Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 11/27/09 21:11

Samer
Website

Re: Guard Dogs - Released!

Ok I just tried them and have to say very impressive ! I never imagined to see this in Oni
I like the way they move ... They reminded me of rats more than dogs tongue

But to be honest I found them Impossible to defeat :S the only hit that hits them is a crouch kick or punch ... and by the time I get close they already had too many shots .. the only way is with a SBG or something tongue or just sneaking to avoid them but they got alarmed when other enemies were attacked .

and I know it's intentional and it's cool but maybe just too difficult :$ btw the stealthy textures are really stealthy tongue I couldn't spot them until it was too late

maybe decrease the damage of the bullets a bit ? or make them stunnable or make them pause every once and a while or decrease the hit accuracy  ? or decrease the health or make them deaf or decrease their sense of alarm if another enemy is attacked so one can sneak past them .

I said a lot of or :S

also the projectile of the one with the phase streamer was invisible . developer mod said this :
w51_GD_p01 contrail link points to a different class!
I hope this helps.

Still very cool and original and as always inspirational, Ed smile
I really loved how they move tongue seriously like rats  tongue

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#27 11/27/09 21:11

EdT
Website

Samoko:  Thanks for the feedback, I know they are way too tough for actual play.  Now I need to tame them a bit.  big_smile
I think your ideas are good.  Currently, with the level6 BINACHAR I replaced strikers with the DOGS (not rats) smile  So by editing the BINACHAR we can change some of their behaviors

Not sure about the phase stream error, something else to investigate.

The model designer, Matias, really came up with a great design and textures.  Hopefully, in a few weeks, we'll have another new character by him.

#28 11/27/09 22:11

Leus
Website

Yeah dude once the Sentries and Guard Dogs are balanced or "nerfed" as I believe the official nerdy expression is, they could make for an awesome level or at least level section.  I still gotta try these but I feel like I'm imagining them accurately.  Lol.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#29 11/29/09 18:11

EdT
Website

The hounds went to obedience school and are a bit tamer.  There is a delay between shots and some inaccuracies have been added.  The invisible particle should be fixed.

http://mods.oni2.net/system/files/21300Guard_Dogs.zip

#30 11/29/09 19:11

Mukade

Is it just me, or are all the guns supposed to point sideways hen you play them? Cause thats what happens to me :-/

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#31 11/29/09 20:11

EdT
Website

Mukade: You were playing as a guard dog?   smile

They only hold pistols correctly,  I didn't make the RIF TRAMs for them.  They weren't designed to be a playable character.

#32 11/29/09 20:11

Samer
Website

Lol the doggies have been tamed big_smile Nice job EdT and the particle also works smile

I find the one with the phase streamer the toughest to beat ... I really liked the new version of the one with the bullets smile

I have a small issue I want to tell u about .. I was playing Leus's Oni Zen Garden ... and he included the sentry droid ... however now sometimes the guard dogs spawn instead of it ( still having the sentry's weapon ) so this is an ONCV issue like before with Motoko and the red furies, I can fix that if u want and modify the package on the depot by giving them a new ONCV and including all the other ONCVs like I do with all the characters I make  smile

I also have a question ... what happens to the weapon they carry after they die ? is it left on the ground ? ... if yes can any other AI character pick it up :S ?

#33 11/29/09 20:11

EdT
Website

Samoko, are they too tame???  big_smile  Do you think I should make them larger so you won't think of them as rats?  tongue

I used the variant ONCVany so I thought it wouldn't be an issue.  If you can do the ONCV fix, I'd appreciate it. 

In the ONWC, I did this: <PickupHandleOffset>-30 -30 -30</PickupHandleOffset>  so the handles to pickup the weapons are under the ground so no other AI can pick it up.

Last edited by EdT (11/29/09 20:11)

#34 11/29/09 21:11

Samer
Website

Haha no no they are not too tame tongue tame just the right amount

and I don't think of them as rats anymore tongue more like Chihuahua dogs on steroids or something tongue

but if u make them bigger that would look cool too big_smile they'll go from Chihuahuas to dobermans tongue

actually O_o ... what if u make one really really big !! it will look like a BGI tanker (not the Oh yeah come on tanker, the war machine one tongue )  ... a new iron demon big_smile

Last edited by Samer (11/29/09 21:11)

#35 11/30/09 07:11

Samer
Website

in this pic I activated the behemoth cheat on it big_smile

Capture%20341.jpg

#36 11/30/09 11:11

EdT
Website

Samoko: Do you realize the implication of your request to make them bigger?

If they are larger, that means they can carry more ammo so they can fire more rapidly.  There can be better servo mechanisms, so they can more accurately fire the weapon.  The motor will be stronger so they can move with the added weight of armor, so they will have a higher HP and so on.  big_smile

Do you really want them to be vicious dobermans???  tongue

Besides, I have an idea for another project I want to try out.  smile

#37 11/30/09 12:11

Samer
Website

hehe ok tongue they are fine the way the are ... I was just messing around not really requesting tongue
can't wait to see what u do next big_smile ! we have an air sentry and a terrestrial dog .. what else is left an aquatic shark tongue ?

#38 11/30/09 20:11

EdT
Website

Samoko: If you really want to see the dogs bigger, you can always scale them in the ONCC:
<MinBodySizeFactor>2</MinBodySizeFactor>
<MaxBodySizeFactor>2</MaxBodySizeFactor>

But then you would have to change some settings in the ONWC.  If you want to learn how, let me know.

what else is left an aquatic shark ?

Maybe...  but, hopefully better...  I actually have a rough version sorta working already  big_smile

Last edited by EdT (11/30/09 20:11)

#39 11/30/09 21:11

Mukade

Yeah, cause Oni is in desperate need of an aquatic shark for all that water >_>

Can't wait to see your new idea tho smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#40 12/01/09 12:12

Leus
Website

Lol acid shark.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#41 12/01/09 17:12

Mukade

Leus wrote:

Lol acid shark.

thats wut i was thinking ^_^

although you die when you fall in anyways... btw how does that work? You can jump in the one at the end and survive, but any others you die

#42 12/01/09 18:12

Iritscen

As was recently pointed out, Konoko doesn't die when she falls into the acid, she dies when the gears crush her.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#43 12/01/09 18:12

Samer
Website

actually that's an interesting question ... what makes her die in other acid like in dream lab or third level ? is it a particle ... something in the ONCC or a bsl command ?
i was thinking my mutant konoko should be resistant to acid falls and somehow give her a floating animation if she falls into it and i'm wondering what can i change to prevent the acid death.

#44 12/01/09 23:12

demos_kratos

AFAIR acid is a trigger volume. So there should be a bsl function. I repeat, AFAIR ^_^'

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#45 12/01/09 23:12

Gumby

demos_kratos wrote:

AFAIR acid is a trigger volume. So there should be a bsl function. I repeat, AFAIR ^_^'

We have a winner!

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#46 12/02/09 11:12

Shade

Wow Nice Job! By the way, Never judge by a book by it's cover, They may look cute, But their also deadly tongue

#47 03/27/10 11:03

Samer
Website

EdT I'm having a little problem with them ... on windows 7 ...

once I install the guard dogs the contrails of com guys ( and shinibot since i gave her com guys contrails) stop showing up ...

and I receive this error in developer mode :

### 'h2h_comtrail_p01' contrail link points to a different class!

(many times)

is there a way to fix it ? the guard dogs btw do work fine just the com guys' contrails disappear ... once i remove the package the com guys' trails work well again.

#48 03/27/10 14:03

EdT
Website

Samer:  Sorry, I don't know what the problem is.  So then, with your previous system, you did not have this issue?

#49 03/27/10 14:03

demos_kratos

Why don't you just make a copy of that particle, rename it and make ONCC link on a copied version?

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#50 03/27/10 19:03

Samer
Website

yes Edt on my previous system windows xp I didn't have this problem :S strange ...

another pack may be interfering I'll investigate it further.

is there any connection between the guard dogs and com_guy's contrail ?

demos ur idea sounds interesting but there will be a lot of ONCCs to edit :\

Last edited by Samer (03/27/10 19:03)

Board footer