Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#826 06/13/13 12:06

Samer
Website

Re: Movies

Getting off topic a bit.
Even with the updated hd konoko that was given lower lods, i still get buffer overflow when she does rising fury punch while wearing a forcefield or phase cloak near other hd models or particles .. Example i get it near lasers or the fog .. So avoid giving it any moves with motion blur as well.
the textures max limit is 512 x 512, mac users seem to experience slow down when 512 is used, however pc users don't seem to get that problem.

@edt regarding hanako ... That's disappointing tongue in my tests i was playing against AI hanako and she was really hard to beat as seen in my video above vs hayate (same melee profile)... I didn't test it vs other AI characters especially konoko, when i put her against konoko she loses, but wins vs other ai characters. the melee id 22 currently in my binacjbo file is a slightly modified version of brutal konoko so it's rather powerful. The rest are vanilla profiles and the other custom profiles are built from scratch using vanilla profiles. I did that for the fight club as evil konoko is meant to be more challenging than hayate.
giving hanako konoko's melee profile is also a smart thing since they do share almost all of the moves except konoko's twister kicks.

Motoko and city are looking great.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#827 06/16/13 09:06

Samer
Website

#828 06/16/13 15:06

Lithium

Good thing I don't touch Rooftops at all.. seems like you went a bit overboard with Hanako and Hayate @__@

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#829 06/16/13 16:06

Samer
Website

define overboard ... you face hayate alone once in state building, and hanako alone once in the rooftops ... then once together in the rooftops as final guards for muakde ... they have lower health when they're together though and even lower health in dream lab. the rest is just cutscenes.

P.S the locations chosen were inspired by your suggestion previously Lithium smile http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 731#p42731

Last edited by Samer (06/16/13 17:06)

#830 06/17/13 22:06

EdT
Website

Life in the city... I had an idea for a moving vehicle in Oni.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iiyi8SH … e=youtu.be

#831 06/17/13 22:06

Lithium

That looks promising

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#832 06/17/13 22:06

Knox

That video made me think: What if Oni was open world? With like, that city as an overworld? That would be sweet.

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#833 06/18/13 03:06

Jon God

What happens if you get hit by it, EdT?

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#834 06/18/13 07:06

Iritscen

If you keep going far enough, it might make Oni look like Urban Chaos smile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6dtPQeIfXY

UC came out in 1999 and the outside world is about 100x more lively than Oni's.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#835 06/18/13 09:06

EdT
Website

The car just moves around you and keeps going on its path.

Wow UC sure has a lot of things moving around.  I won't go that far smile

#836 06/18/13 10:06

Samer
Website

EdT is the car a character with a patrol path and bomber death particle  ? ^_^

#837 06/18/13 12:06

EdT
Website

Samer: Yup!

#838 06/19/13 04:06

ltemplar

Nice.

If we where only allowed to use more than 32 characters per one save point, then something like open world could become really possible in ONI.
For example if we use scale for characters 4 times smaller than used one, then we get 4 times bigger world map(from 800x800 meters allowed up to .3200x3200 meters, and that's something).The only problem is the number of characters stashed in the memory.

And I see EdT that you take into consideration my advice to create more lively looking environment(did I saw the particles(trials) that where simulating flaying planes afar?).

Ltemplar.

#839 06/19/13 11:06

EdT
Website

I suppose one way to work around the 32 character limitation is to use triggervolumes to spawn characters when you enter an area and delete the ones from the previous area.

Yes your suggestion for a more lively environment gave me the idea to try adding a car as a character.  The jets were particles from the Airport level.

#840 06/19/13 13:06

ltemplar

Hmm... trigger volumes, but from my knowledge once activated can't be activated again. So if player decide for example to leave the area (the script automatically delete all chars from it) and then decide enter it again then..opss..no chars there. So this will not work until someone create the loop script that will repopulate it every time the player will show in there(and for every similar cage).
Heh I once have an idea to add  TCTF vehicles on patrol patch near the apartment level(Yes I recharge it's story a lot).Then konoko need to get there unspotted by them, or risk the full confrontation with called backup. Some of them can even carry few TCTF officers for fast reaction (because the backup need some time to arrive there).Then the "backup" will be never endingcoming reinforcements(or have really big number of chars) ,till you leave "hot" zone or she get owned by them(game over).But I never manage to teleport them in proper distance(enough to spot her but not so small that this will look silly).So I drop that idea. But who knows maybe I'll reconsider it?After all something like that(so close appearance) can be explained by active thermo-optic camouflage used by the TCTF force.

Ltemplar.

Last edited by ltemplar (06/19/13 13:06)

#841 06/19/13 21:06

EdT
Website

Well a TV can be reset with the command trigvolume_reset, so I guess in theory when you enter into first TV it would span the characters, when entering second TV, deletes all chars in first TV and then resets it, then span new characters.  Someday, I'll have to test it.

#842 06/20/13 03:06

Gumby

Or get more creative with how you spawn the units. You can run a function with each save point to spawn more characters. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#843 06/22/13 12:06

Samer
Website

Video Showcase of Motoko's new version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbfE6k2ulW4

I uploaded it as 1280x720 ... but for me only the 240p option is showing up .. do you guys see the higher resolution options sad ?
I uploaded it same way I uploaded my previous videos that had the 720 resolution and on youtube it says HD but it's not showing except the 240p
I had a power cut during upload and resumed it after not sure if that broke the resolution or something .. my previous uploads were also all interrupted but the time it took to be able to resume this one was longer (8 hours vs 6 or 4)

Last edited by Samer (06/22/13 12:06)

#844 06/22/13 13:06

s10k
Website

Yes I do see 720p option. smile

Looks great btw, good work!

#845 06/30/13 04:06

Loser

Finally had some time to toy around with Samer's work (Sam's Mega Pack).
Here is the result. Feedback regrading the mod will be served in the Modifications section.

Good work, Samer ^_^

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#846 06/30/13 05:06

Samer
Website

thanks for the video Loser big_smile
I like how you showcased the normal battling at first (I like your battling style and the use of taunts tongue) and then the tricks at the end ... I never thought of taking out the grey fury that way, that was smart ... and I guess Kojiro is never gonna have kids after that tongue
I recommend trying the hayate and hanako fights next ^_^

#847 07/01/13 13:07

EdT
Website

BGI and Syndicate battle for control of the city

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV662N6H … e=youtu.be

#848 07/19/13 03:07

tens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ohLDpv … e=youtu.be
A battle between legends, monsters, Martial Artists, they have many names. All we know is that they are Konoko and Sarai! Let the Mortal Combat begin!

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#849 08/17/13 23:08

EdT
Website

Testing the AI pathfinding skills: http://youtu.be/GFbamj63z8Y

This video demonstrates why I enjoy Oni so much, using the simple command ai2_attack Mukade 0, causes the computer to calculate a path to Konoko's location and when that location changes, it will calculate a new path.

This demo is using a new part to the City level.  I still have to work on completing the bnvs and ghost quads for this new part.  Then comes the scripting.

#850 08/18/13 06:08

s10k
Website

Indeed interesting the path finding algorithm.

Board footer