Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 06/20/10 03:06

love_Oni

Re: What disappointed people about Oni?

Wow you have made 1000 posts, more than what I have done up to now. Congratulations, Mukade big_smile

Mukade wrote:

But it's a bit harder having discussions, such as the ones Paff seems to like starting. They're very text heavy, and what could be said in 10 minutes takes days to go through.

Haha, you say it very right. It often takes me from 5-30 minutes to post a reply, even posting a short reply like this ('cause my English is bad  sad). Just keep on going, man. wink

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#52 06/20/10 13:06

Mukade

The one upside to those long posts is that we can have multiple discussions simultaneously, if your willing to read through that much text

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#53 06/22/10 21:06

Lithium

true man so true, unfortunately i took too much advantage of that freedom

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#54 07/15/10 02:07

zilcon

i thought everything after lvl 6 was dissappointing
i mean it all went downhill from there the levels became more boring and long. the environments looked more the same same goes for the computers you see in almost every level. every controller looks the same.  the fact that you fight against TCTF wasn't fun at all but that's just my opninion.  the lack of choices in the game. the lack of levels. the lack of weapons the most i guess there weren't much guns and levels in the game. also i would have seen more freerunning and parkour in it. like being able to do wallruns and stuff. crawling and ducking. lol maybe even some vaults. also there were too many of the same type of syndicate soldiers there should be some new ones. at first it was cool but at a certain point i began to sigh* to see another striker coming up

Static Fist!!! tongue

#55 07/15/10 14:07

Mukade

*dreams of ledge grabbing*

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#56 07/15/10 15:07

Jon God

Mukade wrote:

*dreams of ledge grabbing*

God damn, this this this, a thousand times, this.

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#57 09/07/10 14:09

Kemot722

1) Lack of Multiplayer

2) Game modes: only single player linear gameplay.

3) Animations of characters - talking with static mouth.

I'm back again smile

#58 09/07/10 16:09

myplea1

Kemot722 wrote:

1) Lack of Multiplayer

2) Game modes: only single player linear gameplay.

3) Animations of characters - talking with static mouth.

Well hopefully that lack of multiplayer will change soon. I agree about the LAck of game mods but there are a few mods on this site like survival and team battles OTA.

Awol

#59 09/07/10 17:09

Iritscen

He said modes, not mods smile  And yes, alternate paths would be nice in more levels.  It might be possible to work them into existing levels at some point.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#60 09/08/10 14:09

Mukade

Lol, the only "alternate path" in Oni is the Airport Assault II where you can skip I think it's savepoint 4? That's as close as you're gonna get lol, unless someone physically edits the maps and levels (which would be pretty damn cool)

Maybe the old content might never become anything but linear, but hopefully, any new levels added, such as the BGI level still in planning stages, will be alot more interesting!

#61 09/09/10 22:09

GmasterRED
Website

zilcon wrote:

i thought everything after lvl 6 was dissappointing
i mean it all went downhill from there the levels became more boring and long. the environments looked more the same same goes for the computers you see in almost every level. every controller looks the same.  the fact that you fight against TCTF wasn't fun at all but that's just my opninion.  the lack of choices in the game. the lack of levels. the lack of weapons the most i guess there weren't much guns and levels in the game. also i would have seen more freerunning and parkour in it. like being able to do wallruns and stuff. crawling and ducking. lol maybe even some vaults. also there were too many of the same type of syndicate soldiers there should be some new ones. at first it was cool but at a certain point i began to sigh* to see another striker coming up

Really? I like the levels after 6 the best. I thought the enemy became quite diverse, with the ninja's, those big doufus guys, and the Barbara's minis. I also aproved of the weapons, although I wish you could hold a pistol and a rifle at the same time. Oh yeah, and the female syndicate. They were also another enemy.

#62 09/24/10 17:09

Den

HAaah.. multiplayer would be the most terrific thing ever. Especially when I myself played 12 years just for the sake of the fighting system.
And yes, hi, new to the forums. Big oni fan o.=.~ pleased to meet yall
"• AI is poor, and doesn't notice things."
I can back that up with this I made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z8zI6DNRD0

#63 09/24/10 18:09

Iritscen

Heh, that's silly.  I haven't ever had that happen to me, but I think I remember Loser saying once that when the AI has its sound awareness triggered lightly, it can't have its visual awareness triggered until it receives a stronger sound alert.  Normally that happens automatically when you run up to the AI to attack them and make footstep sounds, so I guess Bungie overlooked what happens when someone is being sneaky smile  Oh, and welcome, Den.

#64 09/25/10 01:09

Gumby

Mukade wrote:

Lol, the only "alternate path" in Oni is the Airport Assault II where you can skip I think it's savepoint 4? That's as close as you're gonna get lol, unless someone physically edits the maps and levels (which would be pretty damn cool)
Maybe the old content might never become anything but linear, but hopefully, any new levels added, such as the BGI level still in planning stages, will be alot more interesting!

Look up the Oni speed runs. There are extra areas. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#65 09/25/10 07:09

Den

Iritscen wrote:

smile  Oh, and welcome, Den.

Cheeries, might take a while to get acquintant, didnt know where to start either so I gave a random go.

#66 09/25/10 08:09

Iritscen

You missed the ninja Introduction forum wink  It only appears once you've registered.

#67 09/25/10 11:09

Den

Iritscen wrote:

You missed the ninja Introduction forum wink  It only appears once you've registered.

Apologies! I'll head there now
But if I may be wondering. With all these flaws Oni has, what are players doing to make the game more challenging? I personally try to collect bunches of enemies at certain places and have them all follow me to one spot, and there fight all of them when theyre maybe 5-15 enemies xP
Or trying to run through levels using no hypos.

Board footer