Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 08/01/10 13:08

Dirk Gently
Website

Re: OniLib

I am almost done with TXMP type tags. I just don't know how I am supposed to read all the data out of the sep/raw file. How do I know the length of the texture data?

Also does anyone know of a library that could be used to convert the GL textures into something I could use with NSImage or NSBitmapImageRep?

#27 08/22/10 11:08

Dirk Gently
Website

content

#28 08/22/10 13:08

EdT
Website

Looking good!

#29 08/22/10 15:08

Jon God

Noice.

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#30 08/22/10 16:08

Dirk Gently
Website

content

I should have a beta of the saved game editor out later tonight. It will only work with the intel beta for right now. I might be porting this back to PPC support as well. It will require 10.5 and be a UB.

#31 08/22/10 18:08

EdT
Website

Since very few has the Intel Beta, having PPC support is valuable.

#32 08/22/10 19:08

Dirk Gently
Website

@EDT: yeah right now there is no way to look at the files before I parse them and say "is this a PPC or is this an intel" file. it is just the byte order and I would have to re-do my existing code to support the PPC version. As of right now I think that going forward it will support intel and then make a PPC stand alone if the intel version has not hit the public by that time. This is going to affect tag parsing when I get to the actual .dat editor part of this. I would like to support PPC as well but right now it does not work.

@Everyone:
here is a download to the current editor: http://cl.ly/24pu
Requirements: 10.5+ UB, intel oni (ppc hopefully coming soon)

Big thanks to Iritscen for answering all my questions. smile

You can edit:

• saved checkpoint names

• player health

• ammo clips

• energy cell clips

• hypos

• shield

• spawn coordinates (this should work)

• griffin dead

• music volume

• gamma level

• subtitles

• mouse inverted

• game won

Invisibility works, but due to me being silly you can only get a second of it tongue due to not knowing what "door keys" means, that currently does not work. Weapons don't work as well as changing difficulty level or resolution. (there is something weird with NSPopupButtons that me and a few other people cannot figure out, we think apple is at fault). the "enabled" box on the checkpoint saves is unknown to work or not. it appears checked ON levels that it are not enabled yet, I would just leave that alone for right now.

WARNING! As I am compiling on 64bit snow leopard there MAY be some inconsistencies with PPC and/or 32bit OSes. I don't think so, but please keep that in mind if something is not going right or numbers look really wrong then screenshot it and message me about it!

As an "ethical" editor, any button marked as "Max" will max that value to what the game should only allow you. However, if you feel like making yourself invincible you can manually edit that value and press "Apply" to save changes. This applies to all fields that have the "Max" button next to them. For the checkpoint saved name, you can add whatever you want into that field. By default it strips out all the null characters and then fills it back up if your name is not a full 64 characters. If your checkpoint name is longer than 64 characters it will be cut off at the 64 character mark. I will be adding an alert to this in the next update so the user is aware of this.

I should have sparkle integrated into it in a week or so, so I can push updates out when they come. Hopefully much more to come this week! smile

My YIM is: svladcjelli
My AIM is: tepic01

if anyone has bug reports then contact me via one of the above and let me know what is going wrong and provide a screenshot.

content

#33 08/22/10 21:08

EdT
Website

Nope it crashed on me, using an Intel Beta persist file.  Here is the log: http://cl.ly/b7b2ae3e1a687d3274e7

OSX 10.5.8

#34 08/22/10 21:08

Gumby

Intel Beta persist files use the opposite endianness than PPC. IE; identical to PC.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#35 08/22/10 22:08

Dirk Gently
Website

Yes, it is just a matter of writing code to identify the difference and do that. It is a pain writing that code with NSData, so I did not both the first time. I was struck with laziness.

There seems to be some bug with running it as a 64bit app on a 32bit OS, if you put it into 32 bit mode it should run fine.

#36 08/25/10 16:08

Dirk Gently
Website

ok, updated with sparkle, now I should be able to do some real update pushes.

http://samsoftware.info/onilib0.1b9.zip

Last edited by Dirk Gently (08/25/10 18:08)

#37 08/29/10 11:08

Dirk Gently
Website

Query: Do you want the ability to view/edit unnamed tags in the maps?

EDIT: pushed another update, now on 0.1b11.

Last edited by Dirk Gently (08/29/10 12:08)

#38 10/17/10 17:10

Dirk Gently
Website

at long last another update has been pushed. I have fixed the bug with enabling invisibility and have worked out the code for enabling levels, not just checkpoints.

http://samsoftware.info/onilib0.1b20.zip

Last edited by Dirk Gently (10/17/10 18:10)

#39 01/05/11 19:01

Dirk Gently
Website

Screen_shot_2011-01-05_at_7.19.51_PM.png

Work today has resulted in the beginnings of an image parser. With this I should be able to implement image import/export for atleast  one of the text formats but hopefully I should be implement 4 of the 5 with slight modifications on this code.

#40 01/07/11 10:01

paradox-01

It can happen that an image consists of many gray colors which will be hard to see with a gray background. Would it be possible to make the browser's BG color freely selectable? And for sake of completeness maybe you can add a option to show/hide alpha selections of an image? smile

#41 01/07/11 11:01

Iritscen

Cool, I was just wondering the other day if you had made any progress lately smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#42 01/07/11 12:01

Dirk Gently
Website

paradox-01 wrote:

It can happen that an image consists of many gray colors which will be hard to see with a gray background. Would it be possible to make the browser's BG color freely selectable? And for sake of completeness maybe you can add a option to show/hide alpha selections of an image? smile

Possibly. I am fighting with NSBitmapImageRep to make it draw correctly, as Gumby pointed out that is definitely NOT drawn correctly. I am having a few issues with it rendering the channels in the correct order or at all. toggling alpha in an image would probably require a redraw. I might include a feature to change the background of the image view. It might end up to be just a simple image view and if you really want to look at it in detail you would export it. I should be able to get it to import any type of image. Depending on time I might also include a feature that allows you to import larger images and have them scale down to the correct size.

Iritscen wrote:

Cool, I was just wondering the other day if you had made any progress lately smile

After finals I went on holiday the following day. I have been back for 2 weeks now, but finally have my dev setup rebuilt with a new monitor, I can actually get some work done now tongue

#43 01/07/11 13:01

Dirk Gently
Website

Finally fixed the issue with loading tag names, I should be able to put out a new beta (new download) on monday. I think this is the restructued code so you will need to download it again, sparkle might not work with this.... no it will not I cannot even remember which set I was using so I am probably just going to make a new sparkle feed/hash thing for it. I should have one or two new tags viewable. At this point I think I am going to go through it all and just do viewing for right now because once have all that code layed out I can release the tags for other people to play with then update with editing shortly after.

#44 01/07/11 14:01

Iritscen

Which tags have you got working so far?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#45 01/07/11 14:01

Dirk Gently
Website

fully viewable is 1, I have a couple in the middle of being planned out. Like I said I reconstructed how I was loading tags because it was eating WAY too much memory for what it was actually doing. Now I have it so the UI for each tag class and the loading code for that is stored into memory when you click on it. So if you open Onilib and only edit TXMP tags, that is the only editor/viewer UI that is loaded, no other tag classes are loaded.

#46 01/11/11 16:01

Dirk Gently
Website

debating on this, what would you all prefer:

writing changes (on the byte level) to the tag in the file whenever you modify a tag
OR
write the whole tag (plus changes) to the file whenever you modify a tag

#47 01/11/11 17:01

Gumby

Option 2. Makes it so you can have an undo feature easily.

#48 01/12/11 00:01

Dirk Gently
Website

both would be writing all the same data, except option 1 writes only changed bytes, when option 2 writes all bytes. Curious to see what would be thought as best.

#49 01/12/11 04:01

Gumby

Oh misread. Idk.

#50 01/12/11 05:01

Lukas Kreator

Hmm... I'd prefer option 1. Option 2 seems to take more time, if you it rewrite everything. But I'd say it depends on many things, so maybe you should try both and see what is better for you.

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (01/12/11 05:01)

Board footer