Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/20/10 18:08

TheCreature

Mod Idea (yes, another one)

I've a mod idea that's been bouncing through my head for a while now.  I noticed that in throws, the victim doesn't actually fly off the ground.  It's an animation that looks like you're throwing someone through the air, while the "solid" block or whatever just slides along the ground.  The only problem I have with this, is it prevents me from tossing people over railings in levels such as Science Prison or State Building.

If I'm right so far, my question is this:  Could we fix this problem by taking elements from jumping and applying them to throws?  And I have been told before that the engine doesn't differentiate throws from other attacks, but what if we linked it to a different effect, so that it gets cued to 'jump' at the same time as the animation?

Feel free to tell me how horribly wrong I am.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#2 08/21/10 03:08

TOCS

Re: Mod Idea (yes, another one)

This has been done some time ago, I can't remember where - but I think I saw EdT posting a video a few years ago about it.

#3 08/22/10 16:08

Mukade

I've noticed the same thing lately, always wanted to throw ppl thru railings and windows  big_smile

TOCS if you can find where this has alreayd been done i'd love to know, if not, could someone answer TheCreature's question?

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#4 08/22/10 16:08

Iritscen

It's been hacked into the engine, but there were problems with the hack.  Sorry I can't remember the details right now.  But we do have it as a goal to make it possible one day.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 08/22/10 16:08

Iritscen

Also, Super Fast Forum Response no Jutsu.

#6 08/22/10 17:08

TheCreature

Ok.  I'm satisfied, knowing that it's been attempted and is a goal.  Thanks guys.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#7 08/22/10 17:08

Iritscen

No problem ^_^

#8 08/23/10 05:08

s10k
Website

This would be really interesting indeed.

Board footer