Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 01/12/11 15:01

Dirk Gently
Website

Re: OniLib

I should have explained this a LOT better.

I load the whole level when I open .dat and then it loads all the data in the file to memory (this takes about 30MB on my dev computer). From there when you double click on a listed tag it will open an editor window, once you make changes and hit apply, then it will commit those changes to the .dat. I can either have it just commit changes or commit the whole the tag data. The latter would be easier to code, but has more writing to do. The former is going to be faster in some cases. In array based tags, it will be fast because you are only changing one object at a time. However in larger tags that are not array based, such as the weapon or character class tags it will be slower because it would have to compare all the other elements before writing specific changes.

I did a test on my current code that loads and parses AGQC tags and populates the UI, which completes it all in about 0.33 seconds. That is loading and parsing, so when I write the whole tag back it will probably take about the same time.

Edt? Iritscen? thoughts?

#52 01/12/11 16:01

Iritscen

I'm going to go with whichever option is easier to code, which sounds like it's writing the whole tag at once.  There's always time later to improve the code, after getting all the basic functionality in place for a 1.0 release.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#53 01/21/11 15:01

Dirk Gently
Website

polished my sound exporting code. I have an idea on how to import new sounds into the levels, I am going to test that and see how that works. I should be able to upload a new version tomorrow.

#54 01/21/11 16:01

Dirk Gently
Website

Update pushed. here is the download: http://samsoftware.info/OniLib3b2.zip

#55 01/22/11 17:01

Dirk Gently
Website

New update pushed, I have revised the first post to contain all the info and added a link to the changelog in there.

#56 01/26/11 16:01

Dirk Gently
Website

I have done a few more updates and this weekend I should be able to code and push a new update that would allow any custom sound into the game.

#57 01/26/11 16:01

Lithium

custom sound into the game? more realistic punching noises cool

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#58 01/26/11 17:01

Dirk Gently
Website

hopefully some less awkward ones as well >_<

#59 01/26/11 17:01

Lithium

PINGAS sound effects when ever you do a backbreaker?
Nah really i would use it to add more realistic sound effects, but i do enjoy the cartoony ones in there smile

#60 01/28/11 04:01

Jon God

oxe161 wrote:

PINGAS sound effects when ever you do a backbreaker?
Nah really i would use it to add more realistic sound effects, but i do enjoy the cartoony ones in there smile

Factory worker: WOAH. What are you doing SNOOPINGASUSUAL?

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#61 01/28/11 23:01

Dirk Gently
Website

new version drops in 50 minutes. Happy anniversary Oni!

#62 01/29/11 18:01

Dirk Gently
Website

Updated the new version last night, you can now make custom SSND .ONI files. dat import was going to happen then egypt happened. Sorry guys, I will try to get that done as soon as I can.

#63 01/29/11 19:01

EdT
Website

Cool, will have to try it out.

#64 02/08/11 16:02

Dirk Gently
Website

Another update pushed, I have finished the ability to export DXT1 textures from both dat and oni files. I will be working on the other image formats when I have time in the next week or so.

#65 02/08/11 16:02

Lithium

glad to hear dirk smile

#66 02/08/11 16:02

Dirk Gently
Website

heh, this would have been faster if I was not being stubborn and refused to use a third party library for the image parsing instead of trying to learn and code it myself. Sorry guys, I was trying to learn tongue

#67 02/08/11 16:02

Iritscen

That's okay, learning is fun!

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#68 02/09/11 14:02

Dirk Gently
Website

Updated with a fix on the save dialog so it has the file extension. Also I have added support for all other image types so you can view any image. I am going to start working again on the weekend, I should be able to add image importing then.

I have also added a multi-threaded image importer (it does not import yet) but it should allow you to select images that are much larger than what oni allows and then scale the image down to fit correctly. It will take some tweaking because I can have it process a 1920x1080 image in ~2.5 seconds at full resolution. If I make it scale down before processing it should be relatively fast.

#69 02/10/11 18:02

Dirk Gently
Website

Many thanks to Paradox and Gumby for helping me debug a problem with viewing textures with envmaps earlier. I have pushed an update to fix this, they should work normally now.

#70 02/10/11 18:02

Gumby

And Neo.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer