Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/10/09 11:12

Shade

What would you do if you can't find a job?

Hey guys, I was wondering. Right now I've been trying to find a job. I've called at least 5 places that were hiring, And they told me they weren't hiring. So just saying. What would you do if you can't find a job? The economy sucks now, almost everything is taken. I'm just feeling really depressed at the moment. I have no place to work at. What would you do if you were in a situation like this?

Last edited by Shade (12/10/09 11:12)

#2 12/10/09 11:12

Soul

Re: What would you do if you can't find a job?

I´ve been thinking about this as well... I was lucky. I only knew one thing I wanted to do for a job and I only had to make one call to get that place.... but I know a lot of people who worked their ass off to get a job. I´d probably do what most people do, and that is go to university and use these 3-5 extra years to make up a new plan. I dont know, the best thing would be to just keep trying. If there is a job you wanna do just call thousands of campanies and dont be afraid to take a job that is a little further away from your home i guess smile

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.
or should I?
You know what I'd like to be?
I mean if I had my goddamn choice, I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all.

#3 12/10/09 11:12

Shade

Soul wrote:

I´ve been thinking about this as well... I was lucky. I only knew one thing I wanted to do for a job and I only had to make one call to get that place.... but I know a lot of people who worked their ass off to get a job. I´d probably do what most people do, and that is go to university and use these 3-5 extra years to make up a new plan. I dont know, the best thing would be to just keep trying. If there is a job you wanna do just call thousands of campanies and dont be afraid to take a job that is a little further away from your home i guess smile

Yeah I agree with ya on that. I'm at home and I go to High School. I'm a senior and I need money before I graduate. So yeah. I'm checking other places right now so hopefully I'll find something.

#4 12/10/09 12:12

T_W_D

I would become a freelance artist, or a personal trainer. Or an interpreter, at least. Or finish my book in a hurry and run to sell it. Or write content to the internet sites. Or, if situation goes really bad, there's always the other way, you know. *draws her baton* big_smile

It depends on what you can do and how urgently do you need money. Sometimes you can simply donate blood and buy yourself a dinner.

Fanfiction should be viewed as a property damage.

#5 12/10/09 17:12

Ire Yosuke
Website

Go deodan mode. Kill some pople, make a living.
But really. If you have skills then heres a story for you!

There was a game called "Battlefield 1942" hurray... but?
Well there were many people who wished for it to go for advanced combat. Modern warfare.
And hence "Desert Combat" mod was born. Soon after the first release ALL people who were working with the mod got hierd by EA games who soon after released Battlefield : Vietnam and Battlefield 2. Yes.
If you do somthing big and promesing then you get hiuerd just because. That's why I ask you, what do you know, what can you do?
Make a f***** big project simulating Oni 2 (something like Konoko:Payne) and sooner or later someone will notice.

"There are two things that cannot be ignored in life. One is a cannon, the other, a cannon ball." - Commander Patrick "Bombard" Bomba

#6 12/10/09 22:12

Mukade

When i get out of high school.. in fact even IN high school, im focusing on becoming Video game developper... sounds like a passing fancy right, and a bit childish i guess, im in serious, ive been looking at requirements, I meet or will meet pretty mcuh all of em, and i really like the job description, because not only am I handy enough with computers, I'm also a good writer, and have a well enough imagination with some knowledge of programming and modelling etc..

As of now i have no job, I'm very picky about where I apply, by nature.. I hope to get one soon tho sad

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#7 12/11/09 00:12

Gumby

I would work on Flatline. Oh wait.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#8 12/11/09 02:12

Stevinlewis

T_W_D wrote:

I would become a freelance artist, or a personal trainer. Or an interpreter, at least. Or finish my book in a hurry and run to sell it. Or write content to the internet sites. Or, if situation goes really bad, there's always the other way, you know. *draws her baton* big_smile

It depends on what you can do and how urgently do you need money. Sometimes you can simply donate blood and buy yourself a dinner.

I love the donating blood >_-. You help the people in ur area yet u have just enough to put bread on your table at least for a day or 2

#9 12/11/09 05:12

northero
Website

yikes  But I thought donating blood is for the joy of helping others not for $  lol

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

#10 12/16/09 02:12

Phydur

I'd be livin' in a van, down by the river!

(its a referance to this:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/4183/saturday … -the-river
)

seriusly though. i donno. just keep trying or somthing, maybe continue schooling... i realy dont know.

*edit*
Ironicly, I would have to get a job, just to get a van, to live in a van down by the river.
also, i already have a job. even if it doesnt pay that well...

Last edited by Phydur (12/16/09 17:12)

I intentionally spell dang, dange, FYI.

Board footer