Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/10/10 18:03

Mukade

InGame GUI?

Is it possible to create an InGame GUI that would allow the player to select a character without having to type in a command or to shapeshift?

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#2 03/10/10 20:03

Striker

Re: InGame GUI?

I believe it's possible, but too hard to do it. I'm not sure exactly, because I don't modify to that extent, but I think it would take a great amount of time to complete such a task, due to the coding the the GUI itself, and the part where it makes it allow the commands to be executed.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#3 03/10/10 22:03

myplea1

Well if anybody actually made a program like that it would help very much. It would be much fun too seeing as you could switch between characters instantly in a fight.
But still as Striker said sounds like much much work that would take much time.

Awol

#4 03/11/10 06:03

Iritscen

Making a menu with Oni's GUI controls would be hard and would require coding in the Daodan, but there's been a few scripts that create menus using BSL.  Gumby's Konoko vs. World script even has a part where you choose what character class to play as.  So if someone wanted, they could adapt that code and make a BSL menu just for shapeshifting.  Although I'm not sure how much faster it would be than holding down F8 to cycle the normal way.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 03/11/10 07:03

Mukade

Yeah, i thought as much, and I don't suppose adding on to the original F1 menu is an option either... anyways, what I had in mind wasn't just shapesshifting but weapons, and even classes that I made up for the Special Forces Mod i'd started awhile back. Maybe not for SP, but I think something like that would be good for MP

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#6 03/11/10 13:03

3llense'g

Iritscen wrote:

Although I'm not sure how much faster it would be than holding down F8 to cycle the normal way.

The cycling part could be removed for one. wink Instantly jumping to whatever class is much more convenient. smile

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#7 03/11/10 14:03

demos_kratos

Instantly jumping to whatever class is much more convenient.

mmm... chr_set_class?

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#8 03/11/10 22:03

Mukade

yeah, but that always blams me sad

And anyways, like I said, the Gui wouldnt just be characters, but weapons, classes, and maybe other stuff

Board footer