Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#551 03/15/11 19:03

Loser

Re: Movies

WATCH HERE a little voice of the past, oldschool HEX tricks. Done because I had to install demo because of Samer.

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#552 03/15/11 19:03

s10k
Website

That combat mechanics fits in the game very well.

#553 03/15/11 19:03

EdT
Website

Loser: Don't Delete those files!!!  When does spring break start for you?

#554 03/15/11 20:03

Gumby

How useful will the ground grab be when against proper AI or a human player? It is usually best to get up ASAP, unless you can lure them in range for a getup kick...

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#555 03/16/11 03:03

paradox-01

I agree with EdT, don't delete the files. We shouldn't do double work and they will help us to understand to new mechanics.

#556 03/16/11 08:03

Delano762
Website

Loser wrote:

WATCH HERE a little voice of the past, oldschool HEX tricks. Done because I had to install demo because of Samer.

0:23 is the thing I REALLY want.
Btw. is there any thread on adding attacks to TRAMs? Muro's crouch_fw should have an attack. I have no idea what the hell are those extents and what are they used for...

Last edited by Delano762 (03/16/11 09:03)

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#557 03/16/11 12:03

Loser

EdT: no breaks till Bachelor is done -_-.

Gumby: regarding retail Oni combat system, this ground grab would be next to useless. However, in terms of hypotetical combat system I have in mind, groundplay is a bit different and ground grabs have their place.
Basically, when knockdowned player will have option to input escape command (for example punch back) and perform quick getup. If player fails to do so, his character is forced to stay on the ground for at least one second. And that is opening for ground grab. Of course you can simply do sweep or low punch, but ground grabs will deal more damage at cost of attacker being longer exposed to possible gunfire from ground grabbed's allies.

Delano762: Extents are for AI to make it know there is an incoming attack, so it would be a good idea to block or dodge it.

#558 03/16/11 12:03

Delano762
Website

Loser wrote:

Delano762: Extents are for AI to make it know there is an incoming attack, so it would be a good idea to block or dodge it.

So... does that mean that it isn't required for making the TRAM working? Let's say, I'll put in <Extents /> and the TRAM will work?

Last edited by Delano762 (03/16/11 12:03)

#559 05/29/11 08:05

NeverMore

Two videos here:
1.If you get close enough and look like defenseless,he will kick you.And then...
http://youtu.be/_vQUadomUQs

2.a part of Level14
http://youtu.be/6LI4-20mxOw

#560 05/29/11 09:05

Delano762
Website

Lol, pro!

#561 05/29/11 12:05

Iritscen

Yeah, a pro at exploits smile  Looks like you're making good use of the AE's jump boost in the final level, too.  But yeah, maybe some day Barabas won't be that predictable.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#562 05/29/11 23:05

NeverMore

Delano762 wrote:

Lol, pro!

Thank you.

Iritscen wrote:

Yeah, a pro at exploits smile  Looks like you're making good use of the AE's jump boost in the final level, too.  But yeah, maybe some day Barabas won't be that predictable.

Yeah,I hope so.That may be more interesting.Appreciate your work.Appreciate AE Team.

#563 05/30/11 00:05

Lithium

NO! I demand Barabas stay stupid, so help me God I'll make worst level textures ever D<

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#564 05/30/11 02:05

Loser

Never more: thank you for showing us. Looks like there is going to be severe competition when Gumby's Flatline si released ^_^.

The getup attack exploit is already known, together with lariat move exploit and other similar combat mechanics issues. Possible solutions were designed, but unfortunately we are not paid professionals. Give us time ^_^.

Last edited by Loser (05/30/11 02:05)

#565 05/30/11 16:05

Yoriko

Loser wrote:

Why hasnt this been implemented into the AE yet? yikes

For balance I suggest you could create a little stamina bar for Konoko so that you cant run around forever wink

Last edited by Yoriko (05/30/11 16:05)

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#566 05/30/11 17:05

Gumby

Because Loser deletes everything after he's done playing with it. wink

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#567 06/16/11 03:06

Paff
Website

Hey again guys. I've got a bunch of questions for everyone.

Basically, I'm looking into making another combo video. I haven't got access to Oni these days, so I'd be making it from clips taken from various existing Oni videos from several people (atm I'm thinking Den, NMS, olingsd, me, and ZDLO). I'd like to contact the people whose clips I'd be using, just to make sure they haven't got any objections, and to let them know about it so they can see their work in the final product, etc.

Den and NMS have accounts here, so: are you guys okay with me using your clips in this?

I don't know much about "olingsd" - it's the name of a YouTube account with a couple of Oni videos (my favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOusNEMmxz4 ). Does anyone know who this is, if they have an account here, etc?

And then, as I understand it, ZDLO hasn't been around the forums for years now. Anyone know of a way to contact ZDLO these days?

Also, does anyone know of a good source of 100% legally freely useable music of high quality? Ideally stuff along the lines of hard rock and/or hard techno? OC Remix is the best I know of, but a lot of the stuff there isn't particularly good, and it's a pain to dig through it to try to find the good stuff, especially if you're just looking for certain styles.

Also I see there's new multiplayer footage up, very exciting. Can't watch it atm but will at the nearest opportunity.

#568 06/16/11 05:06

Iritscen

Paff wrote:

I don't know much about "olingsd" - it's the name of a YouTube account with a couple of Oni videos (my favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOusNEMmxz4 ). Does anyone know who this is, if they have an account here, etc?

Not sure if that guy is a member on the forum here or not; he's not under that name, anyway.

And then, as I understand it, ZDLO hasn't been around the forums for years now. Anyone know of a way to contact ZDLO these days?

You could try the email link in his profile: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/profile.php?id=78

Also, does anyone know of a good source of 100% legally freely useable music of high quality? Ideally stuff along the lines of hard rock and/or hard techno? OC Remix is the best I know of, but a lot of the stuff there isn't particularly good, and it's a pain to dig through it to try to find the good stuff, especially if you're just looking for certain styles.

Back in this thread, we talked about places to find free music, so you might want to read that.  I was fond of T-Free, myself.

#569 06/17/11 04:06

Paff
Website

Thanks. I've sent ZDLO an email, hopefully he still checks the account he has registered here.

And thanks for pointing me to the free music thread, I'll give that a look.

#570 06/24/11 04:06

Paff
Website

Oh, didn't think to say this last week, and I feel like I should:

So, I'm planning to have footage from five people in this video, and clearly a lot of people have been left out, and I don't want to be causing any drama here. I'm aware of several other people who have really cool gameplay footage uploaded, but between my limited bandwidth to download videos, a desire for some level of focus, and the way I plan to format the video requiring that each player have one each of a few certain different types of clips, I just can't include everyone. So sorry to those who aren't included, it's nothing personal/judgemental.

And also specifically: Mukade, I'm probably not going to use clips of yours in this combo video I'm working on, but I don't want you to feel discouraged or anything. I do like your combo video, and there's some really cool stuff in it, and I'm keen to see what else you come out with.

A big reason why I'm not using clips from it is because I think a lot of people seeing this new video don't have any idea who Akane is nor what she can do, and if I were to include clips of yours mixed into clips from five other people, I don't think people watching the video would be able to figure out very easily what those 1/6ths of clips with the mysterious custom character were all about. So, I just don't see a way to work it into this, though I'm certainly not opposed to using clips of yours in some sort of work down the road, and I'm really interested to see what other stuff you come out with over time.

#571 06/24/11 08:06

Samer
Website

so u won't use any custom character clips yikes ?
no motoko or casey or shinatamabot no grey fury? :\  (i already have video of these characters uploaded)
i think it's better to expose the audience to the new characters .. let them see there's something new and not just the same old oni.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#572 06/25/11 03:06

Paff
Website

You guys are doing lots of cool stuff with the new characters, but personally, right now, I'm still more interested in exploring the possibilities with the original Oni characters/weapons than I am with adding totally new ones. There's just so much left to explore with the game we already have.

But I can definitely understand other peoples' excitement with the new characters, and I know that someday I'll start using them and when I do I'll have a blast.

In any case, though, the main point of this particular video is to show really spiffy things you can do with the original Oni, or at least with parts of the game that have been explored a lot (eg. Mukade's played Akane a lot and figured out a lot of cool stuff with her, so I was seriously considering including his stuff), which should be really interesting and possibly/hopefully inspiring for anyone who hasn't seen these things before.

At some point I might make a video showing a lot of the new characters and other major changes, though, because you guys have seriously done a ton of really cool stuff. I'm just busy-enough that I won't be able to do that for some time. In the meantime, though, anybody else who wants to do that is welcome, and I know I'd enjoy watching the end product.

(Also, if more footage of spiffy gameplay techniques using the new characters appears, enough that I can make a video consisting purely of some particular new character or two, then I'd definitely be interested in making said video. But so far it seems that the overwhelming majority of clips out there are of Konoko, with a few showing the other original Oni characters, and very very few showing the custom characters.)

#573 06/25/11 09:06

Dirk Gently
Website

^This guy

#574 06/25/11 10:06

Samer
Website

because there are a lot of videos showing konoko and very few showing other stuff that's why i'm suggesting showing more than just konoko tongue. but ok it's ur video after all ^_^

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#575 07/04/11 07:07

Iritscen

Sometimes even an AI gets bored:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbo2Q-VD6dc

What you would see more of, if Oni's original AI system had been finished:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRuZq_uYOQk

Board footer