were given Konoko's melee profile, which was modified to Loser's Brutal Konoko profile.

Last edited by EdT (12/20/07 22:12)

#173 12/21/07 06:12

Loser

Have you ever had a feeling that the best way of dealing with the reality is to run, run and be free......?
This is tribute (and Christmas present) to geyser and ZDLO. Русская сила!!!
Video
                                                                                                                    Loser

P.S.: Yes, I have modified jump, but just a little. It was necessary for achieving effect I wanted. Whole video was done by record/playback function. I did a piece of run, recorded it and then shooted with Fraps. Oh, and there is invisible wall after SP3. You have to turn *p3_everything_breakable* on and shoot it, if you want to do this run. Apart from that, everybody can do this run as well, it does not require any special skills.

Last edited by Loser (12/21/07 06:12)

#174 12/21/07 10:12

EdT
Website

Loser: That is an amazing video.  I really like the camera postions and angles you used. You have movie editing and directing skills!
Don't forget to post it on YouTube

#175 12/22/07 17:12

geyser
Website

Don't forget to post it on YouTube

That's right, Loser. If you don't, I will smile

Board footer