Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#101 10/22/11 09:10

RuthgerMiles

Re: Mukade

You play to much oni if: You paint your hair purple, call your little brother Muro and beats him up 3 times a day like this...

crazydolfightom4lk0.gif

#102 10/22/11 11:10

Mukade

Well, looks like we're both right and wrong, but as has been said, it wasn't clearly defined, and alot of this is speculation tongue

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#103 10/22/11 12:10

RuthgerMiles

indeed, and i find that shitty, but on the other hand its nice to create your own thought on how things went big_smile

You play to much oni if: You paint your hair purple, call your little brother Muro and beats him up 3 times a day like this...

crazydolfightom4lk0.gif

#104 10/22/11 14:10

Mukade

The nice thing about fiction is that there really is no Accurate or Inaccurate information, if it doesn't contradict anything that's already been made up smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#105 10/28/11 22:10

Phydur

for some reason i got the imppression that mukade was konoko's dad, at least at first. Which would be tragic and weird. but could be explained/reasoned.
is it ever said what happens to her dad, btw?

I intentionally spell dang, dange, FYI.

#106 10/28/11 22:10

Knox

He was either imprisoned or killed by the Syndicate when his lab was raided.

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#107 10/29/11 08:10

Yoriko

Mukade being Konoko's father would make little sense since Mukade is trying to keep her from getting the disc containing information about what her father was working on. hmm

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#108 10/29/11 08:10

s10k
Website

Yeah I also think he's her father. That would explain the close connection.

Last edited by s10k (10/29/11 08:10)

#109 10/29/11 09:10

TheCreature

I disagree heavily.

If Mukade were Hasegawa, I REALLY don't think he would've fought Konoko.  I don't care how much the syndicate tortured him, he's not likely to be that much their slave.

Also, why would he want to hide Konoko's identity from her?  If he were Hasegawa, I seriously doubt that he would go to the lengths that he did to keep the information from her.

As for their connection, I think that's more of a side-effect of their chrysalis.  Mukade's might be more integrated than Konoko's.   Oh... Here's a wild idea:  What if, when Muro was trying to replicate the daodan chrysalis in his bosses, he used MAI'S chrysalis as a starting framework?  Mukade's version, then, would have a lot of similarities with Mai's.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#110 10/29/11 11:10

s10k
Website

Well he tried to avoid Konoko until the end, where he got stuck.

I'm backing him into a corner. This isn't going to be pretty...

Mukade: All you have done by hunting me is force me to fight. You should have let me go.

If he didn't fight he would get killed, isn't? (by Konoko or Syndicate)

Now I agree that both have the chrysalis, but that doesn't kill the hypothesis of him being her father does it? (also she doesn't seem to have so close connection with the other chrysalis possessors like she have with Mukade)

If he were Hasegawa, I seriously doubt that he would go to the lengths that he did to keep the information from her.

Well he may where following orders and he also wanted to keep her past clean so she didn't discover what he had become?

#111 10/29/11 12:10

Mukade

The Syndicate didn't get their hands on Mai's Chrysalis, although I still don't understand what connection she had with Mukade, and not with Barabas or Muro. She never commented on either. Perhaps they intended to expand on Mukade, but never did it, or it got cut out.

It certainly is an interesting thought, although I doubt it's the case. If the connection had to do with family, she would have felt some connection when she first met Muro.

#112 10/29/11 16:10

RuthgerMiles

haha, how nice that this is still going on smile

crazydolfightom4lk0.gif

#113 01/02/12 13:01

Windy

neutral

Last edited by Windy (01/17/12 10:01)

#114 01/02/12 15:01

tokenoftime92
Website

but his/her (if you will) voice sounds too manly, if they wanted him to be a girl they would have definitely add a more girly voice

Oni Flatline is the sh@t.

#115 01/02/12 16:01

Windy

neutral

#116 01/02/12 16:01

Lithium

You know that's an interesting point, never imagined Mukade as a girl.. the body seems slim enough.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#117 01/02/12 16:01

Windy

neutral

#118 01/02/12 21:01

Striker

Windy wrote:
oxe161 wrote:

You know that's an interesting point, never imagined Mukade as a girl.. the body seems slim enough.

That is what im talking about !
Just look at our fellow member "Mukade's" avatar picture.

Since Mukade is a ninja-acrobat, he is required to have good posture. His body is also required to be slim, otherwise he won't be agile. He doesn't seem to have large breasts, nor does he have any other distinct female features.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#119 01/02/12 21:01

Knox

@Windy Are you implying that our Mukade is feminine?

Last edited by Knox (01/02/12 21:01)

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#120 01/03/12 06:01

tokenoftime92
Website

I'm not saying it's not possible but i think bungie would have make this thing more clear if this is the case

Oni Flatline is the sh@t.

#121 01/03/12 06:01

Windy

neutral

#122 01/03/12 07:01

adorage

*tries very hard not to make a stupid joke about gamer clichees*

I never thought of this either but it is possible that Mukade is female, their voice is so distorted you can't make out what it would have sounded like originally... I once wrote a FanFic in which Konoko finds out that Mukade isn't really wearing an armor at all but has altered his (in that story, his) body so much he actually looks the way he looks in the game naked, making himself into a kind of insect man. I mean, Mukade can teleport, become invisible at will and shoot lightning bolts, I don't know if we can even categorize his body by using conventional wisdom.

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#123 01/03/12 12:01

Striker

Windy wrote:
Striker wrote:
Windy wrote:
oxe161 wrote:

That is what im talking about !
Just look at our fellow member "Mukade's" avatar picture.

Since Mukade is a ninja-acrobat, he is required to have good posture. His body is also required to be slim, otherwise he won't be agile. He doesn't seem to have large breasts, nor does he have any other distinct female features.

Since Mukade is a ninja-acrobat, he is required to have good posture. (If you place Mukade next to a regular ninja, you can see the difference. Those other ninjas have male features, Mukade is smaller and thinner)
He doesn't seem to have large breasts. (Um, hello! Have you ever seen females with flat chest before?)

Mukade is also the best at doing his job, that's why he has to have better posture and be skinnier than other ninjas. Also, compare his voice to other (male) ninjas' voices - they sound very similar: distorted, robotic, low-pitched. And about the breasts - the developers of Oni made their characters very distinct (have either very female or very male features). In Oni, all known female characters have noticeable breasts. Also, all ninjas are male - it's only safe to assume that their leader is male as well, to keep the consistency.

Also, take a look at this image:
Chapter_9_.MISSION_COMPLETE.png
Look at his hands: Large and male-like.
Look at the body: Large chest, wide shoulders; male-like.
Look at the groin: Notice the uh... bulge; no female characters have distinct armour there.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#124 01/03/12 14:01

Dirk Gently
Website

The groin is a codpiece, it can be stylized regardless of gender. Not trying to rebut you on this as I believe Mukade is male, just making the point.

#125 01/03/12 15:01

Striker

Dirk Gently wrote:

The groin is a codpiece, it can be stylized regardless of gender. Not trying to rebut you on this as I believe Mukade is male, just making the point.

You are just backing up my point - Mukade's armour is very gender-specific; it makes him look more masculine.

Board footer