Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#201 08/15/11 12:08

TOCS

Re: AE Release! (2010-05)

Yeah, I did notice this right after release, but I didn't bother mentioning it. :3 It doesn't seem to be anything significant, in my opinion. tongue

#202 08/15/11 13:08

Samer
Website

i did say it is insignificant didn't I smile ? but there was no reason to change it in the first place, so why mess with the original ? it would require no effort to change it back just change vocalization in the tram of the heavy punch to 6 and in the heavy kick to 7. so why not smile
i would have fixed it myself but it's an AE package, and if i include the modified tram in any of my packages it gets overwritten by the andrashi cz it has a higher number.

Last edited by Samer (08/15/11 13:08)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#203 08/15/11 20:08

Knox

The Shinatama Too textures are screwed up. How to fix, please?
EDIT: I just figured out they're supposed to be like that. Sorry.

Last edited by Knox (08/18/11 09:08)

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#204 10/13/11 07:10

Samer
Website

Please guys if you are not going to release a new anniversary edition anytime soon at least update this one with those 2 files  (or attach them to the depot on the anniversary's page and add a note that they should be downloaded)

*the new bink32w http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22609960/binkw32.zip
*the latest onisplit

why ? because of this :

http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1892 post 17  by yoriko

http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1774 by lukas

http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1727 post 20 by coyote

http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … d=1282&p=4 post 89 by Qezor

and firstly by me http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … d=1629&p=1 post 25 number 3

#205 10/13/11 15:10

paradox-01

As Samer pointed out some users have problems with the current upload. I agree on updating the archives to prevent the mentioned problems.

If Microsoft or other companies would do nothing between their releases of  software products (eg. "vista" -> "7") the users would drop cuz of the bugs that occur in the meantime. But the companies care. Bugfixes, patches, service packs...

We should too. No need to wait for a new AE, imho. If the Moderators see this please write here if you are okay with single file updates.

#206 10/13/11 15:10

Iritscen

It's Gumby's call, as this seems to be an issue specific to Windows AE.  We were planning on a new AE, but there's no telling when it will happen at this point in time.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#207 10/13/11 15:10

Samer
Website

why would gumby mind ?

Last edited by Samer (10/13/11 15:10)

#208 10/13/11 17:10

Iritscen

*shrug* It's his Daodan, not mine.  I wouldn't even know which version to put in there.

#209 10/14/11 11:10

Samer
Website

this one ^_^ ! http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22609960/binkw32.zip really this solves those issues test it if u want.

and no disrespect but the AE package is supposed to be a community effort, the AE's team package not a single person's package.

btw this file was given to me originally by Gumby when i had the white textures problem when the latest AE was first released,.

Last edited by Samer (10/14/11 11:10)

#210 10/14/11 13:10

EdT
Website

Samer: I uploaded the binkw32 to the depot to the AE (Win) 2010-05a page and added a link to the file in the first post of this thread. 
Besides the shiny textures issues, does this binkw32 add or fix any other issue?
Thanks for your help.

#211 10/14/11 14:10

Iritscen

Samer wrote:

this one ^_^ ! http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22609960/binkw32.zip really this solves those issues test it if u want.

and no disrespect but the AE package is supposed to be a community effort, the AE's team package not a single person's package.

Of course, but the Daodan DLL is very much Gumby's project.  He's the one who develops it, so he's best able to tell us which version to use.  That's why I wasn't willing to modify it myself.

#212 10/14/11 14:10

Samer
Website

it did help me with some buffer overflow issues i was facing before in the dream lab in particular and some contrails not appearing

#213 10/14/11 15:10

Gumby

Go for it. Which DLL is that?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#214 10/15/11 16:10

Samer
Website

hear that big_smile ? we got the ok from Gumby.
It's the bink32 that works tongue it says version 1 but it's different from the one that comes with the edition, u gave it to me before.

all we need now is someone to actually download the anniversary edition replace the file and add the latest onisplit and re-upload it, shouldn't be too hard right ^_^ ?

volunteers ? ^_^

Last edited by Samer (10/15/11 16:10)

#215 10/16/11 07:10

paradox-01

Updated

(If twitter users wonder... it includes onisplit v0.9.61.0 for level modding and to fix little endian data issue we had sometimes.)

#216 10/16/11 10:10

Samer
Website

thanks paradox smile

#217 10/16/11 12:10

Yoriko

Have you guys made an AE demo yet so that my friends can try Oni? neutral

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#218 10/16/11 13:10

Iritscen

Alas, no.  It seems to me that one could make an informal demo just by deleting most of the game's .dat files.  For the AE, you could install some mods, and then remove the .dat/.raw files from Edition/GameDataFolder for all but a couple levels (I can't recall which ones the demo came with; I know there were three, and two of them were Warehouse and Airport (part 1?)).  Oni doesn't seem to have an issue with levels being missing.  Now, that's just something you can do for your friend, but we'll have to do something a bit more proper for an AE demo that can be distributed freely.

#219 10/16/11 13:10

Yoriko

So I simply send the whole Oni folder with the deleted levels to him with all the mods and packages that I've installed, would that work?

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#220 10/16/11 19:10

Gumby

Install AE, delete everything except for levels 1, 2, and 4, IIRC. I don't think there would be too much legal issue throwing in 3, too, just to keep things consistant.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#221 10/17/11 07:10

Iritscen

Right, the idea is to send him the Edition/ folder, not all of Oni/.

#222 08/13/12 16:08

Samer
Website

Iritscen wrote:

Just to comment briefly on the AE thing since my ears are burning -- we always wanted to have the AE automatically detect updates and offer to install them.  And I know we should put out a new AE for a few other reasons too; I'm just waiting on a couple other things to come into place before it's the right time for a new release.  Blame me, if you must, but hold on for another month or two and something should happen.

I hope before you release a new AE that some of our comments, and recommendations are taken into consideration as well.

*things that need to be fixed : including latest onisplit and bink32.dll to fix textures problems
*replace the brutal AI package by Loser version 1 by version 2, as we pointed out, version 1 prevents them from doing super moves.
*Upgraded ONCCs : female cops seem to be really low on health in comparison to others.
*Tanker sounds on super moves .. nuclear tackle should be on the heavy kick and blockbuster on the heavy punch in the AE the sound from heavy punch is removed and given to the heavy kick
** Even if one disables knockdown revamp, fists of legend don't work and characters knockdown other characters and sometimes the player gets knocked down by his own attack**
****Upgrade the character variants u include with the AE to include the new characters, Motoko and My characters ie : include my character additives package by default ****
*** Include the Jewel fix by striker and myself to allow comguys to be affected by willow kick***
** in glass breaking moves or upgraded trams also allow throws to affect stunned enemies, now only konoko's do**

Include character re-texture package
include Leus's OniZen garden Arena .. which is really easier and has more options than OTA, arena of hurt or other mods ..

Last edited by Samer (08/13/12 16:08)

#223 08/13/12 21:08

EdT
Website

I agree with Samer's comments about the contents of the next AE. 

My suggestion though is to have AE focus on enhancements and fixes to Oni and not include any custom characters (such as BGI) or levels.  We now have the 3rd Party Mod directory and Mod Depot where new members can quickly find mods to add.

This will keep AE easier to maintain and update.  The program itself works fine, so no additional coding is necessary.

#224 08/13/12 22:08

Samer
Website

yes that's also a valid suggestion, remove all ''additions'' including characters, and levels (including shinatama too and old newcharacters, either that or include others too) and even weapons, but include fixes : include the new character variants to make adding the new characters by user easier. Include the tram fixes i suggested for throws and willowkick, brutal AI version 2, upgraded ONCCs (enhance female cops), Severed Textures and character retexture,  breaking glass, tanker sounds fix, new menus, konoko HD and griffin HD and hopefully muro .. (And if possible level retextures though that would increase the size) .. Things that improve the original game graphically and gameplay wise .. And for additional content users can download.

However, some don't even check the forum, so Include with the AE a sort of catalog of the current content, it can be a pdf file grouping current mods or most recommended mods  by type with screenshots and links, that way the user can see what content is available and download what he likes. The depot is great, but some stuff on it is incomplete, not in package form or has become outdaed so a catalog can provide links and screenshots in 1 place and easily. I'll be more than happy to make that catalog (pdf or html or whatever is best)

Last edited by Samer (08/13/12 22:08)

#225 08/14/12 04:08

s10k
Website

I like Samer's suggestions in above post, maybe just include the fixes and improvements would be a good idea. The PDF/html document seems also a good idea. Other would be use a web catalog inside the program making the installations automatically, this however would need some normalization, and may be troublesome. Include latest Vago for windows users would be also a good option (but I would like to launch a small update meanwhile). Plus of course include latest onisplit and daodan.

Last edited by s10k (08/14/12 04:08)

Board footer