Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/25/10 09:03

Ridrave

graphic card problem

Help!!! I Just Bought A Sapphire HD 5830 few days ago. I Plug it in tightly and secure and there's no signal input on my monitor. To cut it short my motherboard always detect the onboard graphic but not the pci express slot.

And i've meet all the system requirement:
SAPPHIRE HD5830 1GB GDDR5 PCI EXPRESS X16 2.0
(http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentatio … 01&pid=323)

Or maybe i running motherboard pci express x16 1.0 slot and the graphic card is running pcie express x16 2.0.... But i heard its stills can Run (http://superuser.com/questions/14709/wi … otherboard)

I check BIOS already and my bios sux the option are limited. I know that you must change primary display driver on-board to Pci-e on Bios but my Bios dun have that option sad.gif I try Both Dvi Still di same

HEeeeeelp......... sad

Last edited by Ridrave (03/25/10 09:03)

mycharactercreation1.gif

#2 03/25/10 12:03

Aramoro_

Re: graphic card problem

First, thats a really good graphics card...
think about buying 1 myself

Possible reasons:
1.That card is big and heavy, there is a chance that it brakes the slot...so chek whit an other card
2.Make sure u connected power at the end/top of the card
3.Hope ur motherboard ist 2 old, it might not be compatible whit older chipsets...u might as well post it here(and rest of ur hardware)

PCI didnt matters...its only about data transfer speed, and its backwards compatible...

Last edited by Aramoro_ (03/25/10 12:03)

#3 03/31/10 22:03

Mukade

Yeah, I would say, take your monitor cable and make sure it's plugged into the video card and not your mother board

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#4 04/01/10 06:04

northero
Website

might there be a problem with the power supply ?  hmm

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

Board footer