Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 06/30/10 20:06

Iritscen

Re: Official Flatline Thread

The client also crashes when the host quits wink

Anyway, we had a little cross-country game and the lag was pretty rough (I estimate about 500ms between key press and result), but it was a solid game.  I was able to run around the level with Gumby and break stuff.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#27 06/30/10 20:06

Gumby

Well remember: my internet totally sucks. I'm on wireless and my router hates me. And we live pretty far from eachother.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#28 06/30/10 20:06

Iritscen

You're on wireless? Why? tongue  I disabled mine for the test to make sure the Ethernet was used.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#29 06/30/10 22:06

Gumby

Because that's how my house is set up. tongue

#30 06/30/10 22:06

Mukade

I noticed that each of your skins looked like generic TCTF armor to each other... are you planning on fixing that? And what of downloaded characters, will it be required to have all characters downloaded to play?

But yeah, great work, hope you get it fixed and I'm jealous as hell right now, Leus you lucky duck...  yikes   roll

Last edited by Mukade (06/30/10 22:06)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#31 06/30/10 22:06

myplea1

I feel like downloaded skins will crash the client right now. And ya I also noticed the generic armor.
Would I look like a generic Konoko to everyone else even if I was using a striker model?
Anyway besides that I think that you're doing amazing and I congratulate you for all you're work.
Good Job Gumby as well as other miscellaneous coders.  big_smile

Awol

#32 06/30/10 22:06

3llense'g

*Waits patiently*

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#33 07/01/10 00:07

Gumby

Mukade wrote:

I noticed that each of your skins looked like generic TCTF armor to each other... are you planning on fixing that? And what of downloaded characters, will it be required to have all characters downloaded to play?

But yeah, great work, hope you get it fixed and I'm jealous as hell right now, Leus you lucky duck...  yikes   roll

Look again at video 2. I do have skins synced. TCTF Konoko is the current default model though.

myplea1 wrote:

I feel like downloaded skins will crash the client right now. And ya I also noticed the generic armor.
Would I look like a generic Konoko to everyone else even if I was using a striker model?
Anyway besides that I think that you're doing amazing and I congratulate you for all you're work.
Good Job Gumby as well as other miscellaneous coders.  big_smile

Actually, if you shift into a skin (as the server) that the client does have, client will crash. Will fix that.

If you try to shift yourself nothing will happen, other than you getting yourself out of sync. smile

#34 07/04/10 17:07

Mukade

Do you think Co-op will be an option in Flatline? Maybe not right away, but eventually...?
If that's so, maybe we can use the classes we created for the special forces mod we worked on for a bit, it would be extremely buggy and hard to control in SP but in MP with everyone choosing a character, it would be a hundred times simpler...

Even in straight MP games, a class choosing system to sort of, conform to each person's fighting style...

for those who don't know what I'm talking about, me Leus and I think it was Gumby were working for a little while on a special forces mod, which included different characters with different "abilities" such as a temporary force shield, phase cloak, maybe some health regen over time for some time, extra ammo, stronger throws etc... I was meant as a SP project, but it ended up being to buggy to work, but we still have the code for at least 3 of the classes we were working on, and they may have implications in multiplayer

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#35 07/05/10 01:07

Gumby

Mukade wrote:

Do you think Co-op will be an option in Flatline? Maybe not right away, but eventually...?
If that's so, maybe we can use the classes we created for the special forces mod we worked on for a bit, it would be extremely buggy and hard to control in SP but in MP with everyone choosing a character, it would be a hundred times simpler...

I hope to, someday. Though the AI does not currently generate keystrokes, so that makes things a pain in the butt for me.

Even in straight MP games, a class choosing system to sort of, conform to each person's fighting style...

Yup. After I get things synced properly I'll look into implementing something of the sort.

for those who don't know what I'm talking about, me Leus and I think it was Gumby were working for a little while on a special forces mod, which included different characters with different "abilities" such as a temporary force shield, phase cloak, maybe some health regen over time for some time, extra ammo, stronger throws etc... I was meant as a SP project, but it ended up being to buggy to work, but we still have the code for at least 3 of the classes we were working on, and they may have implications in multiplayer

Yeah, different abilities would be cool.

#36 07/05/10 13:07

Mukade

If you want, the code is still written on that google chat room, I still have it bookmarked if you wanted to copy it out

#37 07/05/10 13:07

Gumby

Nope. smile

#38 07/09/10 01:07

Stevinlewis

Its awesome! Where have I been all this while! hmm

#39 07/09/10 02:07

Mukade

We would ask you the same thing big_smile

#40 07/15/10 09:07

doctordulit

Now i feel so bad that i left world of Oni smile Looking at you and you'r progress makes me wanna help you.Maybe.In future.
But now,just want to wish luck to all of you.Remember,you do great work! big_smile

I have ice,and I can use it!!
Now I dont have ice,but I still can use it!!
Now I have ice,but i forgot how I can use it...xD

#41 07/25/10 12:07

Chamyky
Website

Obviously, you already know it, but Gumby, this is great.
It would be an understatement to say that we've all been dreaming of this with passion!

#42 08/17/10 15:08

Tudorge
Website

Wouldn't class/skin picking be easier and with less latency if it were a script on all computers?
And how about crossplatform mp? I haven't been here for some months and i don't know about this, but will windows and mac (and linux tongue) be able to play together?

#43 08/18/10 01:08

Gumby

Define "script on both computers". And no, unless things change, there aren't any plans for a mac port.

#44 08/18/10 04:08

Tudorge
Website

I don't really know, but scripts are like configs, and those are on server then downloaded by clients, so it will run syncronised.
Good luck with the project! wink

#45 08/18/10 11:08

TheCreature

WHAT???  No Mac Flatline?  You mean to say that if/when you finish MP, I'll just have to sit by and watch everyone else play?

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#46 08/18/10 12:08

Dirk Gently
Website

macs will have the coolest modding tool in a while, you can stick that to them tongue

Sad, I would like to try this as well.

#47 08/19/10 02:08

Tudorge
Website

Wouldn't bootcamp work for you?
1/2, more or less of OCF people have macs ...

#48 08/19/10 08:08

Dirk Gently
Website

what? install windows? you must be crazy.

#49 08/19/10 08:08

Tudorge
Website

try debian, fedora or ubuntu then or something else

#50 08/19/10 10:08

Dirk Gently
Website

install another os? you must be crazy.

Board footer