Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#751 04/12/13 00:04

Samer
Website

Re: Movies

new showcase video of Jester and Co. demonstrating their most prominent moves and combos ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci44KaCq … e=youtu.be

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#752 04/14/13 18:04

Samer
Website

yes another one tongue
New video showcasing kojiro version 2.2 all his moves, combos, outfits and abilities, watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R8zuI5- … e=youtu.be

still one for hanako coming later so bare with me tongue

#753 05/01/13 15:05

paradox-01

random find of the day

oni half life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0v-hZZ_ofk

#754 05/01/13 18:05

Knox

Holy crap. That's incredible!

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#755 05/05/13 17:05

Samer
Website

This video showcases the package RAYMAN (Rayman character + bonus weapon) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtRac64h … e=youtu.be

#756 05/07/13 05:05

Samer
Website

Shinibot takes on Chapter 3 Barabas and Hanako takes on Chapter 6 Barabas, with "Smart Barabas" Mod installed playing on hard. No cheats except shapeshifter.
Take a look big_smile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASyyzfIc … e=youtu.be

#757 05/07/13 09:05

tens

roll  Add Brutal AI also, plus Jumpable earth shakers and then try it.  big_smile

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#758 05/07/13 10:05

Samer
Website

Brutal AI is already included in smart barabas tongue the melee profile in smart barabas is brutal AI + barabas's tctf melee changed.
you didn't mention jumpable earthquaker when you reported your problem tongue
you don't have to install every barabas mod btw tongue if you also add damagin regeneration it will be even more dificult.
anyway tongue another video using konoko will be up soon, and another using slower characters vs smart barabas.

Last edited by Samer (05/07/13 10:05)

#759 05/07/13 12:05

tens

i feel humiliated...but at the same time.. barabas isn't barabas when he isn't using earth shaker often tongue

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#760 05/07/13 14:05

Iritscen

Well, don't feel bad, Samer is obviously skilled at fighting Barabas and using those characters (and they have some fast, long-reaching attacks in their moveset).  But Samer has also learned where the AI's vulnerable points are, as he explains in the comments on the Shinibot/Hanako video, and that's a big key to success.  Personally, in the Lab fight, I exploited Barabas' lack of long-range cunning (and the limitations of his slow-moving taffy beam) by shooting him while strafing around the beam.  Using the couple of ballistic and energy clips laying around, with your pistol and the plasma rifle dropped by the TCTF guy is just enough to take him down in Ch. 3.  If he used more 'nades, though, my tactic wouldn't have worked.

By the way, I don't want to encourage too much off-topic chat in this thread.  Certainly the posts we've made so far are within reason, but it would be best to continue the subject back in that other thread if you wanted to say more about Smart/Brutal/Cheap Barabas smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#761 05/07/13 16:05

Samer
Website

Ok this is Kojiro vs chapter 3 Brutal\smart barabas and casey vs chapter 6 Smart Barabas ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQZSY8cmj9k these are my slower characters.

and this is using konoko vs smart barabas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbA4JvcBZFQ

I also made one with jumpable earthquaker added to smartbarabas  .. It took me more tries .. Definitely harder but still doable ... Will post it later

what can i say, i love kicking barabas's behind.

#762 05/07/13 17:05

tens

Yeah it is doable, very much so, just a bit frustrating when it gets close, and he kills you at the last punch by using it as a counter xD and the third level of Oni in brutal ai, with some running is out ! I beat barabas with minimal damage taken, but i could have had done better, and have done later when i wasn't recording. But hey PLEASE like, comment, subscribe and peace smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xc6m2Rco-g

Last edited by tens (05/07/13 20:05)

#763 05/08/13 00:05

Samer
Website

Ok this on is with both Smart Barabas and Jumpable Earthquaker installed. Konoko vs Chapter 3 Barabas ... i had 2 takes the second part shows a somewhat cheap strategy using slides and jump flips .. take a look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4Dt_7Am … e=youtu.be
no hypo use and limited weapon use .. I recorded one in which I practically took very minimal damage but decided not to upload it because I just got lucky that he didn't use his earthquaker except 2 times.

@tens good video smile

Last edited by Samer (05/08/13 01:05)

#764 05/08/13 03:05

Loser

OK, alright, I hope the message is clear now (especially to Iristscen), after a handful of video material filled with awful unbalanced stuff.

When a creator of some idea says the idea is either unfinished, experimental, deprecated or in general not intended to be released/reused, (s)he usually MEANS IT. Otherwise it can happen a modification in a pretty much hideous status can slip out and then cause both newcomers complaining about it and newcomers realising the cheapness/unpolisheness of it. And both of these do NOT contribute a good spotlight to the Oni's (and Oni modders' ) reptutation.

Question for deep thinking, Iritscen - how about I take some older version of AE, rename it/repack it and start spreading it to public (MODDB, Facebook, even here on OCF) as the "newest release"? Wouldn't it be awesome for you, having your name tied with bug-filled unfinished beta/experimental material, which by some coincidence is being distributed by somebody as a final revision?

Last edited by Loser (05/08/13 03:05)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#765 05/08/13 05:05

Iritscen

Huh?  How is this mod unbalanced?  It simply requires different tactics to win.  I didn't see anyone considering it unpolished or cheap.  hmm  And when have you ever considered one of your own mods worthy of a final release?  If you had, I would have some kind of a measuring stick for what you consider to be finished work.  But I'm having trouble thinking of even one time you've released anything yourself... which indicates to me that you think too little of your own work.  Personally, I really enjoyed this mod when I tested it out.  I'd never found the Barabas fight interesting before I tried it.  I knew you said it was experimental, but since you never came back to it, I figured it was worth releasing what you'd done so far.  Besides all that, EdT used this same melee profile in his Old China mod a while back.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#766 05/08/13 06:05

Samer
Website

Loser no one considers it cheap, we are playing it and making videos of it as a showcase, personally if i thought it was unworthy or buggy i won't even play it yet alone make several videos of it, we're challenging ourselves to beat it, we're not saying it's full of bugs we're saying yay we could beat it we figured out a tactic to beat it,  and personally that was the most fun i had playing oni in a while now, it took me numerous takes to not be killed by barabas with smart and jumpable earthquaker installed, and i enjoyed challenging myself a lot.
And when we do criticize it or point out bugs it's not to say loser made something buggy it's to bring it out to the community so we may try to improve it and contribute as well. So as Iritscen said, don't be so hard on yourself, we all know you're an awesome modder bugs or not, it's still better than what many of us can do.
Edit: and regarding this mod, Barabas always had same weakness, but with your mod it's more challenging and fun, as i said on youtube.

Edit 2: also on the first youtube video i posted you said there's an easier way to take his gun and shoot him, i said i know about that but it's cheap, i meant that method not the mod ... Just in case you misread.

Last edited by Samer (05/08/13 11:05)

#767 05/08/13 13:05

tens

@Loser i don't agree with you man, your mods actually made the game difficult which is exactly what i wanted, i was complaining as it was now really difficult and i wasn't able to finish it with my noob tactics, if anything i was showing the world how much i suck at beating a harder barabas (lol). But man, your mods do exactly what they you described in the mod description. And as Samer said, it is still better than most of us can do, please don't feel bad sad. big_smile. I'm sorry if i offended you in an of my previous posts sad.

#768 05/09/13 08:05

tens

My next video is up now smile, please like, comment, subscribe if u want more, if u want commentary from me, u gotta wait till the 25th, thanks big_smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGO2uKY5cOs
@Samer, the ending is the best part of this video..except for me taking advantage of some AIs tongue...

Last edited by tens (05/09/13 10:05)

#769 05/09/13 21:05

Samer
Website

New video : I call it "Clash of Titans" .. be sure to watch the bloopers at the end smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmurRBUbW-U

@tens I hope you do one with SMP-conversion installed sometime it makes the game harder and adds new surprises.

Last edited by Samer (05/09/13 21:05)

#770 05/09/13 22:05

tens

Yeah...funny how am still responding to this. though i already told you. I'm gonna do the rest of the game with your modded added in.. about the Oni has run out of memory problem.. il report it in the AE section..

#771 05/09/13 22:05

Samer
Website

notice the time of my post tens it was before you responded to it on facebook therefore there was no need to re-respond here since we've just had a conversation about it on facebook .. similarly like when you responded to why you found barabas hard on facebook, youtube and here tongue

back on topic : my new video showcases some cool dodging by the AE btw, it's nice to know that extents are calculated accurately for custom moves.

Last edited by Samer (05/09/13 22:05)

#772 05/09/13 23:05

EdT
Website

Poor Barabas, he was so owned in that video...  Samer, you should use your magic on Barabas and make him stronger and more challenging.  I mean he got beat by a girl! (Hanako) tongue

BTW, I was able to get through SP2 easily with a change in strategy.  It was similar to the one used by tens in his play through for the Airport level.  At least I can say I figured out that strategy before I saw his video big_smile

#773 05/10/13 00:05

tens

Well that strategy isn't mine.. it's my brothers... he played Oni a year after it came out, and both my brothers sat there exploiting every single thing. They found this and many other exploits like the barabas gun strategy.. though that one is a little obvious...But yeah.. make barabas even more harder before i finish the levels tongue. then i can have hell xD.

#774 05/10/13 00:05

Samer
Website

Edt what you're seeing is like the 20th attempt tongue the bloopers show some of the failures.
i felt he was a good match vs hammer, because both of their attacks are slow he also was able to dodge many attacks with his jetpack and keep regenrating while being dragged the telekinetic power, i also wanted to showcase that he's tougher when he's away from his gun .. Notice how low my health got (and i had 1 hypo used this time)
i have some ideas to toughen up the fight against him but it requires some particle and bsl which i suck at .. I'll discuss them somewhere on modifications later.
I think i'll do more matchups of vanilla vs custom characters like hayate vs mukade and casey vs muro.
glad to hear about your savepoint big_smile  i will replay it and try again then tongue

Last edited by Samer (05/10/13 00:05)

#775 05/10/13 18:05

tens

Hey guys, i just finished the Airport Cargo Hangers, its the 5th level/Episode of Oni, Please Enjoy, Like, Comment and Subscribe for more!.. i will be posting more regardless if u do or don't.. it's just soo much fun big_smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0wVhs1QDsY
Until the next reply tongue peace

Board footer