Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/08/10 18:05

Tiger_of_Kai

Mod ideas

had 3 ideas for modding:

1: Continous after-image  for Konoko: basicly a continous flowing afterimage effect like of with the shadow dash and Fury speical attacks, but wanted it to be done so there would be an after image effect even when doing normal actions and such like when running, jumping, etc

2: Matrix agents: Possibly converting the civilan males into retextured Matrix agents (Geen suits and black ties). the BGI agents are ok, but they look more like detectives than acutal Agents

3:removing laser/green ammo weapons with only bullet/red ammo weapons

#2 05/08/10 18:05

Gumby

Re: Mod ideas

Tiger_of_Kai wrote:

had 3 ideas for modding:

1: Continous after-image  for Konoko: basicly a continous flowing afterimage effect like of with the shadow dash and Fury speical attacks, but wanted it to be done so there would be an after image effect even when doing normal actions and such like when running, jumping, etc

Bungie said they turned it on for all animations one time, and it apparently sucked. smile In any case, it would lag up your system.

2: Matrix agents: Possibly converting the civilan males into retextured Matrix agents (Geen suits and black ties). the BGI agents are ok, but they look more like detectives than acutal Agents

To what end?

3:removing laser/green ammo weapons with only bullet/red ammo weapons

sad Do you just not like energy weapons?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 05/08/10 20:05

TheCreature

Ok.... no more Matrix for T_K.  Dunno if anyone else noticed, but all of those mod ideas are in the Matrix.  Not that I didn't like the movie.

By the way, I disagree strongly with you on taking away energy weapons.  personally, I feel that those (energy) weapons aren't used nearly enough, or just aren't powerful enough.  What I would like to see is some really great plasma weapons that are just about equal to, say, a Mercury bow, SBG, or Scram cannon, all of which use ballistic ammo.  even in the weapon mods, there aren't many "green ammo" weapons.

How about this:  Is it possible to make a "sticky" bullet, using the Screaming Cannon?  So instead of floating around, the shot stays on whatever it hits, and then drains the life from whoever gets too close.  So that, say, if I saw a group of enemies patrolling an area, I could pull out my "sticky gun" and shoot one of them, and then it would create a draining aura around that person, hurting them and everyone near them.  Kinda like the "Irradiate" spell from StarCraft.

Here's where I got the idea:  http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Science … #Abilities

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#4 05/08/10 21:05

Gumby

And how exactly would you defend against such a bullet? Or multiple bullets?

#5 05/08/10 21:05

TheCreature

Dodge.  Run away.  It wouldn't have to be a seeker, just fly in a straight line.  And if it hits you, force shield and hypos.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#6 05/09/10 09:05

Tiger_of_Kai

ok ok, i get the point, my ideas suck lol. Namely my reason for a dislike of plasma weapons is, well, its not really a dislike, just really a preference, although the VDG is fun to use lol lol

#7 05/09/10 12:05

TheCreature

Yeah, I like the VDG, too.  And don't stop thinking up ideas, bad ideas are part of how we learn to come up with good ideas, right?

#8 05/09/10 12:05

Mukade

It's good to have out of the box thinkers, ever if it turns out to be a bad idea, you never know when one is going to be  good right wink

and even so, someone might be able to gain another idea because of your suggestion

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#9 05/09/10 13:05

EdT
Website

I agree with TheCreature and Mukade.  Sometimes bad ideas or mods can bring good results.  I speak from experience: http://wiki.oni2.net/User:EdT  big_smile

So Tiger_of_Kai, don't be afraid to to share your ideas or mods.  Just be sure to wear a teflon coat, so the negative criticism won't hurt as much. :-)

#10 05/09/10 13:05

Mukade

d'oh, how inspirational *sniff*  big_smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#11 05/09/10 14:05

Tiger_of_Kai

Hands Mukade a tissue*

Ok. and also, has anyone (just ofr laughs or kicks) thought about creating a OTA of the Burly Brawl area?

#12 05/09/10 15:05

Mukade

Nooo idea what you speak of tongue

Anyways, I have a few more ideas:

Distraction shot:
Causes enemies to look in a certain direction, so you can get around, or ambush them
Adds more of a "stealth" element to the game
--------------------------------------------------------
Re-texture of the "green screen" terminals
Enough said, they look like they need an update smile
------------------------------------------------------
Gravity Gun SBG:
Cause the shot from SBG to let out a shockwave causing enemies to fly
up in the air high enough to take some fall damage. (using energy cells?)
Particle would probably be recolored "earthquaker" particles
----------------------------------------------------
Flamethrower:
Possibly using plasma rifle model, and the particles from the jet engine of a plane on airport assault
(energy cell)

At least half of these I know would be possible, and I have the skill to do myself. What im really intersted in is the first item. I was going through some Oni levels, and found it very hard to use stealth because they're facing in the wrong direction sad
I want to be able to sneak by people tongue 
Is something like this possible?

#13 05/09/10 17:05

TheCreature

Cool.  Not sure about the flame thrower gun.  It'd look cool, but it seems to me that if an enemy gets that close, it's usually better to just go hand to hand with them.

I like the Shockwave SBG.  I've sometimes accomplished this (to an extent) with a normal SBG, getting the explosive to sit on the floor until someone walks over it, and then releasing the trigger to ignite the bomb, throwing them into the air.

As for the distraction gun, I remember seeing a few graphs here a while back, showing the distance from where the AI "hears" a shot fired.  It had three rings, i believe.  The biggest one was the report of the gun itself, then the ricochet sound, and a third I can't remember.  Could this gun be achieved by drastically reducing the report, and then increasing the ricochet?

#14 05/09/10 19:05

Gumby

Yeah, a silenced pistol should be doable.

#15 05/09/10 19:05

Mukade

its possible, but what I'm worried that it isnt possible to get them to face where the bullet landed, but they'd face where it came from, whihc would defeat the purpose... but there would be two steps for it to work. First would be get it to work, next would be to make it cool big_smile

Cool.  Not sure about the flame thrower gun.  It'd look cool, but it seems to me that if an enemy gets that close, it's usually better to just go hand to hand with them.

Yeah, plus it wouldn't be quite as fun if they didn't light on fire, that would be hard to do sad

No, no no, a silenced pistol is EZ sauce, I know exactly how to do it, but the question i need answered is it possible to get the AI to face where the bullet landed?

Last edited by Mukade (05/09/10 19:05)

#16 05/09/10 20:05

Lukas Kreator

About the first post ideas...

Well, first and second ideas are very good, but I think you could just make the afterimage for powerfull attacks.
However, I did not like third one, as it would be weird a Plasma launcher to recharge with ballistic ammo... tongue

#17 05/09/10 23:05

Gumby

Mukade wrote:

its possible, but what I'm worried that it isnt possible to get them to face where the bullet landed, but they'd face where it came from, whihc would defeat the purpose... but there would be two steps for it to work. First would be get it to work, next would be to make it cool big_smile

Yeah, plus it wouldn't be quite as fun if they didn't light on fire, that would be hard to do sad

Flamethrower is possible (even burning) but will probably not be fun...

No, no no, a silenced pistol is EZ sauce, I know exactly how to do it, but the question i need answered is it possible to get the AI to face where the bullet landed?

Just give it a largeish sound radius for collisions and it should work ok.

#18 05/09/10 23:05

Tiger_of_Kai

Lukas Kreator wrote:

About the first post ideas...

Well, first and second ideas are very good, but I think you could just make the afterimage for powerfull attacks.
However, I did not like third one, as it would be weird a Plasma launcher to recharge with ballistic ammo... tongue

Do you know how to do after image effect?

#19 05/10/10 12:05

Lukas Kreator

Tiger_of_Kai: Sorry, but I don't. I am really poor at model animating and particles...

#20 05/10/10 14:05

Mukade

Hmm, I was also thinking, as a secondary fire to a distraction weapon, you could have like, a 3 second phase cloak, not enough to be overpowered, but enough to cover a small distance without being seen smile

#21 05/10/10 16:05

TheCreature

That'd be cool.  But how much ammo would it eat up?  How much ammo does the gun have?  And I'm also wondering, what'd be the damage on this gun?  I'm picturing a small exploding bullet, to make it seem like it would create more sound, but would it do more damage?

#22 05/11/10 20:05

Mukade

no no, the whole point is to be stealthy. As for charge, I'm not certain, it certainly wouldn't be huge, maybe a clip the size of VDG pistol (about 5).

I know I can probably get an enemy to face the shot, but I also want to know if it would be possible to make him investigate as well big_smile

Last edited by Mukade (05/11/10 20:05)

#23 05/11/10 20:05

Gumby

I don't know Mukade.

#24 05/11/10 21:05

Tiger_of_Kai

well, what about instead of weapons, could ahve them as powers?

for example (weapons that could be turned into powers)

weapon namee = What power the weapon would be = Aura color instead of equipped weapon

Screamin' Cannon = Life Drain power = Purple aura
VDG = Lighting bolt power = Blue aura
Plasma rifle = cucussion blasts = yellow aura
Barbarus Gun = Plasma stream power? = Red Aura

what do you all think?

#25 05/12/10 12:05

TheCreature

How would this work?  How would we control the powers?  It might look cool, but I'm not sure how practical this would be.  Cool idea though.  That first one sounds like Barabas' draining regeneration mod.

Board footer