#602 07/26/11 06:07

Den

Re: Movies

Cheers lad-o
Good to see you folks again

#603 07/26/11 13:07

Yoriko

The first bit with Mukade is awesome, and when you're fighting the female cop and the light ops you totally kick ass! You utilize the twister kick very well I must say, I rarely use it myself.......Maybe I should smile

Den wrote:

@ Yoriko
Your sig is absolute win in my eyes

Thanks a lot ^^
You're the second guy to comment on my sig, the first being Geyser.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#604 07/26/11 14:07

Mukade

Loved your video Den, and good to see you around again! Great work with the camera, I've used it a couple times, but not to that extent, it has a very "cinematic" feel to it. I also like your combat style, not focused on throws so much, makes it interesting.

Anyways, I don't know who contacted you, but whoever it is, if they need more footage, you could refer them to either my own combo video:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Mukadeus?fe … R7Z0Wcuuso

Or even the Oni Tribute video myself and myplea1 collaborated on, there's some fighting there too:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Mukadeus?fe … qk8OlFsg7Y

Also, a quick tip for next time, in the console, you can write:
co_display = 0

That way, those annoying lines of text won't be scrolling in the corner when you have dev mode on smile

Last edited by Mukade (07/26/11 14:07)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#605 07/26/11 15:07

Den

Thanks to all of ya!

Mukade your command is just a godsend 8D
Especially when you take damage from fire, the text rolls up so rapidly and takes up the  whole left screen. And what does "ELVIS_HAS_LEFT_THE_BUILDING" mean that I see from time to time..?

At first I thought this fixed camera was a bug of some sort, when I found out how to use it, I got all these kinds of theories of possible machinimas.
Oh and the lad who contacted me was this fellow: http://www.youtube.com/user/paff0A I'm sure someone must know him.

In other news, I feel I oughta try out another one, this time covering more characters. Was it okay that I had a whole scene of fighting til everyone were dead, or should I have short clips of the best moments to make it go a bit faster?

#606 07/26/11 16:07

Iritscen

You should also use gs_show_ui=0 to turn off the HUD.  ELVIS is just another BSL function being called, search in the level's BSL files to see it.  And it's no mystery as to who contacted Den, seeing as Paff said he was contacting Den a couple pages ago in this very thread ^_^

When your overall video is that long, scenes of whole fights are fine, but the overall video length does tend to make it a bit "inaccessible" (as in, "When am I going to find the time to watch this?"  I finally watched it while eating dinner).  Short videos, especially on one particular theme (like skulking around with cloaked Mukade) are much more viewer-friendly.  But again, nice work.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#607 07/26/11 16:07

Mukade

Ohh, I remember paff smile

He was actually the one who inspired me to do my combo vid in the first place big_smile

Also you should try doing small clips of fights, or at the very least, take out the parts of running around trying to get into position. Up to you.

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#608 07/26/11 18:07

Den

All of you bring such handy tips!

I've had a lil trouble with the F1 console, sometimes when I close it down the camera kind off drifts off into a random direction and I'm forced to reload a level

#609 07/26/11 18:07

Mukade

Yeah, I used to have that problem, I think you're supposed to hit F1 again to close it so that it doesn't happen. If it does, what you do is hit the Enter key, itll bring your character to the camera, however if your camera is out of the map, she'll fall and die, so you gotta be fast smile

#610 07/26/11 22:07

Samer
Website

Mukade wrote:

... If it does, what you do is hit the Enter key, itll bring your character to the camera, ...

u mean End not enter smile

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#611 07/27/11 00:07

Mukade

No, for me it's enter... >_>

#612 07/27/11 12:07

Yoriko

You could start filming a fight with two main characters in the beggining of the video (preferably containing Konoko) then switch from time to time to other short fighting scenes and back to spot the highlights of that boss fight and then to other fights again as not to bore the viewer out with just watching one long lasting fight with a few good points.

For the boss fight I vote for Konoko vs Mukade (claws and fangs) or Muro vs Mai (sibling rivalry) as fights with Barabas tends to be a bit dull from Barabas side.
Or you could please Samer by having custom characters fight. smile

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#613 07/27/11 18:07

Den

Your suggestion has been noted Yoriko, and I'm already on the progress of trying to get something new manufactured! I'm done with the intro, being some around 2 minutes... hoping it wont deter anyone to watch it!

#614 07/27/11 18:07

Samer
Website

Yoriko wrote:

Or you could please Samer by having custom characters fight. smile

big_smile that would please me very much ^_^

mm and for me 'enter' moves the camera, 'end' teleports u to where the camera is at

Last edited by Samer (08/02/11 09:08)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#615 07/30/11 04:07

Paff
Website

Yep, 'twas me. ^_^

Gumby, the new multiplayer stuff is awesome, very exciting.

Den, thanks for the permission, and I'm glad you're putting new vids up.

And Tarik, that's a pretty nice parkouring innovation. Or two of them, really.

#616 07/30/11 10:07

Tarik
Banned

Paff wrote:

Yep, 'twas me. ^_^

Gumby, the new multiplayer stuff is awesome, very exciting.

Den, thanks for the permission, and I'm glad you're putting new vids up.

And Tarik, that's a pretty nice parkouring innovation. Or two of them, really.

Thanks, manny.

#617 08/02/11 08:08

Den

I believe I've got enough footage to compile together something anew, quick curious question though, should I use oni ost or something alike the music I had in the last one?

And yes I've tried using custom characters

#618 08/15/11 16:08

Den

I apologize the double post.

But here you fellows go, just finished the project: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh8ubR34tEI

#619 09/03/11 04:09

Paff
Website

Another Oni "Combo" Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sui0h562AZU

Also nice vid, Den. That camera stuff is really really cool. Makes me wish I had Oni available here so I could mess around with it.

#620 09/03/11 06:09

Den

How would you find this video compared to the last one I made?

Watching that compilation is probably something I'd watch ten times over. Probably more often! Let us unite, let the word be spread. Oni is clearly not just an ordinary game.

Neat work, my good man. And neat choice of music.

#621 09/09/11 17:09

EdT
Website

Kickable stuff big_smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YICB7qugrtc

Using the latest OniSplit we can add moveable objects with limitations due to Oni's engine and collision.  You can't jump on and stand on them.  Sometimes you can go through them.  But it is something cool to play around with.

#622 09/09/11 19:09

Yoriko

Are you only able to move the objects in four directions and not like diagonally? Reminds me of Konoko Payne btw, this can be used to solve more complex puzzles if the player can jump, stack objects or if we can make them block laser beams (like in KP)

#623 09/09/11 19:09

Iritscen

Unfortunately you can't stand on the objects.  I believe they're all slippery spheres in collision, regardless of physical shape, as you can tell from watching this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te9yKA4UR18.  I don't remember noticing that moveable objects only moved on the two axes when I recorded my videos, EdT... but maybe I didn't test them enough.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#624 09/09/11 20:09

EdT
Website

Yes, objects can move diagonally too, I should have demonstrated that.

#625 09/09/11 20:09

Lukas Kreator

My god, that is amazing!

Board footer