Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/02/07 23:07

EdT
Website

Mod script naming suggestion

Thinking about Oni ni Kanabô, I have a suggestion about naming the mod scripts, to make it easy for the general user.

FolderName_ModName.bsl

For example:
tctf_OTA1.1.bsl
or
state_vampire.bsl
or
compound_titan.bsl

This it is quickly apparent which folder the mod should be placed in.

Also, perhaps we can make the final version a single file, instead of multiple files like the current OTA.
The advantage is the general user has to deal with one file, when trying out different mods.
This may make it easier for Tosh's Oni Mod Manager.

Just a thought.

#2 07/03/07 00:07

Tosh
Website

Re: Mod script naming suggestion

Well.. my Mod Manager's whole point is to unify a mod into one file, so it handles storing and installing multiple files well.
Though I do like the naming convention. Even if readmes cover it, it'd be faster I suppose.

#3 12/01/07 14:12

s10k
Website

Well I think it's a nice sugestion I will use it for some new scripts that I write. wink

#4 12/01/07 15:12

geyser
Website

The Anniversary Daodan should be able to load scripts (and "plugins") through a GUI.
And as for the Mac, I think we'll come up for a somewhat different "convention" soon.
A user should no longer have to copy BSL files manually. Shell scripts, at the worst.
Now that the globalization test really works on the Mac, I'll advertise it on Magma smile
Hopefully there'll be dedicated folks willing to code a GUI for this (in .NET, maybe).

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

Board footer