Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/15/10 19:03

Mukade

Animations

I know this topic has come up so many times, but it never solves my problems. I can't get onisplit to extract them, I need some tips on how to do this from someone who has succeeded. I'm hoping to start making some new moves in the future, the old ones are getting boring wink

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#2 03/15/10 21:03

EdT
Website

Re: Animations

You will need to put the folders level0_Animations and level0_Textures inside the level0_Characters folder.
Then you use OniSplit GUI to extract the animation as DAE, here is a brief walkthrough:
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 698#p23698

#3 03/16/10 15:03

Mukade

Hmm, it isn't working, before I put the folders inside level0_characters, it gave me a whole list of errors. Now that I put textures and animations in the same folder it's giving me:

Animation TRAMREDCOMcomb_p.oni not found.

Getting somewhere, but I have no clue whats wrong now

Last edited by Mukade (03/16/10 16:03)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#4 03/16/10 16:03

Mukade

Here's a screenshot of my characters folder, my GUI and the Onisplit cmd window
error.jpg

hope you can sorta read that :-/

Last edited by Mukade (03/16/10 16:03)

#5 03/16/10 18:03

EdT
Website

What version of OniSplit are you using?

#6 03/16/10 18:03

Mukade

I'm using the one just released by demos_kratos, the "fixed" version 0.8.12

Also took a peak at the source code, didnt help me much, I found the section that is relelvent to the page, but no idea whats wrong. Probably cause I have no knowledge in programming of that language

Last edited by Mukade (03/16/10 19:03)

#7 03/16/10 19:03

EdT
Website

One other thing you could try is create a new folder and copy all the files from level0_characters, textures, animations and put them in there.  Then select from the GUI, the ONCC and TRAM name and see if it works.

#8 03/16/10 19:03

Mukade

Ditto on the error, I wanna say it's an Onisplit error, but if you can do it...

grr, must be missing sumthin

#9 03/16/10 23:03

demos_kratos

yeah, probably messed TRACs. Copy those from packages\Globalize\oni\level0_Final\level0_Animations\TRAC prep\level0_TRAC\ to level0_Characters.

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#10 03/16/10 23:03

Mukade

Not that either, the animation is there, but it doesn't see it. i've tried with other animations too.

Soz I still don't know what the problem is, maybe its OniSplit GUI? Could you maybe give link to an older version of the GUI so i can give it a try?

#11 03/17/10 05:03

Iritscen

Hopefully when we get the next AE out, it will help with this kind of thing, as we did away with the separated level0 folders.

Can you try exactly what I did to extract the Konoko model here?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#12 03/17/10 11:03

Mukade

Tried it same problem... in fact if you scroll down that link you sent me, you'll see I have the same problem there as well, Animation not found...

Might it be that since OniSplit doesn't require a path to animation you want to extract, that it looks in the same place every time?

Last edited by Mukade (03/17/10 11:03)

#13 03/17/10 13:03

EdT
Website

Mukade: OniSplit expects the TRAM will be in the same folder or subfolder folder where the ONCC is located.

In Iritscen's example what happens with this code:

onisplit -extract:dae folder_name  ONCCkonoko_generic.oni

#14 03/17/10 13:03

Mukade

Well, when using onisplit GUI, if I don't check off the Extract Animation box, it works fine, the model extracts in dae format. albeit, it's a bit folded over wink

#15 03/18/10 10:03

EdT
Website

Tell me which animation and character you want and I'll extract them for you.  Then you can start playing with 3D animation big_smile

#16 03/18/10 13:03

Mukade

Hmm, perhaps give me a few idle poses to play with? How about strikers, konoko's and fury's?

In fact, on a slightly more specific note, you know how you can glitch it so if a target is standing right behind you you can pull a back throw? Is it possible to make a serperate throw that will only trigger if theres a target behind you? I'm guessing it would be difficult to do, but I gotta ask :-/

Last edited by Mukade (03/18/10 13:03)

#17 03/18/10 18:03

EdT
Website

Here's a link to the files: http://edt.oni2.net/temp/MukadeFiles.zip

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question.

#18 03/18/10 22:03

Mukade

Thanks alot

RAWR at pelvis leg twists how can i fix?

Last edited by Mukade (03/18/10 22:03)

#19 03/18/10 22:03

EdT
Website

#20 03/19/10 00:03

Mukade

Gahh, sry for making ya post, I did remember seeing that and I checked, forgot to edit my post :-/

Doing good so far, making a kick animation, the kick part is okay, but the transition back to normal stance is proving awkward :-/
getting late to work on it, but hopefully it'll be done soon enough. Gonna make a three or even four kick combo wink

#21 03/19/10 22:03

Mukade

Almost done, when the whole thing is done, I'll record and post the full (rough) copy. Still need to micro adjust some of the parts that twitch a millimeter every frame and drive me nuts sad

Also, I decided it looked better when I played it in reverse, is there an easy way to just flip the keyframes? Or do I have to drag them one by one into position?

#22 03/20/10 05:03

paradox-01

There's "Stretch with pivot tool (B)" in animation editor. You could use this when having all points selected. But this would still need fine-tuning per selection tool. And if it's also bugged for you then it can become fast pain in the ass. (Over here, the curve graphic isn't updating.)

However, AFAIK, the most precise way to reverse the animation is to use the dope sheet.
Example on baba's earth quaker:
1) double the frame number from 39 -> 79
2) select all body parts and open the animation editor (dope sheet)
3) moving frame 39 to 40; 38 to 41; and so on until 1 becomes 79
4) select all pieces and move them to 1-39
5) reduce the frame number again to 39

There's a screenshot attached illustrating 3).

Last edited by paradox-01 (03/20/10 06:03)

#23 03/20/10 23:03

EdT
Website

Mukade: One thing I learned about 3D animation is not to worry about the little irritating glitches or imperfections while making the animation.  Rather, test your rough animation in Oni and see how it looks.  Often times the animations move so quickly, that you never see the glitches in the game.  Remember, each frame takes 1/60th of a second, so a 2 frame glitch will be visible 1/30th of a second.

Of course, if you are a perfectionist, you can ignore my advice. :-)

#24 03/31/10 22:03

Mukade

yeah I know what you mean, but the animations in Oni look so smooth is the thing, and I do see my error, like the foot on the ground is teleporting around by a few centimetres. I think on my next try, I'm going to work on onr body part at a time, instead of all the body parts on the first frame, all them on the second frame etc...

Yeah, I tried reversing them all on the dopesheet, but the animation stayed the same >_> i dunno why... oh well, that was a first attempt, I will most likely try again fresh, with some new tricks I've picked up, itll go alot faster...

#25 04/24/10 19:04

Mukade

Hey Edt, I was wondering if I could trouble you for a few more animations? Specifically, I want ninja's idle stance, shadowstep and if you can think of any that  might be useful, like run start is a good one because it's used to go into throws usually, stuff like that. Thx

Board footer