#1 08/03/10 15:08

Lukas Kreator

How do I mod levels?

I would really like to edit levels... How can that be done? hmm

Thanks.

#2 08/03/10 16:08

Mukade

Re: How do I mod levels?

What are you talking about? As in putting people in, or putting objects in? Because as far as I know, we haven't figured out how to add objects to a level

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#3 08/03/10 16:08

Lukas Kreator

I mean adding people in and out, adding powerups and change the level physically, adding ramps and stuff (specially)...

Just like that guy (sorry, forgot your name tongue) made that maze.

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (08/03/10 16:08)

#4 08/03/10 22:08

Mukade

for people and stuff, you have to edit the BINACJBOFlags an add new flags with new coords (if you wnat to know coords, you have to go ingame and type in developers mod console

chr_debug_characters = 1 (or 0 1, I can't remember)

and one of the things listed is the coords.

So yeah, after you've added new flags in you can spawn powerups and people where that flag is located.

*For Powerups: edit the BINACJBOPowerups, add the powerup and add the flag ID where it's spawned at.

*For people: this is a bit trickier, same thing, edit BINACJBOCharacters, add the character you want, or you can use characters that are already there, and in the level script you have to add somewhere

ai2_spawn <ai's name here>
ai2_teleport <ai's name here> <flad ID>

This is just a brief overview, I don't expect you to become a pro off this half-assed tutorial, but if you think you can handle it, I can give you more detailed step by step instructions on how to make a powerup/weapon or guys in game. Once you know how to do it once, it's pretty easy to do it again smile  Also, I'd encourage to try and search the forum using the forums's search engine on the top bar, and look, because I'm sure theres another tutorial somewhere wink

And sorry, you can't change existing levels physically, the only thing that has been accomplished are completely new maps

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#5 08/04/10 05:08

Iritscen

You could export and change an existing level, but you'd run into the same problem as when you create a new level and import it: no pathfinding grids.  So the AI won't be able to move around.  We hope to fix this eventually, but for now that means that it's difficult to do very much with a new level.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 08/04/10 12:08

Mukade

Iritscen wrote:

You could export and change an existing level, but you'd run into the same problem as when you create a new level and import it: no pathfinding grids.  So the AI won't be able to move around.  We hope to fix this eventually, but for now that means that it's difficult to do very much with a new level.

Would there simply be no pathfinding grids for the stuff you added? Or for the whole level.

If the latter is the problem, couldn't you somehow duplicate the pathfinding grids from the original?

#7 08/04/10 16:08

Lukas Kreator

Well, I guess the problem would be that they would be confused...

Anyway, thanks for the tutorial wink

But then, how do I create completely new levels?

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (08/04/10 16:08)

#8 08/04/10 16:08

Iritscen

Mukade wrote:

Would there simply be no pathfinding grids for the stuff you added? Or for the whole level.

There'd be no grids at all because OniSplit can't import them yet.

Lukas wrote:

But then, how do I create completely new levels?

Well, do you know any 3D modelers? wink

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#9 08/04/10 16:08

Lukas Kreator

Well, maybe I could do it, the problem is that I know no limits or parameters...

I mean: what files to edit, where to put them, what is allowed, what is not?

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (08/04/10 17:08)

#10 08/04/10 17:08

EdT
Website

#11 08/04/10 17:08

Lukas Kreator

Thanks

Board footer