Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/15/10 19:03

Mukade

Mod Suggestions

Just to clear up:

This is not a mod request page

This is to give ideas for mods that seem possible, or even impossible, but that may give inspiration. Could also be a drop point for mod ideas you want to get done, but just don't have the time to do yourself. Plus, I have so many ideas here and there, it'd be nice to have somewhere I can keep track of em, and get other ideas. I'm itching for a sort of easy, yet creative mod to make, but I need some suggestions.

Here's one thing I was thinking:
A combo system?
not like the one already, like move combos, but combos that rely on certain conditions, like if there health is at a certain amount, it does a certain move on him if you hit a triple punch
Or if you are in midthrow, there's a way to counter it. something like:

if chr_animate 0 STRCOMthrow_fw_tgt
{
<wait for button sequence>
<play animation>
}

Last edited by Mukade (03/15/10 19:03)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#2 03/16/10 12:03

TheCreature

Re: Mod Suggestions

I'm pretty sure this is impossible, but what about a mod that adds "super hypos" that do 2x healing?  Or something else, like a "hypo station" that looks and works like a data console, except it heals you to full when you activate it.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#3 03/16/10 12:03

TOCS

I would like to see are more realistic weapon system. I can bare with the recoil, but the accuracy is impossible to control. I think the whole weapon system would need a modification.

#4 03/16/10 15:03

Mukade

TOCS wrote:

I would like to see are more realistic weapon system. I can bare with the recoil, but the accuracy is impossible to control. I think the whole weapon system would need a modification.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting here? Make the weapons more accurate, or you have to do something that makes them more accurate?

Speaking of which, I'm thinking maybe something like a weapon addon? Maybe they don't start with a laser sight or something?

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#5 03/16/10 15:03

TOCS

Basicly what I meant, was that the weapon system seems uncontrolable. Like your not really able to control the spray of a gun. Also I think spray weapons needs more damage. It can take about one pistol magazine to kill a striker.

#6 03/16/10 15:03

Mukade

I see what you mean, maybe if you are crouching or using the prone mod, it increases accuracy? I think it's possible, i've looked at weapon XML sheets before and i know how to modify the spray. it would be interesting if you could give the spray conditions such as that.
I like your idea, and I may look into it when I have time wink

Two words:

Head lock

That would be fuuuunnn, I'm working on extracting animations now, so maybe I'll give this a crack xD

Last edited by Mukade (03/16/10 15:03)

#7 03/16/10 16:03

Jon God

TheCreature wrote:

I'm pretty sure this is impossible, but what about a mod that adds "super hypos" that do 2x healing?  Or something else, like a "hypo station" that looks and works like a data console, except it heals you to full when you activate it.

How about Halo style healing? Get hit, wait like 7 seconds, and your health starts recharging automatically.

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#8 03/16/10 16:03

Mukade

I don't think the game style is right for that, there aren't enough enemies around, you would have to really reduce your character's health to be only able to take half as many hits for that system to balance out. But maybe something like it

In fact, I was thinking of making a class system, when you start a level, you choose what class you want to be. Me, Leus and i think it was Gumby laid out some framework for classes when we were working on a different mod, but I may introduce that seperatly to the game as a standalone mod.

Basically the person would choose between a few classes:
Phantom, which gives you an activateable phase cloak every minute or so, but your health is reduced to i think it was 75? maybe more i dunno
Titan, which gives a bit more health and an activateable forceshield.
Slayer, which gives you a slow trickle of health (I may have to change this so it's only occasionally)

#9 03/16/10 16:03

s10k
Website

Jon God wrote:

How about Halo style healing? Get hit, wait like 7 seconds, and your health starts recharging automatically.

That sounds like elderrune cheat to me.

I can bare with the recoil, but the accuracy is impossible to control.

You may try the chr_weapon_auto_aim=0 command at the console.

Last edited by s10k (03/16/10 17:03)

#10 03/16/10 16:03

TheCreature

I didn't write that, Script.  I believe Jon God did after he quoted me.  Just sayin'.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#11 03/16/10 17:03

s10k
Website

Sorry mistake while editing. Fixed. smile

Last edited by s10k (03/16/10 17:03)

#12 03/16/10 20:03

Mukade

Hmm,
if chr_animate 0 crouch(with gun)
{
<gun more accurate>
}
i tried the chr_weapon_auto_aim=0
didnt do anything :-/

theres gotta be a command that can change a weapons accuracy, or even power?

Headshots anyone?

#13 03/17/10 06:03

Loser

Hello modders,

Mukade wrote:

A combo system?

What do you mean? I have experimented with two types of what should fit Your definition of a "combo system":

1.) Combo finishiers - idea is to force victim into some sort of "stun", then press selected key combination to finish him off with flashy move.

2.) Breakeable grabs - press selected key combination as soon as animation starts to break out of a grab.

ad 1.) Can be done with help of HEXediting ( or via OniSplit ^_^ ), there is need of new animations ( EdT? ) otherwise it looks weird. It was planned to be done as an extension of Oni's melee for multiplayer purposes.

General idea is - when you press forward + punch/kick and activate a grab, victim is forced into a short stun animation ( nut kicked, face punched, arm locked etc ). This is done in about a half a second. Now attacker can choose to either:
- finish the job with punches/kicks
- let the victim collapse and do something else
- finish victim off with more damaging yet lenghty grab.

How to mod it in?
*.tgt animations usually have FromState 0x07 ( Stand) and 0x13 ( Crouch ). Corresponding ToState is usually 0x12 ( Fallen back ) or 0x32 ( Fallen front ).

Now, modify this selected *.tgt anim ( let's assume we are modding FRONT PUNCH GRAB ) so it goes ToState 0x42 ( Watch idle ). This AnimState is almost useless, can be omitted and Konoko's radio watching can be purely scripted without the need of linking in, idle and out anims via TRAM system. 

Now we have *.tgt grab response animation which has FromState 0x07 and 0x13 and ToState 0x42.

Next, create a TRAM which has FromState 0x42 and ToState 0x12 or ToState 0x32. AnimType should be 0x06 - Stand. This will be the animation which will be played if victim is left to collapse to the ground.

Finally, Take Punch pistol disarm TRAM and modify it so it has FromState 0x42 as well. And don't forget to change varient from PIS ( 0x08 ) to MELEE (0x02) or 0x00 for BOTH pistol disarm animations ( grab one and grab target as well ). Required to make it work.

If everything was done correctly, then if you perform a front punch grab on an enemy, he is put into some 0x42 nonesense animation then goes to the floor. But if you rapidly press forward + punch, he will be first punch grabbed ( some nonsense anim starts ) and then pistol disarmed in one fluid combo! All you have to do now is to modify corresponding TRAMs animation-wise to produce nice combo move.

And yes, by doing this mod we have to sacrifice one disarm move AnimType. Well, I think one disarm AnimType ( for example rifle one ) can be used for both pistol and disarms via Varient ( PIS, RIF ). Yes, we won't have different disarm moves for pistols and rifles then, but that is a toll for creating richer unarmed combat we can put up with I think.

Loser

Last edited by Loser (03/17/10 07:03)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#14 03/17/10 07:03

Loser

ad 2.) Has been experimented with. The only one sorta useable way to have escapeable throws is to script such a behavior via BSL. HEXediting won't help here and we cannot change code.

One of the possible approaches is to create a dummy character. Take some character ( A_t47 in the Warehouse for example ), set it passive ( Ai2_passive ), unkillable, untouchable, invincible, the team should be Switzerland and it has ai2_takecontrol 0. Make sure it is the first character which is spawned after the player, so it has ID 1.

Let's have a model situation - escape from Striker's front grab bz pressing "punch" as you are grabbed.
In the script specify something like this ( the code may be wrong, haven't written in it for months ^_^ ):

var int a =0;

func void throw_escape_dummy(void)
{
  if ( a eq 1 )
  {
    a = 0;
  }

if ( a eq 0 )
  {
    chr_waitanimtype A_t47 punch
    a = 1;
  }
}

func throw_escape(void) <= link this somewhere so this part of the script gets inicialized
{
  chr_wait_animation 0 STRCOMthrow_fw_tgt
  cm_detach
  chr_focus 1
  fork throw_escape_dummy()
  sleep 100   <= timer how much time you are given, don't make this too long
  chr_focus 0
  cm_reset

if ( a eq 1 )
  {
    chr_animate 0 KONCOMstagger
    a = 0;
  }

if ( a eq 0 )
  {
   sleep 100
   fork throw_escape()
  }
}

That should give Konoko ability to "stagger" out of the Striker's grab.

Loser

Last edited by Loser (03/17/10 07:03)

#15 03/17/10 08:03

Loser

TOCS wrote:

You mean by that you want even more recoil and inaccuracy when running/jumping? Because in Oni there is soft autoaim so I never had problems with hitting anyone.

And about weapon ineffeciency - that is on purpose to encourage melee. If firearms were deadly, nobody would go melee. And since AI2 has no self-saving behavior ( well, it has, but very poor ) and tends to charge all the time, Oni would be duck hunt if everybody was down in 3 - 4 shots from Equalizer.

But maybe HeadShot mod ( Mukade was/is working on it? ) in combination with chr_weapon_auto_aim = 0 it should be the thing you are looking for. Also you can try

chr_auto_aim_arc = 0
chr_auto_aim_dist = 0
chr_aim_width = 0

But only Bungiee staff knows what these vars actually do.

Jon God wrote:

Screw Autoheal feature which is screwing nowadays gaming. Where is the thrill when all you have to do is to hide from AI for one minute?

Loser

#16 03/17/10 11:03

Mukade

Thanks for the tips Loser, I'll be sure to give those a try. I'm not exactly working on Headshots, but if I had somewhere to start from I'd be glad to.

As for the weapon inefficiancy, I think they're a bit too inefficient. Anyone played the modified BioLab, I forget who made it sad if was a few months ago. But that level is tough, and is difficult to do without guns. Either way, like I said, they could be better.

And I agree with screwing autoheal smile

#17 03/17/10 13:03

myplea1

If you're going to make more efficient guns, don't go too far with it. The guns in oni are only meant to play a small part in the fighting, if they are too powerful then people won't use hand to hand fighting as much as was meant in this game.
IT could help to have more powerful guns on some levels but then it also takes away the challenge, but at the same time if increasing efficiency you'll not only make yourself more powerful with weapons but the AI using the same weapon.

And about autoheal, I think it's a stupid idea even in halo. It only encourages running away from your enemies and hiding not fighting harder. Not at all the fighting spirit one should have.

Awol

#18 03/17/10 13:03

Mukade

Hmm, those commands don't do anything either

all four of them when i type them in give me
int32: 0

And unless someone knows sumthin I don't, the headshot mod is probably impossible with what we have now. AFAIK, the bullets don't distinguish between head and body, I wouldn't know how to change that, but it would be great if anyone had suggestions

Last edited by Mukade (03/17/10 13:03)

#19 03/17/10 14:03

demos_kratos

Those are variables, not commands. Of course engine will just print its type and value.
You can change the values of variable like this:

chr_auto_aim_arc = 1

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#20 03/17/10 14:03

Mukade

yeha i figured, cept i need a comand that will change weapons accuracy, speed damage, etc.. when a certain condition is applies( ie. crouched )

EDIT: Found some cool commands on SSG's sight that aren't on the wiki although some don't do anything
stuff like
show_flags
ai2_showlasers - shows AI laser sights
ai2_showvision - shows AI vision cones (this one worked, but it looked bad)

hope to get some of these working?

Last edited by Mukade (03/17/10 16:03)

#21 03/17/10 17:03

Iritscen

Those are on the wiki.

I know paradox was experimenting with a headshot mod.  He used different materials to get targets to receive damage according to where they were hit and with what weapon.  It's still in beta, and I don't recall at the moment if it has some serious limitation.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#22 03/17/10 17:03

Mukade

just the description makes it sound out of my league :-/

Are they really on the wiki? hmm, maybe i missed em, but it seems like too much to miss, unless i was looking at the wrong page

#23 03/17/10 17:03

Jon God

Loser wrote:
Jon God wrote:

Screw Autoheal feature which is screwing nowadays gaming. Where is the thrill when all you have to do is to hide from AI for one minute?

Loser

Say what you will, but more people are playing those games. smile

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#24 03/17/10 17:03

Mukade

I'm currently tweaking Power Plant Interior to make it a bit harder adding bosses and such, just cause i feel like it. Might add in a bit of a surprise too wink

Okay, I've decided to do a little more then tweak it. Ima make the whole game a series of little missions and stuff, that'll make you use all sorts of skills to get through, stealth, target practice, combat skills, the works. Already gotten one pretty cool fight/cutscene done. It's gonna be aweosme if I can get it to work.

Last edited by Mukade (03/18/10 00:03)

#25 03/18/10 01:03

Gumby

Iritscen wrote:

Those are on the wiki.

I know paradox was experimenting with a headshot mod.  He used different materials to get targets to receive damage according to where they were hit and with what weapon.  It's still in beta, and I don't recall at the moment if it has some serious limitation.

Yeah, in that it required (another...) complete rework of the ONCCs.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer