Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/20/10 04:02

aquateenhgrfrce

oni for OS X

hey, I have Mac OS 10.4, and I want to know how I can install oni on my computer. I downloaded the old version that only runs on PPC macs using Mac OS 9. The installer on the disc wont run on my computer because its an older mac application. I downloaded the 1.36 patch that was supposed to let it run on mac 0S 10, but when I click on it it says "select retail version". problem is I can't even install it on my computer since my mac won't run anything that used OS 9.

What do I do now?

#2 02/20/10 06:02

aquateenhgrfrce

Re: oni for OS X

alrighty, I fixed the problem. But now I switched the screen resolution to 1440x900 and it crashed the game. Everytime I try to reopen it, it crashes unexpectedly.

how do I solve this?

#3 02/20/10 06:02

paradox-01

You could try the savegame editor to change the resolution. If it doesn't work take the MacData.dat from the zip pack you downloaded and rename it to persist.dat, replace with it the one in your Oni folder.

#4 02/20/10 18:02

aquateenhgrfrce

paradox-01 wrote:

You could try the savegame editor to change the resolution. If it doesn't work take the MacData.dat from the zip pack you downloaded and rename it to persist.dat, replace with it the one in your Oni folder.

actually I found out what the problem was. For some reason the oni app that I downloaded from the apple website had problems with it. Those problems were fixed when I used the app found out the OniGalore wiki. It works perfectly now.

thanks!

#5 08/11/10 14:08

Rostner

Sorry to bring this topic back up, but I'm trying to install Oni on my Intel Mac. I ran into the same problem as aquateen. I have my disc in my computer, but when it says "Select Retail Location" I can't select anything on the game disc.

#6 08/11/10 14:08

EdT
Website

You need to copy the Oni folder from the disk to your hard drive.
Then get the OSX version: http://mods.oni2.net/node/64

Now when you start up the OSX version, select the Oni Folder on your hard drive.

#7 08/11/10 16:08

Rostner

Thanks a lot! It's working now.

#8 10/04/10 08:10

onirulez

hey edt i was asking that what are the system requirements for oni on mac because i heard you have a mac right?

"Your mine!"

#9 10/04/10 11:10

Iritscen

EdT's taken temporary leave from the community, but I can answer this one as a fellow Mac user.  Oni doesn't really have system requirements these days, in the sense that almost any Mac still running should be able to play it.  Originally a 300MHz or faster PPC Mac running Mac OS 8 was recommended.  Most of us today are running Oni on Intel Macs in OS X.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#10 10/04/10 16:10

Dirk Gently
Website

If you can run 10.4 without lagging then you can run it fine.

Board footer