Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/02/09 13:12

Necro Skeletal

Super powers and abilities - added momentum?

So we've all talked about super powers and abilities we'd like to have.  What interesting and/or cool things do you actually do?  Are you ambidextrous, double jointed, play an instrument or do gymnastics?  Let's talk about some accomplishments!

I can play piano, and I've beaten Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox) on Master Ninja mode.  I skipped 5th grade too.  But my biggest accomplishment in the past few years is that I became self aware.  It's really fun owning your own mind!   smile

We've probably all answered this question before, but I think it at least reveals something about us through our subconscious. 

So first, tell us what ONE, SINGLE, super power you would want to have.

Secondly, discuss why you might want that ability.  Is it useful, frivolous, or is it just that its sheer ridiculous nature compels you?

Finally, if you had that power, would you truly be satisfied with it?

First off, (at this point in my life) I'd love to have the ability to remain in peak physical human condition, without nourishment or exercise.

I really feel like this would be extremely useful, because continuously improving my diet is a pain, and eating and exercise is time consuming.  I'd also save money!  I'm obviously LAZY.

If I had this ability, I would most likely be really happy about it for a while, then I'd most likely take it for granted sooner or later, and forget how lucky I am.

Last edited by Necro Skeletal (12/05/09 13:12)

C:\duh

#2 12/02/09 14:12

Leus
Website

Re: Super powers and abilities - added momentum?

Immortality.

I want to see the story of the world from the perspective of more than just one lifetime.  I also don't want to be subject to the force of a time limit that most people operate under.  I feel this would make living right a lot easier and understanding the nature of humanity and maybe other things a lot clearer.  Maybe I could even use my gift to give back to the world.  Unfortunately, even if I got that power, it might already be too late.  Looks like I might be comin' in at the final scene.

I dunno if I could still die from obvious ways like explosions or whatever, but I would never decay, wither and die.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#3 12/02/09 15:12

myplea1

Control time.

It would be cool to be able to see what had happened in the past and what will happen in the future, and being able to just stop time anywhere. Just imagine what you could do when the whole world is frozen, I would turn EVILLL! Probably.
Anyway it's a better way to see the future than living forever since you would get attached to someone and they would die and again and again. It would be terrible and you would probably end up killing yourself.

Awol

#4 12/02/09 15:12

Mukade

Shapeshfting ftw and i don't mean just animals, a light particle if you want :3

So you could be a shark and go underwater, a falcon, a light particle and go invisible and really fast, the possibilities are endless

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#5 12/02/09 20:12

Stevinlewis

Be really smart? I guess.

Cuz i can invent a time machine to travel around time pause time. And maybe streak my most hated teacher in front of the class and laugh at him all day long? tongue. And also invent a space wormhole which can make us (humans) travel around the galaxy and uncover the secrets of it ^^ heheheh. Mostly, i wana accelarate (did i spell that correctly  hmm ?) the advancement in human beings and have world peace!!!!! *the crowd goes wild* Yes thank you everyone it feels to good to be at the top of the word *weep*.  big_smile

Last edited by Stevinlewis (12/02/09 20:12)

#6 12/02/09 20:12

northero
Website

authority

I would wan to make the world instead of ' if u study hard u earn more when u grow up ' to a ' if u play hard u earn more when u grow up ' I always thought the 2nd option would be stupid but I wanted it to happen probably because l'm lazy  hmm

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

#7 12/03/09 00:12

Stevinlewis

Lol the world would be in chaos xD

#8 12/03/09 04:12

T_W_D

I'd love to have the ability to remain in peak physical human condition, without nourishment or exercise

No pain, no gain. Exercize isn't THAT time consuming, besides, it's fun. Anyway, aren't the things you achieve yourself more valuable then those you just happen to get?

As I already said, I don't want any superpowers. I'm content with things I have, the others I'll achieve if I want to, and I doubt the ability to fly or to become invisible wouldn't have any side effects. You can't get something without losing something. It's how the world is made. The only supernatural thing I'd dream of is a filthy rich uncle who suddenly died and left all his millions to me.

Of course, it'd be cool to fly or shapeshift at first. But I don't really need these things, and I'd forget about them soon.

Btw, lazyness is a deadly sin. big_smile

Fanfiction should be viewed as a property damage.

#9 12/03/09 04:12

Gumby

The power to not need sleep. I mean, once I am asleep I don't want to get up. But otherwise, I always have ideas and crap running through my head when I try to sleep. Take tonight: I'm much too tired to code (I could, but it would take ten times as long...), yet when I try to sleep I keep brainstorming Flatline stuff.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#10 12/03/09 12:12

3llense'g

Gumby wrote:

The power to not need sleep. I mean, once I am asleep I don't want to get up. But otherwise, I always have ideas and crap running through my head when I try to sleep. Take tonight: I'm much too tired to code (I could, but it would take ten times as long...), yet when I try to sleep I keep brainstorming Flatline stuff.

http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2002/4/15/103358/720

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#11 12/03/09 13:12

Leus
Website

^I wanted to try that a few years back, but I decided I wanted more time at night to dream.  But after reading that, apparently he has really cool dreams...  Maybe it'd be worth it.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#12 12/03/09 13:12

Necro Skeletal

T_W_D wrote:

I'd love to have the ability to remain in peak physical human condition, without nourishment or exercise

No pain, no gain. Exercize isn't THAT time consuming, besides, it's fun. Anyway, aren't the things you achieve yourself more valuable then those you just happen to get?

As I already said, I don't want any superpowers. I'm content with things I have, the others I'll achieve if I want to, and I doubt the ability to fly or to become invisible wouldn't have any side effects. You can't get something without losing something. It's how the world is made. The only supernatural thing I'd dream of is a filthy rich uncle who suddenly died and left all his millions to me.

Of course, it'd be cool to fly or shapeshift at first. But I don't really need these things, and I'd forget about them soon.

Btw, lazyness is a deadly sin. big_smile

So would that be your super power?  Dead rich uncle?  XD

C:\duh

#13 12/03/09 14:12

adorage

3llense'g wrote:
Gumby wrote:

http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2002/4/15/103358/720

If I should decide to become a psychoanalyst after all I'll switch to that schedule and become... UBERJUNG! With the superpower to remember all my dreams! lol

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#14 12/03/09 14:12

T_W_D

So would that be your super power?  Dead rich uncle?

An Endless Shopping ability. big_smile

Fanfiction should be viewed as a property damage.

#15 12/03/09 15:12

Muro

Mind control. Think of the possibilities  wink

#16 12/03/09 19:12

northero
Website

lol the possibilities are RUN!!! DUN LET Muro READ UR MIND!!!!!  big_smile

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

#17 12/03/09 20:12

Dirk Gently
Website

Because I am sick while I am typing this I would love the power to be immune to diseases, otherwise immortality.

#18 12/03/09 20:12

Samer
Website

I always wanted Telekinesis, levitation and precognition,  can we consider them as one psychic power ? like Jean Grey from Xmen tongue

Telekinesis bec it can be so physically powerful yet not physical in source, power of mind and not muscle ... I'm all for that smile  and can be very useful and practical ...

Levitation and well not flying, I always have those dreams that I'm able to levitate above the ground and just float everywhere big_smile that would be an awesome feeling ...

Precognition to avoid the disappointments and wasting time smile

I know u said one tongue  but time freezing is also cool, in addition to telepathy and empathy, and healing (others), and phasing through stuff tongue

I definitely won't want immortality or invincibility it would get boring after a 100 years watching every one u know die tongue

Last edited by Samer (12/03/09 21:12)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#19 12/03/09 21:12

Leus
Website

Man I don't understand why everyone thinks immortality would be unbearable.  Think about it, yo.  If your time limit was waived your entire perspective on everything would change.  You'd adapt to your new life, and it would be fascinating to be able to experience all that you would.  Nothing else you could do in one lifetime--even flying or reading minds or whatev--could be that amazing.

IMO.

#20 12/03/09 23:12

Mukade

@The sleep thing: It seems like an... interesting thing to try but somehow i think i should wait til im out of scholl ^_^

"interestingly enough, the fiction I wrote in this period was entertaining in a Thomas Pynchon meets The Electric Company kind of way"

yeah... i can WELL imagine

@Leus, if you lived forever, you wouldnt have any incentive or motivation to get anything done in life tongue

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#21 12/03/09 23:12

Leus
Website

Lol.  I already don't, so if I lived forever I just wouldn't have a lifetime to be wasting.  smile

#22 12/03/09 23:12

myplea1

Anyway, controlling time would allow so much more, I mean I would be able to live for however long I wanted and considering I would probably pause time while I slept so I wouldn't miss anything I would have a dam long time to live and everybody I know would still be around after 300 years My time.
I'd stop time for years on end tongue
Oh and I don't get any older when time is stopped >.<

Last edited by myplea1 (12/03/09 23:12)

Awol

#23 12/04/09 01:12

Stevinlewis

Well if ur stopping time how do u know what time it is to you O.o?

#24 12/04/09 09:12

adorage

Leus wrote:

Man I don't understand why everyone thinks immortality would be unbearable.  Think about it, yo.  If your time limit was waived your entire perspective on everything would change.  You'd adapt to your new life, and it would be fascinating to be able to experience all that you would.  Nothing else you could do in one lifetime--even flying or reading minds or whatev--could be that amazing.

IMO.

People watch too many clichée-ridden vampire movies about how horrible it is to be forever young, beautiful, magical and able to fly smile  Probably has something to do with a lingering reluctance to "upset Gods's order" - whether the person in question actually believes in God or not.

About the time-stopping thing, I read a book as a child in which the protagonist stops time and then she has this huge problem that she runs through the town and has to look out for every tiny obstacle in her way because she could bang her head even on a feather - because nothing will move except for her. And I thought that even that was too much of a compromise because if you stop time, not even a dust particle will move anymore - or the air itself. You'd be caught where you stand, unable to move.
I don't want to make Samer sad though tongue I'm just saying ^^

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#25 12/04/09 09:12

northero
Website

I read once didn't understand twice still didn't get it only at the third time =X wad he meant was because air particles couldn't move even if u touch it, it would be pretty painful if u go towards it with force(walking)

Board footer