This sounds a lot like Paradox-01's "Project Imago" script, btw. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#30 11/07/09 12:11

Mukade

Re: Special Force Mod

lol wtf?? anyways, its for this reason why this mod will take awhile, and i dont expect round the clock work on it, but every bug we get past makes this easier

hmm, i can't see anything wrong, send me what you got and ill try a few things, two heads are better than one smile

also, does your cloak function work more than once?

Last edited by Mukade (11/07/09 12:11)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#31 11/07/09 12:11

Leus
Website

Oh I haven't tested the cloak function.  Sec...

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#32 11/07/09 13:11

Mukade

And be sure to send me your BINACHAR also, so it'll actually work tongue

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#33 11/07/09 13:11

Leus
Website

Alright here's the script I did:

func void cloak(void)
{
    if (cloakregen eq 0)
    {
    dmsg ("Phase Cloak Recharging...")
    }
    if (cloakregen eq 1)
    {
    chr_givepowerup st invis 900
    cloakregen = 0;
    dmsg ("Phase Cloak Engaged.")
    sleep 3600
    cloakregen = 1;
    dmsg ("Phase Cloak Ready.")
    }
}

For some reason, though, if I have any function or chain of functions that changes the same variable back and forth, the second change doesn't take effect.  So the first time I type "cloak" it works, then every time after that it just says "Phase Cloak Recharging..." even if it's been well past a minute.  I had the same problem with OZG.

Also here's everything you need to see what I'm seeing.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#34 11/07/09 13:11

Mukade

It's giving me scrolling BS in dev mode sumthin about ai2_setmovementmode not being able to engage without ai2_takecontrol = 1

i think that Konko not following has to do with the fact that she doesnt have a movement mode (since she was never meant to be taken over AI) so im gonna try stuff with that command and see what happens. I think if instead you spawned Evil_konoko instead of konoko, it would work, since she was meant to be AI

Last edited by Mukade (11/07/09 13:11)

#35 11/07/09 13:11

Leus
Website

True, it would probably work if all the characters were AI to begin with, but we'd have to rewrite a lot of script in that case.

Also, when I'm the sniper I don't have a crosshair and the AI still shoots (but doesn't aim) if there's an enemy in field.

Edit:  Also, put co_display=0 in the beginning of the BSL to get rid of that junk.  I know, it does it for me too but I keep forgetting to put that in.

Last edited by Leus (11/07/09 13:11)

#36 11/07/09 13:11

Leus
Website

Man...  I'm having way too many problems with this.  It's not as easy as I thought.  Game keeps crashing and stuff.

I think I'll just start trying to come up with ideas of what to do to make the levels harder, like where to add enemies and stuff, and writing those ideas down.  Hopefully we can figure out these problems eventually.

#37 11/07/09 13:11

Mukade

okay thanks, im trying to give each of the characters there own follow function, like this

func void follow(void)
{
if (kon eq 1)
  {
  ai2_setmovementmode sn run
  ai2_setmovementmode st run
  ai2_setmovementmode hv run
  ai2_followme st
  ai2_followme sn
  ai2_followme hv
  sleep 300
  fork follow
  }
if (sni eq 1)
  {
  ai2_setmovementmode kon run
  ai2_setmovementmode st run
  ai2_setmovementmode hv run
  ai2_followme st
  ai2_followme kon
  ai2_followme hv
  sleep 300
  fork follow
  }
}

]

also, whever my squad members start combat, it screws me up and locks up, doesnt even bother to blam me D:

we should at least give evil kon a try to see if it works, if it does then at leastwe have that to fall back on, and were gonna end up re-writing alot of the levls anyway to make em harder

Last edited by Mukade (11/07/09 13:11)

#38 11/07/09 13:11

Leus
Website

Yeah it's locking up a lot for me too.  And the AI gun control problem is significant I feel.  Hope there's a way around that.

I doubt they're working on it now, but maybe with the after-next AE/daodan/whatever is convenient the powers-that-be here could implement more effective character-switching functionality?  smile

#39 11/07/09 13:11

Mukade

plzzz 0_0

anyways, we also need to set the snipers health, you gave him additional, but it goes right back down again tongue

working on giving a steady stream of ammo to sniper, but it blammed me

func void ammo (void)
{
chr_givepowerup sn ammo 1
chr_givepowerup sn cell 1
sleep 2700
fork ammo
}

#40 11/07/09 13:11

Leus
Website

You don't have to do that, I have him set up for infinite ammo in the BINACHAR.  I think that's really the best way to do it IMO.

#41 11/07/09 13:11

Mukade

meh, sure tongue

okay, im going to give a try at evil konoko instead, we'll see how that works out

well okay, i havent done it yet, ive been tying other stuff, but i think the reason for all the lock ups is because of particles, notice it only locks up when theres suppoed to be a impact flash for a special move? My suggestion would be to create all new characters for this mod (samer can maybe deal with outfits?) and take out the trail particles for her team

Last edited by Mukade (11/07/09 14:11)

#42 11/07/09 14:11

Leus
Website

Hmmm...  Is that so?  I never noticed.  Good catch.

#43 11/07/09 14:11

EdT
Website

Its possible that Konoko won't follow you is because of the IsPlayer flag in the BINACHAR.  You might want to add another version of Konoko in the BINACHAR and use that one. 

The IsPlayer version, you could teleport somewhere far away. smile

Just a thought.

#44 11/07/09 15:11

Mukade

Yeah, i was thinking something like that, but i didn't see that flag in the BINACHAR, ill look
again

nope not in BINACHAR.... maybe in ONCC?

Last edited by Mukade (11/07/09 15:11)

#45 11/07/09 15:11

EdT
Website

From Leus' 77500OniSquad BINACHAR file:

<Object Id="8658" Type="CHAR">
            <Header>
                <Flags>0</Flags>
                <Position>-1100.95129 -340 -126.318726</Position>
                <Rotation>0 172.336975 0</Rotation>
            </Header>
            <OSD>
                <Flags>IsPlayer</Flags>
                <Class>konoko_generic</Class>
                <Name>char_0</Name>

Last edited by EdT (11/07/09 15:11)

#46 11/07/09 17:11

Mukade

yeah i was looknig at the wrong one smile

anyways, me and Leus have been chatting on skype for a good part of the day and have gotten someplaces smile

so by spawning an evil konoko, switching focus and teleporting the original out, we made konoko able to follow us big_smile

also I fixed the problem of the phase cloak not being able to b used more than once

#47 11/07/09 17:11

Gumby

Leus, I'm not quite sure wtf is up with your cloak regen function. It doesn't work for me either. Its WTFing me somewhere.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#48 11/07/09 17:11

Mukade

func void cloak(void)
{
    if (cloakregen eq 0)
    {
    dmsg "[r.Phase Cloak Recharging...]"
        sleep 180
        fork cloak
    }
    if (cloakregen eq 1)
    {
    chr_givepowerup st invis 900
    cloakregen = 0;
    dmsg "[b.Phase Cloak Engaged.]"
        fork regen

}
}
func regen
{
sleep 3600
cloakregen = 1;
dmsg "[g.Phase Cloak Ready.]"
}

just said in the post before i fixed it, about 10 minutes ago, i dont know why this is, but idc as long as it works

Last edited by Mukade (11/07/09 17:11)

#49 11/07/09 18:11

Leus
Website

Yeah I tried work-arounds like that in OZG but it still didn't work, it seemed like any function or string of functions that changed the variable back and forth just didn't work.  It just changed it one way and wouldn't change it back.  But this seems to be working so that's pretty sweet.

Another problem we ran into, though, if anyone has any idea:  When controlling this AI Konoko, we can't dash.  We can dash on all the other characters, but not Konoko.

#50 11/07/09 19:11

Mukade

My guess is she simply doesn't have a dash function, i'm sure theres a way to fix this in the ONCC, but if anyone knows differently, please say so

Board footer