Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/26/10 21:02

Lithium

How would you calm yourself down in a racial or fight situation?

How would you calm yourself down if you were in a big arguement or fight. I just want to see how you guys would do to calm down to see how you think. Thats all

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#2 02/27/10 00:02

Dirk Gently
Website

Re: How would you calm yourself down in a racial or fight situation?

talk a walk. play a game. Just getting your mind off it for a little while so you can put some perspective on the situation.

#3 02/27/10 03:02

3llense'g

Dirk Gently wrote:

talk a walk. play a game. Just getting your mind off it for a little while so you can put some perspective on the situation.

You can do none of that in a fight.

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#4 02/27/10 11:02

Lithium

well i calmed down but i'm still full of rage, and yes you could leave a fight, but the bastard is probably gonna wanna kick my ass monday.

#5 02/27/10 11:02

TheCreature

Well.... Personally, I agree with Dirk.  I go do something else to get my mind off it until I can calm down.

Or, if I can't go do something else, I just don't say anything.  And sometimes I'll hardly even move, if I'm really upset.  Then I'll stay like that until I'm calm enough to think clearly.

Unless, of course, it's a physical fight.  Then I usually walk away, or just take it, (This only works against weaklings) or if neither of those are available, I'll deflect their attacks until they get tired of hitting nothing but air, and then I walk away.

Last edited by TheCreature (02/27/10 11:02)

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#6 02/27/10 17:02

Lithium

WHat if the whole ordeal lead to racial problems a person say about lets say mexicans. What whould the consequence be if a student said "You mexicans are fucking up our economy" or "I should kill every single mexican" ?

#7 02/27/10 18:02

TheCreature

Well then I'd do the same thing, but maybe add another step.  I'd write them as a character in one of my stories, and then give them a gruesome death.  Then, when I'm calm enough to think straight, I'd probably decide that I want nothing more to do with them, and never see them again.  But that's just what I do personally.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#8 02/28/10 05:02

northero
Website

hmm... I've been in alot of such situations in singapore before due to conflicts with chinese and malays so what I will usually do is give them a smile when they scold vulgarities or challenge me and my frens for a fight. After they grown tired of taunting ( or even if they dun ) I'll juz walk away and juz try to forget about what happened. Juz think of it this way, even if u win the fight what will u gain ? and yet what will u lose if u lost the fight  big_smile

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

#9 02/28/10 12:02

Lithium

Well i probly won't be back this whole year, so to my friend stevinlewis i leave my ps3, to the moderators i leave 300 bucks, to LEus i leave peace, to northero i leave my copy of CLerks, tothecreatue i give him my home theater, and to the 3llense'g i leave lamp oil
No guys but seriously, i think i got someone suspended, and hes probably gonna want to start a fight. SO i guess i should tell security, if i do anything stupid, i go to kansas...'sigh' and if i lost he gets in trouble and i get off free. Id like to see him try and join the navy or a good college, with that vilent record of his

#10 02/28/10 12:02

Iritscen

Hmm.  Maybe you can simply try to avoid situations where he could start a fight?  I think that's what I would do; just try not to be in a place where he can confront me.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#11 04/13/10 14:04

Necro Skeletal

Learning to diffuse situations is key.  I tend to be a more agreeable person, so people haven't had a real reason to confront me.  You can almost always get on anyone's good side, unless they just outright assume you're somebody that you're not - which this person seems to have done.  If this is happening at school, I'd inform a trusted official (like a teacher or counselor) there of your feelings of the matter, and if you're patient enough with the system, it could buy you some peace of mind.

C:\duh

#12 04/13/10 17:04

Aramoro_

Bad idea Necro, at this point he cant diffuse the situation anymore...

Well oxe, if u want 2 calm down, u sould do some training, of any kind, lifting weights or anything
I usualy train if something upsets me...after a while i completely forget about it....

And about the fight there's not much u can do, u hawe 2 fight it out...or ambush him at night, its going 2 scare him a bit,
if the problem is just 1 person, after all its not like u can talk it out

I once had 2 do it, me and my neighbor and an other guy were good friends in our childhood...but that guy somehow got lost on the way, during the years he changed, drinking, drugs, and behaving like a gangster, sort he became a real bastard, but always hang around whit some other guys...
Now they where the tough ones, he was always on and on about how much of great fighter he was, becoz of them...
Untill he and i had a litle problem, he called 5 of his friends, and asked me to say sorry, (or rather beg for forgiveness)
Since there where a lot of people they couldnt attack me, they told me i dont have much time 2 live and such...
My old childhood friend was a weakling so i tought i get him at night when he is alone,
i got him from behind whit a fast kick, he had no reaction just fall straight into the bushes, he was down in hit
After that hes attitude changed, he didnt know it was me, but he kind of realyzed his friends wont always protect
him, and i newer got the promissed beating...
After this we newer talked again, even true he waned 2 behave freindly, i still hate him, and i newer forgiwe people
Who wrong me. My  former friend is a drunkard, is on drugs, got kicked out of hige scool, and has no future, i pity him     now,he was good fried, but he somehow got into the wrong crowd...

#13 04/13/10 18:04

T_W_D

well i calmed down but i'm still full of rage, and yes you could leave a fight, but the bastard is probably gonna wanna kick my ass monday.

Beat the crap outta him, and you'll immediately feel all warm and fuzzy inside. 100% guarantee.

*I'll probably be banned for this post, haha*

Last edited by T_W_D (04/13/10 23:04)

Fanfiction should be viewed as a property damage.

#14 04/15/10 07:04

northero
Website

nope you wouldn't although I dun quite agree but I always look up to ppl who speak their opinions even if they know/believe no one agrees tongue and btw to oxe has anything hawppened to u yet ?

Last edited by northero (04/15/10 07:04)

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

#15 04/19/10 13:04

Shade

I would tell my self to calm down saying that they are wasting my time. I have better stuff to do with out having someone making racial comments against me. I would just ignore it and give them a big smile. That will piss them off. I would just ignore it and continue your own business. Why did you got into a big argument? But for me. I will avoid fights. I will only fight if someone attacked me first.

Board footer