Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#251 06/13/08 15:06

Coyote

Re: Movies

Gumby wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MLy9ZCSD5M

I was going to make a video of a few battles in the outer atmospheric level, then ended up doing this. ^_^

Please tell me what music is in your video. I like it! smile

Does your blood burn when you kill? Mine does

#252 06/13/08 18:06

Gumby

Woot, somebody likes it.

It is "nowhere" from the anime Madlax.

Ever heard of Noir? Well, that is a spiritual sequal to it, made by the same guy. It is very good, and it is arguable that the main character (Madlax) might be able to beat Konoko in a fight. tongue

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#253 06/13/08 18:06

EdT
Website

#254 06/19/08 20:06

Gumby

Another infinite loop. Wee. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0onq6m7oius

Last edited by Gumby (06/19/08 21:06)

#255 07/05/08 00:07

Loser

VIDEO. Proof of concept that AI powered character can do willow/twister kick. There is no special move for these attacks, however you can use a litte trick. See "Improve the melee profile using .xml" in "Seventh Anniversary Edition" section of this forum for details.
                                                                                                      Loser

Last edited by Loser (07/05/08 00:07)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#256 07/05/08 08:07

love_Oni

I've seen the video. It's good to see that AI can forced characters to use willow kick and twister kick (hope there is Crescent moon kick also). The disadvantage is they only know to used them but not other moves.

Some enemies often use running punch, kick; or jumping kick on you when you run towards them. Why don't we replace those moves with willow kick or twister kick? Furies are an example: when they reach near to you, they don't usually use combos such as triple punch/ kick, but they use forward punch/ kick very frequently and that's very effective because they perform those moves too quick and I don't have enough time to realized and block them. I think willow kick and twister kick would do the same.

I'm also thinking of replace blocking with twister kick but I don't think it's a good idea. However, we should try a little.

P.S: Just my opinion: I think you should record video in 1/4 screen size mode, that would makes the video files smaller smile.

Last edited by love_Oni (07/05/08 08:07)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#257 07/08/08 22:07

love_Oni

Here's my new video. I post it in the YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_7ZMYvAlik

A really fun video to see. Enjoy!

Last edited by love_Oni (07/08/08 22:07)

#258 07/08/08 23:07

Loser

Nice one! How did it come you discovered it?
RESPONSE. In new version (credits go to EdT!!!) this weakness is gone. But...there is another one. Can you find it? smile
                                                                                                   Loser

Last edited by Loser (07/08/08 23:07)

#259 07/09/08 05:07

love_Oni

As you can see in my first video, I like combining the crouch-punch with other moves very much, and I called it the 'foot-massage' move. I tried this move with the Evill Konoko too and I've found that's really interesting.

The important thing in my last video is: I crouch in font of the wall so after perform the foot-massage move, I can still keeping my position and I can continue spamming the next moves; but in your video, you didn't do that. Maybe you can try it again.

With the new modification, I see fighting with brutal Konoko is really interesting now. Hope the new update of AE will come up soon and I can try it my self tongue

Loser wrote:

In new version (credits go to EdT!!!) this weakness is gone. But...there is another one. Can you find it? smile

OK, sound interesting big_smile

#260 07/11/08 04:07

love_Oni

Looks like the new weakness of Brutal Konoto is the twister kick: She rarely blocks your twister kicks. But it isn't really a weakness because sometimes she hits you when you're trying to perform them. But I think the weakness you said about is the twister kicks. Am I right? smile

Brutal Konoko is still having some weakness in crouch moves. I'll discover them some days. But she also has a big weakness in the edition. Can you find it?

And here's my new video: 'A quick way to move with the WMC'. Not a very special video, just for fun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuxX4bOYS1o

Last edited by love_Oni (07/11/08 04:07)

#261 07/11/08 10:07

Liquid Snake

love_Oni wrote:

As you can see in my first video, I like combining the crouch-punch with other moves very much

woah that backbreaker in 0:50 was just beautiful

#262 07/21/08 04:07

Loser

Hi all,
This is my "gift" to Iritscen. Well, gift...it is for whole community, but I owe this to him. Hey, those ideas work!
VIDEO
some comments:
1st part - point is that Konoko TOUCHED the guy. It is simulated via one particle. Nice and clean.

REST WILL BE LATER

#263 07/21/08 04:07

s10k
Website

Loser wrote:

Hi all,
This is my "gift" to Iritscen. Well, gift...it is for whole community, but I owe this to him. Hey, those ideas work!
VIDEO
some comments:
1st part - point is that Konoko TOUCHED the guy. It is simulated via one particle. Nice and clean.

REST WILL BE LATER

Love that include this in edition. Good work.

#264 07/21/08 07:07

Iritscen

Hmm, was that my idea, Loser?  You mean, to have Konoko's touch felt by the bad guy when she sneaks up behind?  I don't remember suggesting that... I remember the suggestion but I thought it was someone else's....

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#265 07/21/08 09:07

EdT
Website

Loser: Great work! In my opinion, this shows that Oni can be greatly improved... now if we were only as smart as Loser in figuring these things out!

#266 07/21/08 23:07

Loser

Iritscen: Well, I think you suggested it when you mailed me about something, long time ago.

EdT: Thanks for compliment. Just...if Skrylar suceeds, all of these my PAR3 hacks (h2w and these in the video) will be useless ^_^ because these features will be the best when directly ran from the engine:

Collision with walls: this should be achieved by adding e few lines into "knockdown animation type", so engine checks whether one of selected bones (head, neck, chest, mid, pelvis, lt/rt thigh) intersects with wall. If yes, then hurt character according to the speed of impact (based on some formula to produce reasonable damage) and push him away from the wall just so he/she does not have anyone of selected parts which intersects with wall. I say with wall, floor should be ignored.

Touching enemies: simple new procedure which should use already existing system. For each character, check whether its sphere tree (chr_debug_sphere=1) touches inner parts of another char's sphere tree. If yes, then take the point of intersection as center of "gunfire sound" sphere for both these AI2s (ai2_showsounds=1, AI2s are VERY sensitive for this sound). Rest will be handled as if gunfire sound is heard. In case of more simultaneous points of intersection between two chars, take the first one and ignore rest.

Dead body alarm: change process of dying a bit, so even when in "only a corpse", there is still info about char's team.
Add function (or procedure to existing one, if it looks like I imagine) that in case of seeing (peripheral vision) character with same team but in "only a corpse" state, go into pursue with it (friendlythreat, "pursuing" his teammate, for brief info about pursue behavior go see CMBT on WIKI, near the end of that page). Once live AI2 sees dead AI2 with central vision field, treat this like when gunfire sound was heard, set target NULL (so AI2 is not unfair, it does not link to the one who "caused it").

THESE are just THEORIES. NOTHING proven. Neo and other are the one which should talk about this. Sorry for logic mistakes. We will see how Skrylar will do. I wish him the best. ^_^
                                                                                                         Loser

Last edited by Loser (07/21/08 23:07)

#267 07/22/08 00:07

EdT
Website

Loser: Its too early to think of retiring from hacking Oni big_smile
Please continue to work on the PAR3 hacks.

#268 07/22/08 05:07

Gumby

You can change it so that corpses don't lose everything? That is great. There is something that I should remember about that. Oh well.

Last edited by Gumby (07/22/08 05:07)

#269 07/22/08 06:07

Loser

You can change it so that corpses don't lose everything?

Not me, but one who has source code or/and understands C can. That post above is only LIST of things that should be possible to run directly by engine if we had access into it. Point is that mine PAR3 work (wall collisions, touching, etc..) is just mere emulation of these features. It is obsolettely heavy on RAM and loads particles system. If we could, we should do those features via engine, so it does not overload particle system.
                                                                                         Loser

#270 07/27/08 07:07

ItemfinderDeluxe

Well, I decided to finally use my Youtube account and upload a video. It's the results of a bug I found during the testing of a new script in the works. The bug itself is easily fixed, but I decided to record a part of the action here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXxqGB2YlnA

If someone REALLY wants to get their backside handed to them, I can give them a copy of the incomplete script. I don't know why they'd want it though...

TCTF SWAT: Striker, you're under arrest.
Striker: H4h, y0u c4n'7 570p m3!!!
TCTF SWAT: Damn it, learn to spell!!!
CURRENT PROJECT - 'Nemesis' V1.0 Released

#271 07/27/08 13:07

Gumby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaBDJk9KrNs

Video of what will probably be in Anniversary Edition. Enjoy!

Also, a question for those who watch it: Should the Purple and Green regen colors be kept? I think they look much classier than the color changing ones.

#272 07/28/08 22:07

love_Oni

Hm... I don't like the Purple. Purple is only for Konoko, not for Barabas (I think)

And I don't like the Barabas's new regeneration. If the new regeneration still can damaging, so how can we kill him?

#273 07/28/08 23:07

Gumby

Use your head. Either stop him in the early regeneration, or find some way to stop him in the middle. Smart playing is rewarded. smile

#274 07/29/08 08:07

love_Oni

Uhm... I don't know how to  give Barabas the new regeneration, so I haven't tried it yet. It's just my opinion. I think fighting with Barabas would be harder now.

#275 07/29/08 12:07

Iritscen

Some of us have enough trouble with Barabus already ;p but it's an interesting concept.  Perhaps better suited for Mukade than for Barabus, dunno.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer