Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/15/10 07:04

northero
Website

hardware zone

ok I post this topic so that people in this forum can ask other people in this forum about computer stuffs like ' hey guys I'm gonna buy this or that, can you gimme some advice?' or post your specs...  smile

ok guys I'm gonna sign a 2year internet contract with starhub and they are giving out a free notebook but I might consider buying another laptop if this laptop cannot support even 2D games or Gunz and even oni so I need some advice on how good/bad it is and to wad extent are the games I can play...

Specs:
Intel CULV processor SU2300 1.2GHz      13.3 WXGA HB  LED(1280X800)
Glare-type   320GB HDD,2GB DDR3 RAM    802.11 B/H/N, Bluetooth    8cell battery ( up to 10 hr battery life)   no built-in HSDPA function

PS: I couldn't find the graphic card information but my guess is tat it is definitely an integrated intel graphic card

Last edited by northero (04/15/10 07:04)

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

#2 04/15/10 08:04

TOCS

Re: hardware zone

The purpose of a netbook is far from gaming. I'd advice you to get atleast a laptop, if you want to play games. Gaming has always been pointed at desktop computers, and that's a fact. wink

#3 04/15/10 13:04

Gumby

Should support Oni (that processor is a dual core, right?)

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#4 04/15/10 14:04

TOCS

Theoretically he'll be able to run it on that netbook, but your performance will be very limited.

#5 04/15/10 14:04

demos_kratos

AFAIR Oni's engine uses software graphics so it doesn't use GPU too much.
Just to compare. Oni flied on P3 700MGhz + Voodoo 3dfx GPU 32 MB RAM + 128 MB RAM back in 2001.

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#6 04/16/10 02:04

TOCS

I'm just having my doubts, as netbooks usually performes extremely bad in games. I've tried playing Counter-Strike 1.6 on a netbook from 2009, and I wouldn't say that it's any good. Also, Gunz requires more than Oni, so you might think again before getting anything new.

#7 04/16/10 07:04

northero
Website

yeah I decided not to get it and juz ask my parents to buy a 1.2k laptop with ATI Radeon HD ????(I forgot) so yeah... thanks for all the advice given big_smile and btw I didn't realise it was a netbook coz they stated tat it is a notebook =X

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

Board footer